Whole Foods Market Specialty/Wine Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

"Speed dating" style interview with a panel of three "up from the loading docks" types. 10 minutes total to make a good first (and last) impression. I had no sense from their few questions in those brief 10 minutes that they had even reviewed my application.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would make a memorable sandwich for a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers. Asked basic questions of past employment, what kind of person you are, and what coffee/beer/cheese/wine etc. you prefer. Seemed like their first time interviewing potential candidates. I arrived early, they were fifteen minutes late, but I understand that previous interviews might have run a bit long.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to tell them what hipster coffee/beer/cheese/wine etc. you prefer. Have a few hot brand names to regurgitate. Mention organic/free-trade/shade-grown non-sense.   Answer Question

They expect you to be an expert on every hipster brand of specialty products. At $10/hour, I doubt anyone who works there can afford to buy the products to try, even with a 20% discount. They take them selves too seriously, especially for a grocery store.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online after asking in-store. I was called back within two weeks to schedule an interview with an assistant team leader. I sat down and had a conversational interview asking about my previous Whole Foods experience.

Interview Questions

• What gets you frustrated about your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The definitiveness of salary needed to be checked over by a superior (or so I was informed). That was about all the negotiation.

Specialty/Wine Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Communication was done through the phone leading to the interview where I was quizzed on my wine, cheese and beer knowledge - knowledge of "basics of organics and steps", questions about what my favorites in each category are, what I can bring to the table, most stressful retail moments, have I ever worked the holidays, do I have open availability, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• If I could be any product in the store, what would I be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research on the company, on organics, on things that are involved in the department you are applying for and if you don't know the answer BE HONEST. Say you do not know and that you are willing to learn. I drew a blank on a lot of questions but, I was honest and said I had no idea and now I am learning everything I didn't have a clue about because I'm happy in the position I'm in and I am eager to show management that I am grateful they took a chance on me and I will work hard everyday to repay them.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lynnfield, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Took forever to get a full time position coming in from the outside.

Interview Questions

• What was my overall experience regarding handling food and doing food prep?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took many attempts and interviews and job fairs but finally got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sherman Oaks, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

You must apply online. Go into the store and talk with the team leader and try and get an interview. It does not hurt to keep pushing through. They like to hire only from within but just keep pushing and you can get a chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me my pay and I could not argue.

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Superior, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Was fast and easy. I had a connect with a team member at the store, and the referral was a huge help. They didn't ask many questions, and I was hired after only meeting the Team Leader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview, then a follow-up, in-person interview with a ATL and HR person. They took a while to meet me in the cafe after I checked in at the customer service booth, but they were friendly and personable. They're very focused on knowledge of the product, familiarity with Whole Foods, and desire to advance. Young interviewers and a bit nervous. Among the usual questions, they asked, "if you could make dinner for anyone, what would you make and who would it be?"

Interview Questions

• If you could prepare and share a dinner with anyone, who would it be and what would you make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dedham, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

the hiring process is pretty straightforward. i showed up at a career fair they had set up close to the location of a new store that is opening in MA. Everyone seemed very nice and cordial I felt like it would be a good work environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite meal?   1 Answer