Whole Foods Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Produce Team Member Interview

Produce Team Member
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – After applying online, I called the store and expressed my interest. I was told that they would review my application and give me a call at a later time to set up an interview. A few days later they called to set up an interview. I came in and the produce team leader sat me down in the cafe. It was very casual, which was a relief. The first question he asked me was a silly ice breaker question. He basically just asked me about my experience, why I wanted to work at Whole Foods, etc. He took me to the produce department and asked me to describe what my first priority would be if I had just come in for a shift. I described how I would start filling the produce tables that were empty first. It was a typical interview. I ended the interview, felt good about it, and received a call a couple days later asking to come in for a second interview. This time, I was interviewed by the Store Team Leader. It was really nerve-wracking, but he was SUPER laid back. He did more talking than I did and explained things that were really cool about Whole Foods Market. After my interview with him, the produce team leader came back with the hiring paperwork. I got the job!

Interview Question – I was asked what my favorite things about Whole Foods Market were.   View Answer

Grocery Team Member Interview

Grocery Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Received a phone call where I answered a few questions then i was given an interview date. talked to my soon to be team leader most of the time except for about a fifteen minute talk with store assistant. I felt good answering all the questions and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• What was the most risky thing you have done at another job?   Answer Question
  • Think of a time you had to do something you didn't know how to do, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called a few days later for an initial screening interview, then invited to a one-on-one interview at the store. Took five minutes but was not offered the position

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culinary Demo Specialist Interview

Culinary Demo Specialist
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Had to prepare a dish to a holiday theme. Panel of 6 watched me prepare the dish and asked questions while I was cooking. Had to serve each of the interviewers the dish I prepared and be judged on creativity and taste.

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee if they are not supporting you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member
Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details – A very generic interview- What are your strengths, weaknesses, experiences in the kitchen. Why should we hire you. It was with the head of the Prepared FOods Department and before that was with the store manager.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. just a flat out offer of 10.50

Bakery Team Member Interview

Bakery Team Member
Wellesley, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Interview Details – My friend who worked in the Bakery department spoke with her Team Leader and got me an interview with him. Their questions seemed to focus mostly on costumer service, and situational questions. I sat with the Team Leader in the customer community area and he asked his questions and went over my information, and then he called over one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders, who asked a few questions of his own. Once the ASTL was done and gave his approval, I was hired! It took less than a week for my background check to go through, and then I was ready to start (I did the rest of my paperwork on my first day, such as taxes).

Interview Question – "What was your most difficult customer experience, and how did you handle that difficult customer so that they left with a smile?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – I filled out their application online for the position and a few weeks later I received a call. I have been interviewed for this company twice and they are really into working as a "team". In both instances I was interviewed by 2 individuals (the person that called me and the store manager). I really like Whole Foods as a customer. However, the interview process is long in my opinion. They have to talk as a team and talk to see if they want to hire you. I totally understand it but it just seems outrageous and time consuming. I would prefer to have an interview and then they either email me or call me if they offer me the position. This is just my opinion call me negative and all but honestly this process is so ugh annoying. Overall if you know how to talk to people and are genuinely a great interviewer you will definitely be offered a position.

Interview Question – "What does organic mean to you?" "Can you define organic?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview basic preference of availability, Group Interview-show enthusiasum, Individual interview ,orientation- simple, Training-easy The process may not be done at your store location. just be yourself no attitude and smile. Dress decent.

Interview Question – You receive the basic customer service interview questions, Which are pretty easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate no negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called twice for 2nd rounds of the interview process, both times someone internally was hired. I was excited both times to interview and also to be apart of "change". I saw many things that needed change and felt it could have been a good fit.

Interview Question – How would you change the Marketing efforts within our store?   View Answer

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer Interview

Vitamin/Bodycare Buyer
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Omar. We had just been bought and became Wholefoods and the latter was Wild Oats. He was very business like but he had the same values.

Interview Question – It was the values that threw me because I did not know that Wholefoods had my same values and I was nervous of our latter company did not share these values. I was surprised when he smiled with my ideas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Continue doing my job.