Whole Foods Market

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.6

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

The hiring and interview process is very laid back. Basic questions- What do you know about whole foods? Why do you want to work here? What did you do at your previous jobs? What does organic mean to you? Etc. Be sure to study the company just in case they ask you about it.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Grocery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I sent in my application and got a call back in about 10 days.
    The team leader asked me to come in for an interview on Monday (three days away) after she asked me a few simple questions over the phone.
    When I arrived on Monday morning I went to the customer service desk and told them I was there for an interview, they told me to go ahead and sit at 'The Porch' and she would see me shortly. About 10 minutes after that she arrived and we started the interview with a casual convo , questions like 'How's your day going?', 'Its hot out there today isn't it?", etc. She then told me how she has received numerous applications regarding this position and got to the point that she would only look at applications that were COMPLETLEY filled out and she thanked me for doing so. She then started just confirming things I had stated on my application questions like my name, have I worked for Whole foods before, where do I work now, simple questions like that. The rest of the interview questions were fairly easy, I was asked questions like 'What's your biggest strength?", "Weakness?", "What makes you want to work for whole foods?", "Why are you considering leaving your current job?", "Have you ever received any promotions at your past jobs?", "What was a time where you really made a customers day?" To which I answered as honestly and professionally as possible. She seemed rather happy with my answers so she called one of the Assistant Store Leaders to come interview me as well.
     (Before she left she told me she had a few more interviews that day and tomorrow and that I would hear from her around Wednesday or Thursday. )
    When the Assistant Store Leader came he was very laid back , friendly and asked the same questions but in a slightly different way, for instance , rather than saying 'Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?' he said 'So....Why a grocery store ? What makes you want to work for a grocery store of all places?' To me, it kinda seemed like a way of tripping me up and getting me to say something like "Ehh, it seems cool ya know? moneys good" but rather than saying that I said "Well...I like to think of this place as more than 'just a grocery store', this place has such an upbeat feel about it. I love the way the employees all get along, how each and every customer is served above and beyond their expectations , thats what I love to do in any job I have." he seemed very happy with my answer and with that he just wanted to know if I had any questions for him. I asked him what was his story in moving up with whole foods,if he really enjoyed it, things like that. That part of the interview was very short, lasted maybe 10 minutes. He told me to have a good day and id hear from my team leader soon. The whole interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.
    3 days later, I got a call from the team leader offering me the position, she sent out my backround check, Monday morning I got a call asking me to come in for my first day of training, and Ive been working there ever since.. :)

They start all Team Members out at $10

Grocery Team Member Interview

Attended a hiring fair, was pleased with the Team Leaders, thought their questions were fair and intuitive. Both seemed well versed in the nature of the job, and had a grasp of the position in general and we comfortable talking about various aspects of the job beyond just that of the interview.

Grocery Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Received a phone call where I answered a few questions then i was given an interview date. talked to my soon to be team leader most of the time except for about a fifteen minute talk with store assistant. I felt good answering all the questions and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most risky thing you have done at another job?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had to do something you didn't know how to do, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online for 3 positions. Got called two days later from the Payroll specialist and she invited me to the group interview that was scheduled a couple of days later. Came in for a group interview. Then the next day received a call saying i got the job!!

none needed starting pay was way more than i thought

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

It was a group interview. We were all asked questions and each of us had to answer. Very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Total of 3 interviews. First it was a job fair - about 20 people in one room were asked questions like "why do you want to work at WFM", "what is an excellent customer service for you". Second interview took place at one of WFM locations. Every candidate was interviewed individually. Took about 15 minutes. Questions "why Whole Foods", "what would you bring to the team". Third and last interview was just a formality. One of a Team Leader called to set up a time for the final interview. I went there, it was just me and him, I were asked very simple question about my resume, schedule/hours I won't be able to work. Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Got the final answer right away.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. If you are honest and know something about natural, organic food and customer service then there shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2013.

2 step process @ a job fair. First an initial interview with a general person then an interview with the department head. Not stressful at all, very easy going atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What is your response to immediate attention required requests?   Answer Question
    I took the 10$, mainly because I need a steady job with as few bumps in the road as possible.

Grocery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I received a phone call for an interview about 2 weeks after applying.
    I went in 15 minutes before the scheduled time and waited until the correct time (it's great to be early but I think in a busy store the management had tasks to finish before interviewing me so I patiently waited). This initial interview felt relaxed and basic. The interviewer then said that he'd like to set me up for a second interview but the correct supervisor wasn't in at the moment.
    I went home and got a call to come BACK in if I could because a slot opened up with the correct person. I went back 15 minutes early again and waited the 15 minutes. This interview was a lot tougher with more intricate questions and a more intimidating interviewer. At the end he informed me that it was a 3 interview process and I'd have to come back in for the 3rd. This wasn't a big deal at all but I was just eager to get the ball rolling so it was hard to wait. The 3rd interview finally arrived and it was not even 5 minutes long. I was told I would be offered the position and went on to do a bunch of paperwork. Strenuous experience but it's good that they take hiring seriously.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a recent meal you had in as much detail as possible"
      and "How do you make a peanut butter sandwich?"

View Answer
    All part-time team members start out at $10.

Grocery Team Member Interview

Arrived at a hotel conference room and for two hours we had performances skits. There were three skits, and each group of people are randomly selected. You find yourself with complete strangers conjuring up interactive routines based on company policies on a numbered list. You have to perform and jump through hoops, and look good to managers with clipboards.

Interview Questions
    • No questions or interview - we just performed skits. They are looking for animated type a's that stand out in groups.   Answer Question
    A phone call asking if I wanted the job, and then lots of emails regarding backround checks, etc.