Whole Foods Market

475 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Prepared Foods Team Interview

Prepared Foods Team

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I went on a group interview a day ago and I have to say this is the dumbest experience I've ever had when it comes to job searching and interviews. We had to do two skits. One was customers and employees in the store and the other was a commercial. WHat happened to the days of one on one interviews.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Whole Foods Market locations accept applications through one or more of these methods:

in-store computer kiosks
    this web site
    a separate selected career or applicant web site
    in person at a job fair or hiring event

Individual postings viewed on this site will inform you how and where to apply.

Interview Question – Were do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Produce Production (Cut Fruit) Team Member Interview

Produce Production (Cut Fruit) Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – The hiring process for me was quick. I filled out an application for wholefoods and in a week they called me back. I didn't have to call and follow up. I was contacted by a Team Leader who gave me an initial phone interview. She asked me why whole foods? and questions along those lines. I then came in for a second interview in person a week later. I dressed casual which fitted the occasion. no jeans. a nice top and some slacks. the interview went well and i left. I had to come back for a third interview which was with the store leader and the assistant store leader. In all three interviews I was asked why did you choose whole foods and what do you know about the company.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you gave great customer service. (they are big on customer service!)   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Grocery Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online for 3 positions. Got called two days later from the Payroll specialist and she invited me to the group interview that was scheduled a couple of days later. Came in for a group interview. Then the next day received a call saying i got the job!!

Negotiation Details – none needed starting pay was way more than i thought

Floral Team Member Interview

Floral Team Member
Melrose, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Human Resource team member, I then interviewed with the Produce Team Leader and then with the Store Team Leader. I got an offer within a week.

Interview Question – not too difficult, but unexpected. Would you be adverse to wearing safety shoes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – cut and dry, I tried and negotiation was not an option. It was basically a take it or leave it.

Produce Team Member Interview

Produce Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

Interview Details – I am writing this several years after interviewing, thus my recollection is a tad bit spotty. I received a call after applying a month or two prior. Two interviews are conducted. First interview is typically with an assistant store team leader followed by an interview with the department team leader in which you've applied. I was offered a job on the spot on the second interview. After being hired, you undergo a three month probationary period. At the end of the three months, your team will hold a vote to determine whether or not you keep your job. If voted on, you can begin to receive your monthly labor surplus bonus. Bonuses are varied and depend upon performance of the department as a whole.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. You're asked to describe times where you were required to deal with a difficult customer and explain how you handled the situation. I was also asked produce-specific questions as well (e.g., how many types of lettuce can you name?)   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call 2 (maybe 3) weeks later. They invited me for a group interview with 6 other people. It was a laid back group interview and lasted for about an hour. We were separated into two groups and each group had to make a poster incorporating one of the core values. We only had 10 (or 15 ) minutes to finish our poster. Unfortunately, my group wasn't able to finish the poster on time. Yet, at the end all of us were told that we had made it to the next interview.
We were told the store manager was in so I had my one-on-one interview the same day as my group interview. I had to wait for an hour and half because the manager was busy. I met with the manager and the interview lasted for about 10 minutes. I was asked to introduce myself, my past experience, my availability, etc. and was told I was hired.

Interview Question – What's your favorite food?   Answer Question

Ridgewood, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone interview a week later. I then was invited for a group interview which took about 2 hours. The group interview was very chill and they just wanted to know how you work with others. I was then called the next day to come back for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by a team leader and afterwards she asked me to wait so that the manager of the entire store could interviewed me. He asked me the same exact questions and offer me the job

Interview Question – In the group interview they ask you to come up with a slogan and make a 30 second commercial. They also asked that you take at least one of their values and put it in the commercial. They also asked us to act out great customer service and to define it.

On the one to one interview, they asked basic questions like give an example when i received great customer service, time I had a difficult customer. Have I ever had a problem with an employer or manager? What is your favorite food, describe how you cook it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation. Pay is $11 an hour

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member
Charlestown, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interview Details – I called one location several times and they had very poor communication with me and we immaturely were forced to play phone tag for approx. a month before another location near by finally reached out to me for an interview. I went for the interview (which went well) and then was asked to go through a two week background check process (which I thought was too long but to each his own). Then I had my on site interview with my soon to be manager (detailed below). He was pleasant, then after some questions, the overall manager of the entire store came out and talked to me, then the first manager came back, he offered me the position and I accepted it. Overall a kind of tedious process but I wasn't displeased too much.

Interview Question – "How easy was it to steal from your last job?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was fine, I didn't really see any reason to negotiate on anything.

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Submitted application, after about 10 days I had an interview with department manager, which was very basic. A couple days later I had a second interview with Store Leader and was offered and accepted job.

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question