Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for a job interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods? What is the difference between organic and natural? How can. you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, there were many people interviewing, asked me standard questions and I spoke to two differnt people. They called me within a few days with an offer, the questions on Glass Door helped me prepare. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Reno, NV).

Interview

Interview was casual and laidback. I was interviewed by two people, the store manager and team manager. The whole process from filling out the application, first phone call to set up interview, actual interview, to starting date was quite long.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview then an in-store interview. I don't think they usually do much of a phone interview (could be wrong) because she chuckled and said she didn't really remember asking me those questions when I was at the in-store interview. The two people I talked to were really nice though (first spoke to the woman then her supervisor). I got an offer at the end of the in-store interview and had to begin background checks online a bit later. That is what takes the most time, especially because I am from a different country - had to get a background check from native country too. Otherwise the background check probably would've been a lot faster.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Lots of this job involves lots of the same repetition. What are your thoughts on that?   Answer Question
    • How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. Went in for in person interview, and was given job on the spot. Started the following week. The process was quick and easy. Only took about a week from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge at one of your previous positions?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Park Ridge, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was general. Interviewed by two leaders of the department. General questions of availability, in school or not. If your work history is short they will ask about that. Overall good experience, hired on the spot. Smile and have confidence.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We sat at a table outside and briefly talked about the job and the hours. She asked me about my experience and my availability. I was informed that the job was not very hands on and that I would probably like to apply at another location that was hiring a cake decorator.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted application and got a phone interview within 3 days. Then the next day they called me for an interview for that day. Met 2 managers, they asked me some questions and talked about availability; seemed like everything was going great. They told me they had about 200 applicants so they were interviewing a lot of people. I asked when I would know if I got the job and they told me within the end of the week I might get a second interview. The week ended and I never received a call, email, or anything. So that was really unprofessional for WFM

Pastry Chef/Cake Decorator/Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Rochester, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call 3 days later. The Bakery Team Leader informed me it would be part time starting and asked me a few pre-screening questions pertaining to the job itself (baking experience, schooling, reliable transportation etc.) We scheduled an in person interview for 3 days later where I met with my team leader and the cake decorator. They asked the same pre-screening questions and added a few more such as: Why do you want to work for Whole Foods? What does working as a team mean to you? What are your past retail experiences? What have you done in the past when dealing with an upset customer? It was all pretty straight forward and relaxed. I received a call the next day to set up my mandatory second interview. This time it was with the store manager, my team leader and two Pastry Chefs. They had an 8 inch round 2 layer cake set up for me to decorate when I got there (along with a tub full of icing, an apron, gloves, all of the garnishes, tips and spatulas I would need, and 5 pastry bags with different colored buttercream in each.) I was asked to complete specific tasks during the decorating process; smoothe the sides, polka dots on the side, oyster border, a flower and they asked me to write "Happy Birthday!" on it at the end. They also had me decorate a salted caramel cupcake to the store's specifications. The interviewers made me feel at home and calm even though I was kind of freaking out, haha. After I was finished decorating, each interviewer (4 in total) asked me typical interview questions, basically whatever came to mind. They thanked me for my time and said they'd be in touch within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had at a previous place of employment and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and I got a call a few days later from a team leader. I was asked why I wanted to work at WF, my previous customer service experience, and how I deal with problems in the workplace. The TL then told me about the position, that it was part time, the hours, and pay rate. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day (on Tuesday) with the person who called and also an associate of his. The next day I came in and met with the guy who called an also another person. They asked me the same questions over the phone and asked where I saw myself in a two years. They also asked about my hobbies and how I keep motivated. It was all very casual and laid back. They were very friendly and it was over in about 15 minutes. They said they'll get back to me by Friday, but I got a call back later on that night with an offer. The next day I got an email regarding a background check, which I had to complete as the next step.