Whole Foods Market

409 candidate interviews

Grocery Team Member Interview

Grocery Team Member
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – So after applying online, I received an email for a screening event on August 28 at a job agency office. So I learned that it wasn't an interview at all but a screening process to filter out candidates. The recruiter said there were very limited positions and they only seek experience. So I wanted to work in the grocery section, but the recruiter said I don't have experience despite working in grocery/retail for over 7 years. Instead, she pushed the cashier position on me so out of desperation I said I can do it. So I handed over my resume and the recruiter promised to "keep in touch" by calling back. Yeah right!

Even I get offered cashier position, I will flat out refuse because I am sick and tired of these positions. And when measured against the actual job description on the official website, the recruiter made no sense whatsoever. Obviously the recruiter had no idea what the job was. And because of that, I lost interest in the job and the company itself and would never apply/shop again.

Interview Question – None. Just the basics like "Have you been to Whole Foods?" and so forth.   Answer Question

Associate Store Team Leader Interview

Associate Store Team Leader
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

Interview Details – this can be an extensive process. You are required to visit each store and tour it, as well meet with each Store Team Leader and discuss the role and store. Then, the actual interview is in front of an 8-10 person panel including all store team leaders, executive coordinator of operations, regional vp and hr representative. Questions are behavioral based.

Interview Question – They ask you to rank each store and leader based on your visits to the entire room of leaders.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation, salary and position is what it is

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was long. Many questions were asked regarding your previous encounters and experience, and you were supposed to provide immediate examples that could backup your answers. If you passed the first interview, you also had to pass the Group/Panel interview. I am very much "pro" towards these difficult interviews. It is fair and is challenging.

Interview Question – Give me an example that you were criticized by your colleague or your supervisor, and how did you respond to it?   View Answer

Produce Team Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online after seeing the career opportunities listed on their website. Got an initial phone interview and screening after a few days. This consisted of basic questions about my past career and general details about my current position etc. About two weeks after that I was called for an interview and it consisted of a large panel of store team members and leaders. This is something out of the ordinary I am sure to many people in the retail industry. Whole foods is all about making decisions as a team and sharing the hiring process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you lead others to success.   Answer Question

Associate Team Leader Interview

Associate Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2009.

Interview Details – WF's called me to come in for an interview.
Do your due diligence.
They ask that you do a 30,60,90 action plan.
Interviewed with a panael of 7.
24 hours later I got a job offer.
There was the store team leader, the team leader of the particular department, the coordinator of the the deparment, and 4 other team members..
The interview was held at the regional offices. This office is well kept and very green. When you first walk in you are greeted by the receptionist who was very nice.
Whole Foods culture is terrific!

Interview Question – If you had to take away one core value which one would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and it worked in my favor. Don't be affraid to negotiate all they can say is no.

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2010.

Interview Details – They expect you to be well verse on the WFM Missions & Core Value. You must do an assessment of who you'll work for (STL,ASTL, Regional Coordinators, your future inherited team members, the team status with successes and opportunities). Promote in within mostly. If you're from outside of the company, we want you to read the website in and out, believe in it and create an action plan of how you can make a successful transition coming from non WFM Culture.

Interview Questions

Whole Body Team Leader Interview

Whole Body Team Leader
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview processes for management are difficult. First, you must apply online and then make it through a phone interview. Following the phone interview you will be scheduled for a panel interview that includes an HR officer, a store team leader, a department coordinator from the regional office and 2-3 subordinates (usually buyers from the team you are applying for). You will bring a resume and action plan with you. Interviews are capped at 45 minutes long. During the 45 minutes you will be asked questions regarding finance, merchandising, your personal approach to leadership, hypothetical HR questions and questions regarding your areas of knowledge and passion.

Interview Question – Questions regarding HR protocol are the most difficult to answer for an outside hire because they related to the GIG Book manual that an outside hire will not have access to. In   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They made me an offer and I accepted it.

Payroll Benefits Specialist Interview

Payroll Benefits Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – It is a panel interview where you sit in front of a minimum of ten people, all of whom will ask you questions. This panel will include management, employees, regional directors, senior management, potential fellow co-workers. Applications are looked at more than resumes, so make sure that you put all of your experience on the application. Degrees are not awarded anything-experience and knowledge is all that counts. Find out the store leader name and mail your resume and application to them directly in addition to applying online.

Interview Question – They asked me to train them on something and then gave me 5 min. to prepare. Topic of my choice. Most candidates are asked to write an action plan-be sure that you contact and talk to a variety of employees for their input.   Answer Question

Demo Specialist Interview

Demo Specialist

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Previously applied for a position in a different dept so they had my resume. Was called and told I was selected for interview and had to complete a demo project. Given interview date and project assignment. Day of interview was expected to conduct a 20 min demo featuring key products. Demo was followed by panel interview discussion.

Interview Question – Was asked how I would go about putting together an in store event with demos and coordinate with all the departments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront and told them what I would be asking for the day they called me to schedule the interview. They said it would be in that range and I got the offer I was needing/expecting.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – It is a panel interview, that sometime requires upwards of 7-10 people. The people are team members throughout the store and are going to ask questions that relate to how that positions will affect them. They will usually allow 3 people to interview for a position, and after the interview, they vote on who they felt is most deserving of the job.

Interview Question – Speaking to the financials aspects of the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a wage that I felt was fair, and I accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market interview questions and advice. All 409 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.