Whole Foods Market

Updated Sep 26, 2014

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Meat Team Member Interview

Background check, regular hiring process of calls, interviews, etc. Applied online, got a call from the head of the department and given a brief phone interview. Then was told to come in for a sit down interview and was offered the job afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions. Greatest strength, weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Meat Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

After I had applied online I found myself at the meat counter at WFM shopping. I asked one of the team members if the position I applied to was still open. He responded that he did not know but that I could speak with the department manager. I waited a bit and spoke with him. It was a nice casual conversation. He gave me his email.

The next week I heard back from them and scheduled an interview. I spoke with the assistant manager for about 15 min and then waiting for about 10 min. Then I was called over to interview with the store manager. That was the most intense part of the interview. He was very friendly and asked questions mostly about how I would respond to customers and why I thought WFM was a good fit. I got offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I got was in response to one of the skill sets I listed on my resume. From the conversation and my resume he gathered that I claimed to be a really organized person. He asked me a "what would you do" style of question. He was very satisfied with a thorough response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Weymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2013.

I applied for a position in the kitchen, but by the time they responded to my application the only position still available was in the Meat department, I took the job expecting the meat room in Whole Foods to be exquisite just because the appearance of Whole Foods supermarkets is, but I guess a meat room is a meat room, you can't expect too much. I had three interviews, 1st with my TL, 2nd with the Store ATL, and 3rd with the Store TL. Not too high pressure of a job, a lot to take in at first if you've never worked in a supermarket.

Interview Questions
    • This question always gets me: "What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?"   View Answer
    There wasn't much room for salary negotiation, opening a WFM in S. Weymouth is a tough sell , because the general attitude towards WFM is that it's too expensive, or designed for a 'yuppy' crowd, so they said $10/hr was the max they could pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2009.

Sat down with the Department Manager and Assistant Mgr, answered typical interview questions - Tell me about a time you provided exceptional service, etc, then interviewed with the store assistant manager. Offered job on the spot. Just talk about how passionate you are about great customer service and you'll be fine.