Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Marketing Supervisor Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Initial 2 on 1 screening interview and then an 8 on 1 panel interview

Interview Questions
  • In your past job experiences, tell us about a project you completed for which you are most proud of the results.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Marketing Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2013.

I was already in the same position in a different store, and so I felt that my chances at getting the transfer were pretty good. However, I had been on enough interview panels to know that nothing is ever a given.

[Some people have noted that they were surprised to get emails listing the names of other candidates. This is part of the company culture - there are no secrets about who is applying for what, and who did or didn't get a position. Even the internal announcements of the new hire always thank the other candidates by name.]

To prepare for the interview, I visited the store 4 or 5 times in an attempt to speak to and meet all of the team leaders, store leadership, and the people on the marketing team. This is a crucial part of process and something that outside candidates are not always alerted to - and a huge factor in how the company favors hiring/promoting from within. (In the end, I wasn't able to connect with everyone, but I at least talked to everyone who was on the panel.) I also prepared a presentation outlining my strengths and what I had accomplished in my current position.

The panel consisted of about 10 people, including one person who called in. Everyone else was scrunched into an office, which made it awkward to speak to the group. Making do with limited resources is the norm, though. The interview lasted for 45 minutes, which flew by. As usual, I was asked to make an opening statement at the beginning, and a closing statement at the end. It really helped to anticipate that and have statements rehearsed - those are really your only chances to hold the floor and say whatever you want to say. For the rest of the time, it was the one-way questioning. WFM interviews tend not to be "conversation-y" but rather a series of questions fired at you.

I found out I got the job within a few hours of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest area of opportunity in this position?   Answer Question
    Negotiating pay is decidedly NOT part of WFM's culture. They make an offer and you take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2013.

Initial communications were quick and courteous. It took only 2 weeks from resume submission to phone interview. Originally, I was to come in for a meet-and-greet, but because I lived out of state at the time, the meet-and-greet was done via Skype. The two interviewers were polite and friendly. The entire call lasted about 20 minutes and within 2 days I received a hiring decision via email.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to expand Whole Foods Market outreach to the community? What marketing strategies would you implement if we hired you for this position?   View Answer

Marketing Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Had one in-person interview that lasted 20-25 minutes, got called the next day to schedule a phone panel interview. The phone interview was with the STL, ASTLs, and one of the metro coordinators. Did my research on here and so was well prepared to speak to core values. Definitely worthwhile to spend lots of time on the website learning about quality standards, programs, and values - not just familiarizing myself with them but also being able to articulate them back to the panel. The call was about 45 minutes (would have been shorter but I had questions to ask, too!) Got a call the next day saying that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2012.

This was the first interview, what was described as a preliminary interview. We sat outside in the outdoor furniture and I was seated with the store manager and the regional marketing manager. The interview took 30 minutes and I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days by phone. The store manager called personally two days later to explain that they really liked me but they chose to interview others the next round because I lacked industry experience. I give him a lot of credit for calling me personally and giving me that feeback. It helps me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself.   View Answer
    • Tell us how you would market such and such event. It happened to be specific to the store but be ready for a question like this.   View Answer
    • Have you supervised staff? Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question
    • This position does something different every day and is very physical (not verbatim). Are you okay with that?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Adobe InDesign?   View Answer