Whole Foods Market Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

4.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Submit online application, you will then be contacted for a phone prescreen, you will be assigned a homework assignment to present to the panel interviewing you, reach out to team members for research, and then panel interview where you present your homework and are asked questions by the panel.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

There is a panel interview. Mine had 8 people on it, all of whom I knew, but it was still really intimidating. There was a homework assignment that needed to be done as well as reaching out to everyone that was on the panel. The interview is about 45 minutes long and you usually hear if you got the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How can you help the customer service team more with fundraising?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online, received a phone interview 72 hours later. The next day was a second abet very brief phone interview, followed by an hour long presentation/panel interview. Within an hour I received a call with a conditional offer, with a formal offer made upon completion of a background check. Pretty straight forward with minimal surprises.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, but the presentation portion was very in-depth. You are given 6 days to put together a full fledged marketing plan and strategy for the following quarter. Requires interviewing 6-8 store leaders as well as potential colleagues. Be prepared for the work and know that chances are 5-6 other people are working just as hard. Leadership is looking to be wowed! Focus on telling stories and differentiating you from the competition. The store really benefits by getting a variety of ideas and strategy, while only hiring one individual.   Answer Question
    I was upfront with my salary requirements upfront. no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2011.

I had a 30 minute phone interview with the Store Team Leader and a separate phone interview with the regional marketing associate. I was selected among 3 other candidates to participate in a panel interview.

I had to prepare and present a holiday marketing campaign for the store and then be interviewed by a panel of 8 people.

The panel had to unanymously agree on hiring one of the 4 candidates. If they could not come to an agreement, they would re-bid the position and screen all new candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were working with an employee that you didn't have any common ground with and you asked for that person to perform a specific task to support an event. When the event happened, the employee didn't complete the expected task. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2011.

The interview was very inclusive of everything that you might want to listen to. I feel that they could have asked more questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult client situation int he past   Answer Question