Whole Foods Market Grocery Team Member Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

2.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Grocery Team Member Interview

Attended a hiring fair, was pleased with the Team Leaders, thought their questions were fair and intuitive. Both seemed well versed in the nature of the job, and had a grasp of the position in general and we comfortable talking about various aspects of the job beyond just that of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Grocery Team Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Received a phone call where I answered a few questions then i was given an interview date. talked to my soon to be team leader most of the time except for about a fifteen minute talk with store assistant. I felt good answering all the questions and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most risky thing you have done at another job?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had to do something you didn't know how to do, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online for 3 positions. Got called two days later from the Payroll specialist and she invited me to the group interview that was scheduled a couple of days later. Came in for a group interview. Then the next day received a call saying i got the job!!

none needed starting pay was way more than i thought

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2013.

I had two interviews, it was not the most interviews I have had to do but it was efficient enough. Phone interview was short about five questions and in person interview was a few more questions but a lot of detail about what the position that was available.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty standard interview the most difficult thing was trying to explain why I had never considered shopping there previous to applying.   Answer Question
    There was not really a negotiation phase, it was just let us do the background check and then you either accept or decline if they send an email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Total of 3 interviews. First it was a job fair - about 20 people in one room were asked questions like "why do you want to work at WFM", "what is an excellent customer service for you". Second interview took place at one of WFM locations. Every candidate was interviewed individually. Took about 15 minutes. Questions "why Whole Foods", "what would you bring to the team". Third and last interview was just a formality. One of a Team Leader called to set up a time for the final interview. I went there, it was just me and him, I were asked very simple question about my resume, schedule/hours I won't be able to work. Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Got the final answer right away.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. If you are honest and know something about natural, organic food and customer service then there shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

It was a group interview. We were all asked questions and each of us had to answer. Very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2013.

The interview process is brief enough but the leadership is unwilling to work with one on anything with respect to scheduling and flexibility.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer kept asking me what I thought the quota for stocking the number of cases on shelves for hour ought to be.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2011.

It was really easy. they asked why i want to work there and if i liked being healthy. It was the easiest job i have ever gotten.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt ask me a difficult question. All the questions are yes or no questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I was put on at $8 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2013.

2 step process @ a job fair. First an initial interview with a general person then an interview with the department head. Not stressful at all, very easy going atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What is your response to immediate attention required requests?   Answer Question
    I took the 10$, mainly because I need a steady job with as few bumps in the road as possible.

Grocery Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I received a phone call for an interview about 2 weeks after applying.
    I went in 15 minutes before the scheduled time and waited until the correct time (it's great to be early but I think in a busy store the management had tasks to finish before interviewing me so I patiently waited). This initial interview felt relaxed and basic. The interviewer then said that he'd like to set me up for a second interview but the correct supervisor wasn't in at the moment.
    I went home and got a call to come BACK in if I could because a slot opened up with the correct person. I went back 15 minutes early again and waited the 15 minutes. This interview was a lot tougher with more intricate questions and a more intimidating interviewer. At the end he informed me that it was a 3 interview process and I'd have to come back in for the 3rd. This wasn't a big deal at all but I was just eager to get the ball rolling so it was hard to wait. The 3rd interview finally arrived and it was not even 5 minutes long. I was told I would be offered the position and went on to do a bunch of paperwork. Strenuous experience but it's good that they take hiring seriously.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a recent meal you had in as much detail as possible"
      and "How do you make a peanut butter sandwich?"
        View Answer
    All part-time team members start out at $10.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!