Whole Foods Market Marketing Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a five-tier process that lasted a month. First, I applied online. After two weeks I received an email asking me to answer four questions. After that, I had an in person interview with the Store Team Leader. Next, the candidate pool was whittled down to 3 people who were asked to give a final presentation before a panel of 8.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name two local 501(c)(3) charities that our local Whole Foods could promote during its 5% Days and explain how they align with WF mission and core values. 2. Create a one page marketing plan on how you would you promote Whole Foods Holiday Table.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Henderson, NV).

Interview

Was emailed and told to come in for a meet and greet with 11 store leaders and regional marketing manager. Arrived and only met with two people. The interviewer (regional marketing manager) was chewing gum the whole time and seemed distracted. It was clear upon arrival that I wouldn't be offered a job just because of the set-up. I really did my research on this company and was invested the entire time but all they could focus on was me being new to the area. I clearly stated this on my application so calling me in for an interview was just a formality because HR requires them to have x amount of interviews each round. This interview makes me think less of whole foods and I am disappointed how they're mission statement did let align with their motives.

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted three week later and asked to come in for a panel interview. The panel consisted of 10 Team Leaders at the store. I was given each of their emails and encouraged to introduce myself. I reached out to each panel member and expressed my interest in working for Whole Foods. I walked the store with one of the panel members and was able to ask many questions that prepared me for my interview. I did my due diligence in researching the corporate culture and values. The interview was intense. There were no breaks for silence, each panel member was prepared with a question. Be prepared to discuss everything that Whole Foods encompasses from delicious food to local giving initiatives. The Marketing Team Leader has a hand in many aspects of the store, your strengths should reflect flexibility, positivity, and the ability to motivate others.

Interview Questions

• I was told to prepare a project of an event I would plan as Marketing Team Leader. I was at first perplexed and didn't know what kind of event the panel would be impressed by. I went with my first thought and it went over very well! Use this project as an opportunity to let you personality shine!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told at the end of my interview that I would hear from them within 24 hours. They called within that 24 hours and told me they needed more time, which I appreciate. I got a call 72 hours later and accepted the job. I was happy with my starting salary and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed to set up an initial interview. I emailed back, and they never confirmed the date / time. I went anyway, and the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there. Two others interviewed me. They showed me where I would be working. Basically a giant mess of a back office that looked like a storage room. You would think with the prices they charge, they could have proper offices.

Interview Questions

• They told me that the work environment wasn't great, and that employees fight and throw each other under the bus all the time. How did I feel about that.   1 Answer

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview

I was hired as an internal candidate, which they prefer over hiring external. The job process begins on sucessfactors as an online application. Once selected you'll be phone screened, then given a project pertinent to the current goals of WFM at the time (competitor opening, boosting basket size, increasing customer count, etc) and given a budget and a time frame. The interview is a panel interview, usually consisting of the Marketing team you'll eventually be running, the regional marketing coordinator, store team leader and store department leadership. They'll take turns asking you questions, and asking you about your project, vision, goals etc. Be prepared to understand the company, the different departments, company values and programs, such as the Whole Planet Foundation, Whole Kids Foundation, etc. Typical frame of interview: Opening statement / introductions Project Panel questions Closing statement

Interview Questions

• If you were the star of your own comic book, what is your superhero name and what would be your superpower?   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Interview

Must do "due diligence" which means talking to all existing marketing team leaders in your city. Interview is a panel interview consisting of 4 to 8 team members and store team leaders.

Interview Questions

• They will want to know if you have done your research on the community programs   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I applied online and was contact for a phone interview with the Regional Marketing Coordinator. After that interview I spoke with the Assistant Store Team Leader and was then invited to a panel interview, which consisted of 3-4 Team Leaders from various departments in the store, a Marketing Team Leader from another store, a regional Marketing Coordinator, Store Team Leader, Assistant Store Team Leader and some of the team members from the marketing team (Demo Specialist, Healthy Eating Specialist, Store Artists). Since I was interviewing from outside the company, I was encouraged to meet with the Store Team Leader in person and some of the marketing team members from the store (as outlined above). I also met with other Marketing Team Leaders from other stores to learn more about the job and prepare for the panel interview. I created a deck that outlined my plan for the store. After the interview process, I was contacted within 36 hours to confirm I had the job. I started two weeks after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any technical questions since the interview was so long ago, but Whole Foods Market is very team member drive, missional (know their core values and identify with them) and how you can apply your marketing experience in a retail setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Torrance, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Start to finish the process took 29 days from phone interview to hire date. First, I was contacted for a brief phone interview. Then they called me into the particular store to meet the Store Team Leaders and I was encouraged to introduce myself to the Team Leaders in all the store departments (Bakery, Seafood, Meat, Produce, etc.). Personally, I took notes, got each person's name and it was helpful. I was also encouraged to current Marketing Team Leaders at other stores to pro-actively get more insight on the job. I shadowed one MTL for 2 hours and sat down with another for 30 minutes. The final interview was in front of a panel of about 10 people, including Store Team Leaders, department Team Leaders, and the Regional Marketing person. For the final interview we had to prepare an event calendar for the store, including fundraiser ideas and give a presentation to the panel. Every time had an interview appointment at the store, they were very late to call me in. At the final interview and presentation they were nearly 2 hours late calling me in which was nerve-wracking to say the least. This was to be a sign of things to come.

Interview Questions

• Prepare an events calendar for the store for next month. Include fundraising ideas and a team education plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They denied my negotiation and offered me the low-end salary despite my extensive marketing experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Devon, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by regional. Then in-store interview with Store Team Leaders (3 ppl). Regional then emails an assignment. Mine was to meet with department team leaders and write a 3-month action plan to drive sales and battle a local competitor. The final round is a 10+ person panel interview where they take turns asking you questions. These will be the same Qs asked of the other candidates. You hear from them the same day.

Interview Questions

• What does it take to be a leader? How did your conversations with team leaders influence your action plan? How would you promote an ice cream social? Tell me about a time that a project you did flopped? Tell me about a time you disagreed with how a leader did something and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First was a phone screen. Then, asked to develop and present an action plan to a group of Whole Foods employees. They give you a problem that you have to develop an action plan for. The question will essentially always boil down to how to get more people in the store to spend more money. They line-up interviews one after another and make a decision that day once the presentations are done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called that afternoon to make the offer as soon as the other presentations were given.