Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

2.6

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kailua, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Kailua, HI

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was hoping to have my resume looked at & considered for a position at various positions. I submitted my application numerous times online, but never heard a response back. Don't bother submitting anything through their career center -- I don't believe they even look at it. They have quite an elaborate career section on their website, but after multiple submissions wit no response, I eventually gave up.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get that far. It was puzzling to me that the online process was rather lengthy, but no one ever even contacted me either way. After the fact, I heard about an in-store job fair & that seems the way to proceed.   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

one interview was done in a group setting and then a one on one. It was a relaxed setting and team members were very nice and enthusiastic. I liked the working environment and the atmosphere

Metro Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Each position has the same interview process, all panel interviews you will need a cover letter and resume. If you are from outside of the company applying for a team leader or higher position make sure you tour the stores talk to leadership and get an understanding of the core values.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any, If you know how to interview with a panel then all questions can be answered if you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

One phone interview to start and then two in person interviews a week a part. Second interviewer seemed less engaged, just interviewing as a formality. After the second interview it took a few weeks to finally hear back. I was offered the job, and came back in for another meeting about this.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Asked about any relevant work experience, and how I would handle various situation that could arise.   Answer Question
    There wasn't room to negotiate on salary.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

I had applied for several positions online and didn't receive a response back from the company at all until about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. They finally gave me a call to set up an interview, and I interviewed with the Guest Services Team Leader. The interview was very simple and only lasted about 20-25 minutes. We interviewed in the area in front of the registers where all the tables are laid out for the customers to dine at. The questions asked were very basic, like why you want to work for the company and explaining difficult situations and how you've handled them. The TL I interviewed with did a lot of the talking, mostly telling me about the job and orientation dates and asked about my availability for the upcoming holidays. At the end of the interview he told me to come back the next day to interview with someone else on the team. The second interview was pretty simple just like the first one, basically asking the same questions in a different manner. At the end of the interview, the Guest Services Team Leader came back and spoke with me and offered me the position. Pay wise, he started me off at $11 an hour which is a buck more than what I was told I might start off at, so that was pretty cool. Overall a very simple, laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you've worked on a team, and the team as a whole was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, the pay was more than I thought it was going to be.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

I went through two interviews. The first one was much more difficult than the first one. The second one, I was asked what I liked about Whole Foods and why I wanted to work there. It was important to know about the company, their values and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • What size turkey do you need to feed 20 people.   View Answer
    No negtiation

Marketing Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Was emailed to set up an initial interview. I emailed back, and they never confirmed the date / time. I went anyway, and the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there. Two others interviewed me. They showed me where I would be working. Basically a giant mess of a back office that looked like a storage room. You would think with the prices they charge, they could have proper offices.

Interview Questions
    • They told me that the work environment wasn't great, and that employees fight and throw each other under the bus all the time. How did I feel about that.   View Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty straight forward interview for retail. The questions were pertaining to how well you work with customers and money handling abilities. The interview was pretty laid back, but professional. They are definitely looking for people with great customer service skills.

Whole Body Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I submitted my resume online. I was called within a few weeks and answered a few questions over the phone. The recruiter made it clear that I was well qualified and asked me to come in for a group interview. I was asked to look at their website, pick one of their missions/values and be prepared to talk about it in front of the group. When I arrived for the interview, there was about 12 to 15 of us, all interviewing for different positions. The Whole Foods workers talked a lot! We went around in a circle and presented our value and then did a group exercise. Split the interviewers in half, we were suppose to use marshmallows and dried spaghetti to see how high we cold make this structure. It was a total joke. Then we were excused and they said we would be in contact. The whole process was 2 to 3 hours. A week to 10 days letter I received a rejection email. I thought the whole process was ridiculous. I was never asked specific questions about my work history or really anything about me. It was almost like they were judging us by our appearances, I mean what else could it be? Over all, very disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to look at their values and pick which one spoke to me.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and was contacted three days later. We set up the interview for a few days later. I showed up and they had me sit in the cafe. I talked with one of the team members first and then to the interviewer and another team member. They asked if I could come back the next day for another interviewer with the store manager. I came back the next day and didn't even have to interview. I was offered the job. The questions were all super basic and they didn't even ask me anything about Whole Foods other than why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Best paying part time job I could find.