Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South Weymouth, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a position in the kitchen, but by the time they responded to my application the only position still available was in the Meat department, I took the job expecting the meat room in Whole Foods to be exquisite just because the appearance of Whole Foods supermarkets is, but I guess a meat room is a meat room, you can't expect too much. I had three interviews, 1st with my TL, 2nd with the Store ATL, and 3rd with the Store TL. Not too high pressure of a job, a lot to take in at first if you've never worked in a supermarket.

Interview Question – This question always gets me: "What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for salary negotiation, opening a WFM in S. Weymouth is a tough sell , because the general attitude towards WFM is that it's too expensive, or designed for a 'yuppy' crowd, so they said $10/hr was the max they could pay.

Meat Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – After I had applied online I found myself at the meat counter at WFM shopping. I asked one of the team members if the position I applied to was still open. He responded that he did not know but that I could speak with the department manager. I waited a bit and spoke with him. It was a nice casual conversation. He gave me his email.

The next week I heard back from them and scheduled an interview. I spoke with the assistant manager for about 15 min and then waiting for about 10 min. Then I was called over to interview with the store manager. That was the most intense part of the interview. He was very friendly and asked questions mostly about how I would respond to customers and why I thought WFM was a good fit. I got offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I got was in response to one of the skill sets I listed on my resume. From the conversation and my resume he gathered that I claimed to be a really organized person. He asked me a "what would you do" style of question. He was very satisfied with a thorough response.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2009.

Interview Details – Sat down with the Department Manager and Assistant Mgr, answered typical interview questions - Tell me about a time you provided exceptional service, etc, then interviewed with the store assistant manager. Offered job on the spot. Just talk about how passionate you are about great customer service and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – most of the questions are regarding customer service   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Meat Team Member interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.