Whole Foods Market Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.2

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very simple and convenient everyone was friendly and acted more like family then anything. I had to wait a while but I understand it gets busy so no complaints. They care more about your personality then your experience.

Produce Production Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by both the department team leader and the store human resources leader. Assisted a one-on-one interview with the department team leader and was run through all job duties and requirements. Was very easy and smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Saw the job online. Signed up with WF website, created a profile, uploaded my resume, entered all of my job history various times on the WF website profile, created a cover letter for the website. Received an email inviting me to the job fair. Showed up at job fair, met with three people, all were very nice. Was interviewed by one local manager, then passed to another location's manager. At the job fair there were 3 tables lined up with two interviewers at each table. They all had one interviewee they were both talking to, but you were seated right next to the other people. You could hear other people interviewing at the same time as you. It was a small challenge to maintain focus while you were answering or during the pause before the next question not to start listening to other people. She asked me many questions about relevant job history, what i know about WF stores, if I could help with certain bakery things, cake decorating, training, etc. She offered me an hourly rate on the spot.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me a little bit about what you did at your last job. I wasn't prepared for a clear concise answer for this.
      -Do you shop at WF; if so, what is it you like about it? Specifically.
      - Tell me a little about the signage at your whole foods, what do you notice.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. She offered I accepted.

Graphic Artist Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX).

Interview

Jobs are posted for a specified amount of time. Submitted application online. One the posting expired, all applicants were screened and some were emailed to set up a phone interview. After phone interviews, some were selected for an in person panel interview. Panel interviews include Store Team Leader, Metro and Regional Graphic Artists and Store Graphic Artist and Marketers. Received a phone call two days later with a job offer. After acceptance, filled out paperwork and attended a day long orientation before starting at the store.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to draw a chalkboard illustration in under 3 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Guest Service Metro Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

When I saw this job posted I was in another city making my way to Houston. I was already in the process of transferring to a Houston store when I applied for the job. I applied for the job and about a week or two later I received an email confirming that I would an interview candidate. There was also information about attending a conference call to chat with the three regional coordinators. This was our time to ask them questions to prepare for our interview. We were also expected to go and visit all the Guest Service Team Leaders in Houston area. For the interview we had a prepare our action plan for the panel. On the panel there were 6 team leaders there, 2 coordinators, a store team leader and the team members services specialist aka HR. The interview was about 50 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few questions were scenario questions gauging what you would do in specific situations. I got asked a couple of "fun" questions only because I was so, so nervous. I didn't find any questions difficult to answer it was just quickly thinking about what anecdote, story or experience I could share that would make sense of an answer.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX).

Interview

Responded to phone message (i appreciate they call with intention of leaving message since i wasn't available to pick up).
    1 in-person interview.
    I was comfortable in my t-shirt, jeans,jacket. I was a little nervous but
    it helped to be myself as much as possible. i answered without thinking too much and was honest as possible. I also have been a long time shopper so I already love what they sell and stand for.

All interactions; I like that I was respected and welcomed.
    So glad they chose a moderately quiet place(still accessible by customers though).
    NOTE: one company i interviewed for, sat right in front of the loudest machine in the place.
    That to me, is rude!

Even with the previous position I applied for they did a phone interview. I was asking for
    more than they start out because I had almost a decade of experience so I declined.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave a previous employer?
      3 best qualities?
      availability,start date?

Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. One of the managers set up a quick phone interview with me. He asked why I wanted to work at Whole Foods, and scheduled an interview with me 2 days later. I wasn't called for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• With your experience, why do you want to be a cashier?
      What have you been doing lately?
      Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?
      What days will you need off?

Associate Store Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

this can be an extensive process. You are required to visit each store and tour it, as well meet with each Store Team Leader and discuss the role and store. Then, the actual interview is in front of an 8-10 person panel including all store team leaders, executive coordinator of operations, regional vp and hr representative. Questions are behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to rank each store and leader based on your visits to the entire room of leaders.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation, salary and position is what it is

Front End Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Meet with a store assistant team leader then with a Front End Team Leader and was hired pending background check. Took 15 - 20 min's total. The Background check took more than 2 weeks and was inconclusive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WFM?   1 Answer

Front End Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Walked into the location that I wanted to work at. Asked to speak with the store manager and, handed my resume in. Few days later the front end team leader contacted me by phone to set up interview. Within that week I did a one on one interview and, accepted the position. Wage was determined in interview

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be? WFM (in this area anyway) is known to ask quirky questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

you can negotiate but, keep in mind what the market is at the time and what your position entails.