Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Cook Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a team member of the hiring department, I then attended a panel interview of team leaders of the hiring department who after meeting with me advised I would be called back to meet with store leadership if I received their recommendation. Upon completion of the panel interview process I was contacted and met two days later with the store leader and two of the assistant store leaders individually

Interview Questions

• Associate Store Team Leader Mark Frost's question out of the, "Are you desperate to get this job?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Memphis, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

My initial communication to my interview date occurred within a 2 week process. The Prepared Foods chef called and left a voice mail on my cell phone with both his work and cell phone number. He was very flexible in setting the interview time. I only had one interview and was hired on the spot. I was interviewed by 5 people. It was mixture of the Store team leader, the Prepared Foods Chef, the Catering Liason, another supervisor over prepared foods, and an hourly cook. The interview lasted almost an hour and a half. I was given a brief tour of the facility. All the way down from the Store Leader to the hourly staff, each person I have met are sincerely some of the best people you will ever meet. There are truly good people that work for Whole Foods Market that truly care about each other and providing excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• "If we were going to celebrate a special event what would you cook?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an hourly wage between $13-14 an hour. To anyone looking to work here know your worth! Do research of other restaurant cook positions. Especially if you have the education and prior work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Internet application, internet personality analysis, phone interview. Was not interviewed in person. Only by phone. 5-6 days of company videos, safety videos, equipment videos, safety paperwork, state legal paper work, etc etc. 2 days where 100% sitting in a chair and listening to legal and official regulatory junk. It was BORING...!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No phase

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cleveland, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume online when I applied for the prepared foods cook. About two days later I heard from someone telling me they are "very interested" in talking to me. I schedule the interview for a Tuesday. When I get there I am met by two women. One woman says Hi I'm the one that called you then says tell the other woman something about yourself. As I'm telling the other woman my background the first woman that spoke to me is either texting or picking with her nails because she isn't interested in anything I had to say. It was EXTREMELY rude! As I am telling them about my qualifications, the woman that isn't paying any attention to me says "So you didn't deal with any customers?" If she would have listened to me she would have heard me say I dealt with customers 100% of the time. They are giving me the vibe that my qualifications don't meet what they are looking for and the woman continues with her head down either texting or playing with her nails. I shake their hands say goodbye and will never again try and work there.

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Job Fair. Three-level interview process. Use common sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2009.

Interview

I applied at a new store opening event in the parking lot of the store that was opening. I filled out the application and in about 30 minutes, I was interviewed by one of the "big wigs" that comes to the events. In approximately another 20 minutes, I was interviewed by the actual "Team Leader" of the department I was applying for and 10 minutes after that, I was interviewed by the "Assistant Store Team Leader" and was informed I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Whole Foods.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no noegotiating. If you are going in with a lot of experience, I would recommend negotiating as I know of a couple of employees who did and recieved a higher hourly wage.