Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.6

Grocery Team Member Interview

Attended a hiring fair, was pleased with the Team Leaders, thought their questions were fair and intuitive. Both seemed well versed in the nature of the job, and had a grasp of the position in general and we comfortable talking about various aspects of the job beyond just that of the interview.

Front End Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I handed in a written application. I was called back within a week to meet one of the store team leads. The interview itself was very informal. We met in the store's cafe area and after an interview that lasted no more than 15-20 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. The main question that sealed the deal them on me was why I wanted to work for Whole Foods. They ate up that I did my research and new about the company. They are really looking for people who know about the store and their practices and who seem to be impressed by it.   Answer Question

Store Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Have a good portfolio in hand. Be completely flexible with your schedule & expect to work every weekend & holiday. be open to long hours (up to 14 hours a day sometimes).

Interview Questions
    Starting out, you will not make much at all. In 10 years I went from $15/hr. to almost $25.

Undetermined Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Just went through the introductory group interview. We were lead into a waiting room area until our scheduled time. Through the wall we could hear the previous interviewing group clapping and cheering. Shortly there after a Team Leader came into the waiting area. We were given name badges and instructed to keep our energy up. We were then lead into the interview room, a projector at one end of the room and several round tables (with a team leader at each) essentially breaking the interviewees into groups. Noticed the team leaders took notes on each interviewee at we did the tasks. One such task was to act out unhappy guest scenarios. For example what would you do if a guest wanted to return an item or if you had an angry guest on the phone, or being interrupted by a customer when you are busy helping another one. Also did a "zoom" puzzle. Marketing tool to get employees interacting together. Another task was to go to the table of products, pick one and discuss it with your table. While the team leaders listened and took notes of course.

Interview Questions
    • The process was very easy. Yet, everything was unexpected to me. It was the first time I had done a group interview of this nature.   View Answer
    Received an email for an individual interview at the job fair. Had to schedule a date and time for a half hour interview with each department I'd applied.

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Reaching out to stores, prescreening interview, final panel interview with 10 people including senior leadership. There were many other candidates involved and the entire process got held off for a couple months.

Interview Questions
    • If I wrote you a check for 1,000,000 today would you still work for Whole Foods?   View Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Was called by Team Leader 3 days after I applied online. She asked me some preliminary questions to see if I would even be considered and then she asked me to come in two days later and it was a very laxed interview with her and her assistant team leader. They asked me my background and why I chose to apply at WF and were pleased to hear that I came from a farming background and appreciated that I understood the basics of farming and agriculture. I brought along a collection of my cakes and pastries from my former cake decorating business. They were very impressed that i was self taught and could work very versatiley. The team leader said that she would hire me right on the spot if it wasn't company policy for me to meet with her boss for a second interview. That interview was two days later and I was basically asked the same questions just more in depth to wow the store manager. I was hired right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pretty straight forward with what they needed.

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Questions
    • can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Applied online. First step is interview with Bakery Team Leader. Second step is group meeting of
    Team Member applicants in a room with Team Leaders from all departments.
    Given all the WFM hype - customer service, how great it is to work there.
    Told we would be contacted by Email within 24 hours either way. One month later, I'm still waiting
    for their decision! Where's the customer service?

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

it was a group interview and it was a room of around 30 people. we were put into groups of 5 and then told to act out certain scenarios in front of everyone else. very impersonal i think they just wanted to see if you can be loud and outgoing. then after around 2 hours of group activities and getting to know everyone, the managers for each department go and kinda talk one on one with you but they didnt get to everyone it was very casual and if you didnt make yourself stand out then you probably wont get it.

Interview Questions
    • there werent difficult questions. i guess "what is your favourite food" was one of the first things they asked.   Answer Question

Management Training Program Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Applied online and the interview took place 2 weeks later. The initial interview was with 5 other candidates interviewed by an HR Manager and a Team Leader. I wasn't chosen to move on to the next step of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If your life was made into a movie, which actor should play you?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic of a good manager?   View Answers (2)