Whole Foods Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called twice for 2nd rounds of the interview process, both times someone internally was hired. I was excited both times to interview and also to be apart of "change". I saw many things that needed change and felt it could have been a good fit.

Interview Question – How would you change the Marketing efforts within our store?   View Answer

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer Interview

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Omar. We had just been bought and became Wholefoods and the latter was Wild Oats. He was very business like but he had the same values.

Interview Question – It was the values that threw me because I did not know that Wholefoods had my same values and I was nervous of our latter company did not share these values. I was surprised when he smiled with my ideas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Continue doing my job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call about a week after I applied from one of the customer service supervisors who screened me over the phone. She asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at Whole Foods and previous experience. She then asked me to come in for a group interview. Unfortunately, she gave me the wrong time and I was unable to be interviewed that day. I called her back and we re-scheduled for me to come into the store the following week. I was interviewed by an Assistant Team Leader and Supervisor who asked similar questions to the screening questions. They liked me and asked me to come in for another interview the following week with the Team Leader and someone from Store Leadership. At that interview they asked me questions about what I knew about Whole Foods Market, tough customer service experiences what I was looking for out of working at Whole Foods. They told me I was hired that same day. A week later, after passing a background check, I came in to fill out my official hiring papers and was then scheduled for orientation.

Interview Question – It's not really difficult but make sure you're aware of the kinds of products they sell at Whole Foods. They don't want Team Members to accidentally give the wrong information to customers because in the past it has caused huge commotion for the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't really much place for negotiation. Perhaps if you have a lot of relevant job experience they'll be more willing to but I was pretty much told "we pay this much and we are offering you this many hours a week."

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into the location that I wanted to work at. Asked to speak with the store manager and, handed my resume in. Few days later the front end team leader contacted me by phone to set up interview. Within that week I did a one on one interview and, accepted the position. Wage was determined in interview

Interview Question – What animal would you be? WFM (in this area anyway) is known to ask quirky questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate but, keep in mind what the market is at the time and what your position entails.

Prepared Foods Team Interview

Prepared Foods Team

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I went on a group interview a day ago and I have to say this is the dumbest experience I've ever had when it comes to job searching and interviews. We had to do two skits. One was customers and employees in the store and the other was a commercial. WHat happened to the days of one on one interviews.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Whole Foods Market locations accept applications through one or more of these methods:

in-store computer kiosks
    this web site
    a separate selected career or applicant web site
    in person at a job fair or hiring event

Individual postings viewed on this site will inform you how and where to apply.

Interview Question – Were do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Produce Production (Cut Fruit) Team Member Interview

Produce Production (Cut Fruit) Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – The hiring process for me was quick. I filled out an application for wholefoods and in a week they called me back. I didn't have to call and follow up. I was contacted by a Team Leader who gave me an initial phone interview. She asked me why whole foods? and questions along those lines. I then came in for a second interview in person a week later. I dressed casual which fitted the occasion. no jeans. a nice top and some slacks. the interview went well and i left. I had to come back for a third interview which was with the store leader and the assistant store leader. In all three interviews I was asked why did you choose whole foods and what do you know about the company.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you gave great customer service. (they are big on customer service!)   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Grocery Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online for 3 positions. Got called two days later from the Payroll specialist and she invited me to the group interview that was scheduled a couple of days later. Came in for a group interview. Then the next day received a call saying i got the job!!

Negotiation Details – none needed starting pay was way more than i thought

Floral Team Member Interview

Floral Team Member
Melrose, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Human Resource team member, I then interviewed with the Produce Team Leader and then with the Store Team Leader. I got an offer within a week.

Interview Question – not too difficult, but unexpected. Would you be adverse to wearing safety shoes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – cut and dry, I tried and negotiation was not an option. It was basically a take it or leave it.

Produce Team Member Interview

Produce Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

Interview Details – I am writing this several years after interviewing, thus my recollection is a tad bit spotty. I received a call after applying a month or two prior. Two interviews are conducted. First interview is typically with an assistant store team leader followed by an interview with the department team leader in which you've applied. I was offered a job on the spot on the second interview. After being hired, you undergo a three month probationary period. At the end of the three months, your team will hold a vote to determine whether or not you keep your job. If voted on, you can begin to receive your monthly labor surplus bonus. Bonuses are varied and depend upon performance of the department as a whole.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. You're asked to describe times where you were required to deal with a difficult customer and explain how you handled the situation. I was also asked produce-specific questions as well (e.g., how many types of lettuce can you name?)   Answer Question