Whole Foods Market

2.6

Prepared Foods Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I had not interviewed for a job in 15 years. I have owned my own company and did the interviewing. First I spoke with the new Store Manager. It was relaxed and refreshing. Then, I had a phone panel interview with 8 people. It was very intimidating to not be able to see these folks, but I felt like the questions were reasonable and of course as soon as I hung up the phone I had brilliant answers to all the questions. Wish I could get a do over!

Interview Questions
    • What hot food would I add to the hot food bar. Caught me off guard. I could give a million options now.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

It was pretty easy cause it wasnt group interview THANK GOD! ; I was hired on the spot at 57th street , Pay rate a 11 a hour over time 16.50 a hour.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills , why do you wanna leave best buy.   View Answer
    No they just offer you 11 take it most stores only pay 8 , but trader joes pay 13.

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

First was the phone call for some basic question. Then arranged two days later for in-store interview. Staff was nice. She showed me the work place and ask some simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself five years from now?
      Why do you want to work for us?

Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

Contacted by recruiter to fill a short-notice position. Was given the impression that I was filling in for another employee who was on some form of long term leave, although it was revealed later to not be the case. No phone or other communication prior to the on-site interview. On-site interview began with team leader escorting me to the incorrect meeting room, before redirecting back to the room where the interview would take place. Consisting of the team leader and another member of the team, the interview itself was a series of basic, straight-forward questions about technical skills and background, essentially asking me to read my resume back to them. Even though I was interviewing for a technical position, I was not tested on any technical knowledge. Was offered employment later that same day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was allowed. The initial rate was on the low end of my acceptable range, so I was willing to take it.

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

I submitted my resume online through the corporate website. I received an email shortly after saying that my resume and application had been received, and the next step would be that a WFM employee would review both and then get a hold of me.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question to answer was "When was a time that you had difficulty working with someone in your last job?" because I was only part of a 2-person office, and didn't want to speak about my difficulties with my boss.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online. I received a phone call the next day requesting an interview and was asked a few screening questions. Three days later I went in for the interview with the team leader and another team member. It was very casual and relaxed and there was a bit of cracking wise, so it's important to remind yourself that it's still an interview. The questions were fairly standard for a customer service job. The interview seems largely to be about feeling you out to see if your personality is a good fit for the team. The best approach is to just be yourself and be honest. After about 30 minutes they thanked me and said they'd call me the next day to let me know if I had the job.

No negotiation.

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The interview was fairly easy. I got to sit down with one of the Team Leaders and he asked me basic questions such as "Why do I want to work at Whole Foods?" and what I considered my strengths and weaknesses. It lasted about 5 minutes, and then he told me I was going to be interviewed by the Store Assistant Manager. He came back a few minutes later and said there wasn't any need for that and that I seemed like a good fit, and that I'd be receiving the new hire information through email.

Store Graphic Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

(please excuse any typos or grammatical inaccuracies; I wrote this quickly)

Before I begin, I need to stress that if you are applying for a job at Whole Foods Market, you should really love the company and understand their mission.

Pre-interview

When applying for the position as store graphic artist, I made sure to give my resume a unique and personal design, while remaining professional. (Be memorable, not garish.)

Interview

Phone Interview: A month after I applied for the job, the head of marketing emailed me and asked to see my current portfolio. Two weeks later, I received an email asking me to participate in a phone interview. Without thinking twice, I immediately responded that I would be free during the time they suggested. Prior to the call I studied the store’s history. I would also suggest you visit the store if you don’t already shop there. I received the call from the store’s head of marketing and we spoke very briefly (maybe 20 minutes). They asked a few question about my resume and experience. They also asked me a few questions about the store specifically and about the company generally.

Informal Interview: The interview was about a week after the call, which gave me plenty of time to worry. For the informal interview I studied once more and this time in more detail. I researched every article I could find on Google, the Whole Foods Market website, and Buzzfeed. I also took a mental note that Whole Foods is a very casual environment. So, for the interview I wore a pair of dark washed skinny jeans, ballerina flats, and a black blouse. I think it’s also important to note that I have unnaturally colored hair (blue hair) and plugs. But, I made sure to pull my hair back into a very neat pony tail and wore conservative plugs. During the interview the head of marketing gave me a quick tour and showed me some of the signs the previous graphic artist had been working on. (Remember to come up with plenty of questions!) At the end of the interview, they warned me that I would be required to complete an assignment prior to the last interview (and there would be an assignment I would have to complete during the interview).
    Panel Interview: Shortly after, I received an email to set an appointment for my panel interview. They also told me that I would be encouraged to reach out to some of the panel members. (They provided their names, job titles, and emails) I reached out to the panel members with a brief but enthusiastic email asking what they enjoyed most about working at WFM and what, in their opinion, set Whole Foods apart from other grocery stores. As for the assignment, I was given exactly 48 hours to complete a one page print ad. (I made sure to print a copy of my resume and ad for ever one of the panel members) The night before my interview I visited the store again and this time I memorized the store layout; learned the mission statement that was posted in the front of the store. To my interview, I wore a nice skirt, a conservative, plaid, black and while button up shirt, and a pair of black stockings and flats. I arrived at the store 15 minutes early and reviewed my resume as I waited. When it was time for my interview, the head of marketing lead me to a back room where there was a large table and 7 people sitting around it. They were all smiling and were very welcoming. It was somehow relaxed and serious at the same time. Before they began asking interview questions, they first asked me to show my assignment (They were pleased that I had been thoughtful enough to print out a copy of my resume and ad for everyone) and pick one piece from my portfolio that represented my design style. They then started asking me questions about my credentials. Basic interview questions mixed with a few questions about my 5 year plan, my hobbies, and my likes and dislikes. This part of the interview, I felt, went really well. The atmosphere was so welcoming; I was even able to crack a few subtle jokes. Then it was time for the 5 minuet assignment. I was given a piece of chalk paper and few liquid chalk pens. I had never seen anything, or used anything like them before. But, I didn’t allow myself to panic.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stressful situations?   View Answer
    • As you know we have our mission posted in the front of the store. Which of the statements do you feel is the most important and why?   View Answer

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I received an email saying they liked my resume and wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. He asked me multiple questions about my resume and job experience (Make sure you know about whole foods history). He was very friendly and made it very relaxing. I received an email saying that I was moving on to the next stage of the interview process. I was invited to the corporate office for an in person panel style interview. There were seven people interviewing me at once. They were all very friendly and laid back. They all fired questions one after another some pertained to the job others were about my hobbies and what I do for fun. I felt the interview went great but to my disappointment I received an email saying that they decided to go with a candidate who closer met the credentials. Over all great experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

I got a call to come in for an interview about a week after applying online. I interviewed with one associate team leader, it was very relaxed and as much a conversation as an interview. A week and a half or so later I got a call to come in for another interview with the team leader and the other associate team leader. This interview was a little harder but still not too hard and enjoyable enough. After they talked, they came in and said I was to interview with the store team leader briefly. I talked with the store team leader a bit and was basically given the job after that. The interview with the store team leader seemed like more of a formality. It did take a few days for the official offer to come over email.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked for a cheese similar to ______ (some cheese I'd never heard of)?   View Answer
    They said pay started at $11/hr, I said that sounds just fine to me.