Whole Foods Market Overnight Team Member Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Overnight Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

It all started a few weeks ago. I've been in the job hunt for a month now, and I've been trying to secure a part-time job to go along with school. I applied online as soon as the position was posted on the WF web site. I immediately followed up at the WF location and talked to customer service. I introduced myself, I asked to speak to the department manager and began to elaborate on my experience and asked him to review my resume. I was really official about it. I went online, found a fantastic resume format, bought some nice thick paper to make it look nicer and make myself stand out. What landed me an interview was none of that.

The team leaders, assistant team leaders all have emails. I recommend that if you're applying for a position, you find out who's in charge of that department and get their email from their personally or from customer service. I did that, I emailed them my cover letter w/ resume attached to it. I then followed up several more times asking to speak to them, so I can show I'm eager to work for Whole Foods. An important thing to emphasize in talking to the management or through email, is your understanding of WF's core values and mission statement. This is very important to them. I tried my best to be enthusiastic about it, but I recommend not going overboard, they might see through it.

About two days after I followed up, I received a phone call from their HR. They conducted a short phone screening, very easy. They went over small details, asking few questions about my understanding of WF. I was prepared for anything they threw at me, I recommend doing research, reading their web pages and begin to plan on how you're going to impress them with your "knowledge". After the phone screening, they contacted me and set up another screening with assistant team leaders. It was very easy, they went over easy questions, and I didn't feel pressured or caught off guard by difficult questions. They told me they would contact me after a few days if I passed, and they did. They sent me up with another screening with the "Store Team Leader". Same process, same type of questions, I was sure to thank him for the opportunity, and that I hope to hear from him soon and for him to have a nice day yada yada yada...

Well I got another call and you guessed it, another screening. Same exact questions. They had this paper filled up to the max and they still felt it was necessary to ask me the same questions. After that last interview I heard nothing back. Despite my professionalism, constant communication with them, the interview thank you letters, the hand delivered thank you letters and thank you emails, they couldn't give me the courtesy to set up an "official interview" for a lousy overnight stocking position. Later that day, I got an email from FedEx and within 24 hours I got a position with them. So it goes to show, despite my constant efforts, it paid off.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an event in which you disagreed with your manager.   View Answer

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!