Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Marketing Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

After submitting my resume there was an email exchange, followed-up by a phone interview. After successfully advancing past those steps there was a group interview that was done in a "speed dating" format. I had never heard of that before but was game. It was weird to see the other job candidates in the same room but then again Whole Foods isn't like other companies.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

I was called twice for 2nd rounds of the interview process, both times someone internally was hired. I was excited both times to interview and also to be apart of "change". I saw many things that needed change and felt it could have been a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the Marketing efforts within our store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was excited to "pass" an initial phone interview and be brought in for a panel interview process as I am a true people person with a track record of passion and poise to collaborate with my work teams.

I think any time a company has a panel interview process where the candidates are all in the same room together during the interview process it has the potential to feel a little awkward. In my career I've never been corralled with fellow job applicants in the same room but nonetheless I was game as I knew I could do the job. I found the interviewers to be cordial and outgoing although no challenging questions were asked of my abilities to do the job and no review of my online portfolio was completed by the panel.

Unfortunately I didn't survive the first cut of candidates. Based on my experience of the questions asked to gauge cultural fit ("What do you like to do for fun?") and my visual review of the other job applicants I left feeling age or gender-based discrimination was likely at play.

I doubt I'll ever apply again at Whole Foods based off my experience but encourage others to do so in the hopes they might meet whatever "cultural fit" the company thinks is best to deliver its mission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2009.

After initial phone contact, I came in to meet with store leadership for a 30 minute screening. I was then invited back for a panel interview, which included future direct reports, peers, leadership and regional office leadership--about 8 or 9 people in all. Some were prepared with questions obviously pulled from an interview guide, but some asked intelligent, relevant and challenging questions. Be sure you know the company's 7 core values when you interview, and refer to them.

Interview Questions
    somewhat, however there are published salary caps for every position in the store.