Whole Foods Market Grocery Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.6

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, there were many people interviewing, asked me standard questions and I spoke to two differnt people. They called me within a few days with an offer, the questions on Glass Door helped me prepare. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lake Grove, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later was called for an interview. We sat in the office by the courtesy area and I was interviewed by the daytime shift manager and the store manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. It was comfortable and the questions were not difficult. I was supposed to hear within two weeks, but three weeks have passed and I have not been contacted.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between organic foods and foods that are not classified as organic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Naperville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called back 1 week later, scheduled interview via phone. No questions asked on phone. Interview was with associate team leader, team leader, and store director. All 3 interviews took about 25 mins. Be prepared to know about Whole Foods and their offerings is the most important thing. Questions on this site helped me prepare. BE PERSONABLE!

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jericho, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview. We went around the room and each answered various questions. I recommend getting your answer out quickly so it doesn't look like you are restating what others have said. There was also a part where we had to split into groups and plan out a potential WFM commercial in 5 min. The commercial needed a slogan and had to be 30sec - 1min long. Try to stand out and show that you can be a team player (they are big into that). Out of my group of 4, only 1 other person and myself were hired because we tried to stand out. Don't worry if you are in a bad group.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your most important core values?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boulder, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through indeed and was actually sent an email saying they were pursuing other candidates. About a week after I received the email one of the grocery managers called me and scheduled an interview for the next day. She was very nice gave me insight on what to expect and the hours I would be working, along with a tour of the store. The grocery manager then passed me on to one of the store managers and asked me about me about my experience with retail and what I would come to expect working at the store. He then called the grocery manager back over and she then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I applied online and got called within 3 days later. They asked me a couple questions on the phone as to why I wanted to work there and what my availability is. Then got schedule for an in store interview. Very friendly and laid back interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate your schedule and position

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear back. I called and didn't hear back. I went into the store and was interviewed for thirty minutes. I got called a day later and was offered the position. I would say that some departments may look online, but they are more interested in personalities. If you are outgoing and know about the company, go in person and talk to them. Figure out who the cool team leaders are and go for that department. A good team leader can make the biggest difference. They want outgoing friendly people!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A new store was being opened so they were mass hiring people. I applied online and received an email back a couple days later with some pre-interview screening questions that I had to respond and reply back to. A few days later I received a second email with a date, time, and location confirmation of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your manager or supervisor asked you to improve on something you were doing.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you had to take a risk in life and did you succeed? If not, why did you fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be enthusiastic and outgoing, they like meeting people with positive energy.

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very laid back. Basic questions- What do you know about whole foods? Why do you want to work here? What did you do at your previous jobs? What does organic mean to you? Etc. Be sure to study the company just in case they ask you about it.

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I sent in my application and got a call back in about 10 days. The team leader asked me to come in for an interview on Monday (three days away) after she asked me a few simple questions over the phone. When I arrived on Monday morning I went to the customer service desk and told them I was there for an interview, they told me to go ahead and sit at 'The Porch' and she would see me shortly. About 10 minutes after that she arrived and we started the interview with a casual convo , questions like 'How's your day going?', 'Its hot out there today isn't it?", etc. She then told me how she has received numerous applications regarding this position and got to the point that she would only look at applications that were COMPLETLEY filled out and she thanked me for doing so. She then started just confirming things I had stated on my application questions like my name, have I worked for Whole foods before, where do I work now, simple questions like that. The rest of the interview questions were fairly easy, I was asked questions like 'What's your biggest strength?", "Weakness?", "What makes you want to work for whole foods?", "Why are you considering leaving your current job?", "Have you ever received any promotions at your past jobs?", "What was a time where you really made a customers day?" To which I answered as honestly and professionally as possible. She seemed rather happy with my answers so she called one of the Assistant Store Leaders to come interview me as well. (Before she left she told me she had a few more interviews that day and tomorrow and that I would hear from her around Wednesday or Thursday. ) When the Assistant Store Leader came he was very laid back , friendly and asked the same questions but in a slightly different way, for instance , rather than saying 'Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?' he said 'So....Why a grocery store ? What makes you want to work for a grocery store of all places?' To me, it kinda seemed like a way of tripping me up and getting me to say something like "Ehh, it seems cool ya know? moneys good" but rather than saying that I said "Well...I like to think of this place as more than 'just a grocery store', this place has such an upbeat feel about it. I love the way the employees all get along, how each and every customer is served above and beyond their expectations , thats what I love to do in any job I have." he seemed very happy with my answer and with that he just wanted to know if I had any questions for him. I asked him what was his story in moving up with whole foods,if he really enjoyed it, things like that. That part of the interview was very short, lasted maybe 10 minutes. He told me to have a good day and id hear from my team leader soon. The whole interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. 3 days later, I got a call from the team leader offering me the position, she sent out my backround check, Monday morning I got a call asking me to come in for my first day of training, and Ive been working there ever since.. :)

Negotiation

They start all Team Members out at $10