Whole Foods Market

475 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called a few days later for an initial screening interview, then invited to a one-on-one interview at the store. Took five minutes but was not offered the position

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Culinary Demo Specialist Interview

Culinary Demo Specialist
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Had to prepare a dish to a holiday theme. Panel of 6 watched me prepare the dish and asked questions while I was cooking. Had to serve each of the interviewers the dish I prepared and be judged on creativity and taste.

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee if they are not supporting you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member
Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details – A very generic interview- What are your strengths, weaknesses, experiences in the kitchen. Why should we hire you. It was with the head of the Prepared FOods Department and before that was with the store manager.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. just a flat out offer of 10.50

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bakery Team Member Interview

Bakery Team Member
Wellesley, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Interview Details – My friend who worked in the Bakery department spoke with her Team Leader and got me an interview with him. Their questions seemed to focus mostly on costumer service, and situational questions. I sat with the Team Leader in the customer community area and he asked his questions and went over my information, and then he called over one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders, who asked a few questions of his own. Once the ASTL was done and gave his approval, I was hired! It took less than a week for my background check to go through, and then I was ready to start (I did the rest of my paperwork on my first day, such as taxes).

Interview Question – "What was your most difficult customer experience, and how did you handle that difficult customer so that they left with a smile?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview basic preference of availability, Group Interview-show enthusiasum, Individual interview ,orientation- simple, Training-easy The process may not be done at your store location. just be yourself no attitude and smile. Dress decent.

Interview Question – You receive the basic customer service interview questions, Which are pretty easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – I filled out their application online for the position and a few weeks later I received a call. I have been interviewed for this company twice and they are really into working as a "team". In both instances I was interviewed by 2 individuals (the person that called me and the store manager). I really like Whole Foods as a customer. However, the interview process is long in my opinion. They have to talk as a team and talk to see if they want to hire you. I totally understand it but it just seems outrageous and time consuming. I would prefer to have an interview and then they either email me or call me if they offer me the position. This is just my opinion call me negative and all but honestly this process is so ugh annoying. Overall if you know how to talk to people and are genuinely a great interviewer you will definitely be offered a position.

Interview Question – "What does organic mean to you?" "Can you define organic?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called twice for 2nd rounds of the interview process, both times someone internally was hired. I was excited both times to interview and also to be apart of "change". I saw many things that needed change and felt it could have been a good fit.

Interview Question – How would you change the Marketing efforts within our store?   View Answer

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer Interview

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Omar. We had just been bought and became Wholefoods and the latter was Wild Oats. He was very business like but he had the same values.

Interview Question – It was the values that threw me because I did not know that Wholefoods had my same values and I was nervous of our latter company did not share these values. I was surprised when he smiled with my ideas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Continue doing my job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call about a week after I applied from one of the customer service supervisors who screened me over the phone. She asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at Whole Foods and previous experience. She then asked me to come in for a group interview. Unfortunately, she gave me the wrong time and I was unable to be interviewed that day. I called her back and we re-scheduled for me to come into the store the following week. I was interviewed by an Assistant Team Leader and Supervisor who asked similar questions to the screening questions. They liked me and asked me to come in for another interview the following week with the Team Leader and someone from Store Leadership. At that interview they asked me questions about what I knew about Whole Foods Market, tough customer service experiences what I was looking for out of working at Whole Foods. They told me I was hired that same day. A week later, after passing a background check, I came in to fill out my official hiring papers and was then scheduled for orientation.

Interview Question – It's not really difficult but make sure you're aware of the kinds of products they sell at Whole Foods. They don't want Team Members to accidentally give the wrong information to customers because in the past it has caused huge commotion for the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't really much place for negotiation. Perhaps if you have a lot of relevant job experience they'll be more willing to but I was pretty much told "we pay this much and we are offering you this many hours a week."

Very Easy Interview

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into the location that I wanted to work at. Asked to speak with the store manager and, handed my resume in. Few days later the front end team leader contacted me by phone to set up interview. Within that week I did a one on one interview and, accepted the position. Wage was determined in interview

Interview Question – What animal would you be? WFM (in this area anyway) is known to ask quirky questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate but, keep in mind what the market is at the time and what your position entails.