Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (North Wales, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Went into the store to ask about an application I had submitted and was taken back for a "pre-screening" interview immediately. Some difficult and odd questions asked. The interviewer initially seemed pleased with me and said that I would hear back about a second interview - and then I was sent a form email saying that I was not what they were looking for. Felt very mislead, to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Wegmans is our main competitor. How do you believe that Whole Foods differs from them?   Answer Question

Associate Prepared Foods Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

You must spend a lot of time in the store you want to work in contacting every member of Leadership you can think of, then throw in some random Team Members. Who you contacted is ALWAYS the first question you get asked. Pretty much sets up the process against outside candidates.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I was checking out one day and asked one of the front end managers what they paid their cashiers. He told me $10 (if I remember correctly), and within the week I dropped off an application, immediately heard back from them and showed up for an interview. The interview was pretty informal and casual, which I appreciated. I got asked a series of questions by one of the front end managers -- standard interview questions. If I remember correctly, another manager came over at some point, I talked with him, and after about 20 minutes I was hired. Granted this was all a couples years ago, so I may be a little fuzzy on the details.

Interview Questions

• What's a pet peeve of yours?   1 Answer

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was interesting and fun. You get to really think outside the box. You team up in teams and together make a commercial about Wholefoods. Make sure you work well in the team but also shine through. Smile, talk clearly and look into everyone's eyes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Rochester Hills, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 seperate interviews with two people from my team. Both interviews were pretty straight forward and relaxed. Simple questions pertaining to the type of work I would be doing on a daily basis. The whole team really makes you feel welcome and I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me the job 3 hours after I had my second interview. I have high hopes for this company! Casual attire seems to be fine with them. For both interviews I wore a sun dress, a pair of Tom's and a cover up to make it a little more professional. I also have many visible tattoos and piercings and bright teal hair and they didn't mind at all. Can't wait to get my chef coat! :D

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and i received a call to come in after I had applied online. The interview lasted a little under an hour and was quite painless. There were no trick questions asked, so nothing you really need to be nervous about. I'd say it was one of the easiest interviews I have attended. I believe i received a call within a few days and with a pay rate and offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews one after another. First with the Leader in charge of your department, second with the store manager. They sit you in front of the store instead of a private area and the other people applying to the job are only 2 tables away. Everything is out in the open.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict and how did your solve it?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very east interview process, just a one time interview with the front end supervisor and shift leader. The atmosphere was relaxed and was conducted right in the dining area near the front of the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied Online. Was called in for am interview a week later. Interviewed with 2 managers for 45 minutes about experiences and reactions to certain situations. Was offered a position the following day.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2011.

Interview

brief interview with team leader and ATL. got back to me right away after I applied. the interview was overall very pleasant and I was very excited to get the job.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite thing to cook? sell me this ______. what is a challenge that you faced? biggest weakness?   Answer Question