Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two ladies in chef uniforms that interviewed me in the cafeteria. They were both very kind and didn't try to intimidate me. The position applied for was part time and they said it would be around 25 per week. I said it was perfect. After the questions they said they'd be right back and then after they came back they offered me the position and was hired on the spot. Smile a lot, make eye contact, and be yourself. I wore professional attire (button up shirt and dress pants, low high heels). I met a few people on the way upstairs to start paperwork and they were all really nice and welcoming! I'm so excited to start.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$11/hr

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tustin, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their careers tab, and then got a call 1 week later for an in-person interview. The phone call wasn't so much a pre-screening, more just a follow up and invitation to an interview 3 days later. I asked if it was going to be a 1-1 or panel interview, and was told it would be him, myself and one other TL. The first interview was pretty laid-back and casual, both guys were really nice. It was pretty short and simple, and at the end they told me I would hear back from them later that day regardless if I would be granted a 2nd interview or not. Luckily, I was invited back the following day! The 2nd interview was with 2 new people, and was a bit more difficult. Not hard, but they were definitely grilling me to see if I could handle the stress of the job. I've wanted to work at WFM for awhile now, and truly believe it's the right job for me. With that in mind, I stayed true to myself in the interview and I believe that played a huge role in why I got the job! Be calm, authentic and aware!!

Interview Questions

• If I called your most recent employer, what would they say your strongest strength and weakest weakness is?   Answer Question
    • Describe a meal to me. From start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Park Ridge, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was general. Interviewed by two leaders of the department. General questions of availability, in school or not. If your work history is short they will ask about that. Overall good experience, hired on the spot. Smile and have confidence.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple questions. Discussed salary and hours more than asked questions. Make sure you know a decent amount of information about the store. Also brush up on what kinds of food the store sells ( what quinoa is, what tabbouleh is).

Interview Questions

• If I came to your house for dinner, describe what you would make me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Painless, easy, quick. Had a "mini" interview with two team leaders, then a one-on-one interview. I was extremely over prepared thanks to glassdoor, but it helped in making me confident. Everything was casual, everyone was friendly. Afterwords, I got an email about a background check, and after filling it out it took about a week to get a call that it went through fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods? Why do you want to work here? Do you like to cook? What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Rochester Hills, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 seperate interviews with two people from my team. Both interviews were pretty straight forward and relaxed. Simple questions pertaining to the type of work I would be doing on a daily basis. The whole team really makes you feel welcome and I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me the job 3 hours after I had my second interview. I have high hopes for this company! Casual attire seems to be fine with them. For both interviews I wore a sun dress, a pair of Tom's and a cover up to make it a little more professional. I also have many visible tattoos and piercings and bright teal hair and they didn't mind at all. Can't wait to get my chef coat! :D

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

A short battery of standard customer service and "team" questions. Firstly, they called me on the same day that I submitted an application, which was impressive. This was a short phone interview. The interviewer asked a few questions confirming my interest in the job and inquired about the definition of team work. I answered satisfactorily and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Some of the questions were the same, but again, standard customer service questions and availability questions.

Interview Questions

• What does team work mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe an experience you had as part of a team?   1 Answer
    • Provide an example of when a customer was upset with a product or service. How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fairfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online got called the next day went for an interview with the someone from prepared foods, two days later got called for a second interview where they pretty much asked the same questions, told me about the raise every six months, dress code, rules at the store, like they were going to hire me but didn't.

Interview Questions

• What was a time at your last job when you had a difficult problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glen Mills, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I did 2 one on one interviews. One was with the Team Leader and the another was with the manager. They were both pretty short interviews, they were both 15 minutes or less

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wayne, PA).

Interview

Friend knew Team Leader, took 2-months to get hired. Ridiculous process, waste of time. They are desperate for people. Turnover is incredible. You must put unlimited ability to get hired. They tell you they will work with you on your schedule, they do not, even if you have to take three busses and leave at 4am to be there by 6:30am.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to fight for anything resembling a living wage.