Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Must do "due diligence" which means talking to all existing marketing team leaders in your city. Interview is a panel interview consisting of 4 to 8 team members and store team leaders.

Interview Question – They will want to know if you have done your research on the community programs   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact for a phone interview with the Regional Marketing Coordinator. After that interview I spoke with the Assistant Store Team Leader and was then invited to a panel interview, which consisted of 3-4 Team Leaders from various departments in the store, a Marketing Team Leader from another store, a regional Marketing Coordinator, Store Team Leader, Assistant Store Team Leader and some of the team members from the marketing team (Demo Specialist, Healthy Eating Specialist, Store Artists). Since I was interviewing from outside the company, I was encouraged to meet with the Store Team Leader in person and some of the marketing team members from the store (as outlined above). I also met with other Marketing Team Leaders from other stores to learn more about the job and prepare for the panel interview. I created a deck that outlined my plan for the store. After the interview process, I was contacted within 36 hours to confirm I had the job. I started two weeks after I was hired.

Interview Question – I can't remember any technical questions since the interview was so long ago, but Whole Foods Market is very team member drive, missional (know their core values and identify with them) and how you can apply your marketing experience in a retail setting.   Answer Question

Devon, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening by regional. Then in-store interview with Store Team Leaders (3 ppl). Regional then emails an assignment. Mine was to meet with department team leaders and write a 3-month action plan to drive sales and battle a local competitor. The final round is a 10+ person panel interview where they take turns asking you questions. These will be the same Qs asked of the other candidates. You hear from them the same day.

Interview Question – What does it take to be a leader? How did your conversations with team leaders influence your action plan? How would you promote an ice cream social? Tell me about a time that a project you did flopped? Tell me about a time you disagreed with how a leader did something and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – First was a phone screen.
Then, asked to develop and present an action plan to a group of Whole Foods employees. They give you a problem that you have to develop an action plan for. The question will essentially always boil down to how to get more people in the store to spend more money. They line-up interviews one after another and make a decision that day once the presentations are done.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called that afternoon to make the offer as soon as the other presentations were given.

Roswell, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2008.

Interview Details – I already worked for the company, but was looking to move up, since we had been without a MTL for a good 3 months. I knew I probably wasn't the most qualified for the position, but I thought it would be a great experience in the interview process. I talked with the previous MTL about the position responsibilities, challenges, and highlights. It was different applying for a position where I already worked, since I felt more comfortable I didn't get too nervous, but on the other hand a lot of times I didn't do my due diligence.

Interview Question – How would you incorporate the new Medical Buildings, into generating new business here at the store?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Marketing Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.