Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

2.0

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jericho, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

It took them ages to do the background check, but since the orientation you could feel the good-positive environment of co-workers.

A lot of information to take in, first days of orientation can be a headache if you are not ready for the policy and core values.

Interview Questions
  • if we don't have a product that a customer is looking for what could you do to offer them something similar?   Answer Question

Too much to take in and no support

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

first had group interview that ran about 2 hours long. then called back for a second and brief interview questions why do you want to work for wholefoods.

no negotiation

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

The hiring process was very matter-of-fact: I applied online via the Whole Foods website, and received a call from the Team Leader two days later asking me a few preliminary questions. He then invited me an in-person interview, which was held two days later. He and the Store Manager interviewed me together, and the questions were very much "standard interview" questions: "tell me about yourself", "where do you see yourself in five years", "what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses", etc. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, and I was told they'd get back to me within a couple of days. The Store Manager called me only a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you've had with a co-worker, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; they just offered the job to me, and told me what the wage would be. Since it was in line with what I was expecting, I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interviewed by team leader, and after a while one of store management joined with him. The question are not really complicated. Regular work interview questions (about yourself, experiences, how to handle difficult time at work place, strength and weaknesses, etc.). They were really concern about time flexibility to work. Very nice, to the point, and respectful.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Got t he phone call, planned the interview. Met with team lead, and assistant team lead. Did second interview, met with team lead and assistant team lead and astl. called the next day to give job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

I went overboard and wrote a cover letter and spiffied up my resume for this entry-level position. I visited the store after submitting the application and asked to speak with a manager of the department to tell them I'd applied (put my face to the name) and to show my interest. Pretty sure that guaranteed me an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to clean drains?   View Answer
    • What do you expect from management? What is your "happy place?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

A very generic interview- What are your strengths, weaknesses, experiences in the kitchen. Why should we hire you. It was with the head of the Prepared FOods Department and before that was with the store manager.

no negotiation. just a flat out offer of 10.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlestown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

I called one location several times and they had very poor communication with me and we immaturely were forced to play phone tag for approx. a month before another location near by finally reached out to me for an interview. I went for the interview (which went well) and then was asked to go through a two week background check process (which I thought was too long but to each his own). Then I had my on site interview with my soon to be manager (detailed below). He was pleasant, then after some questions, the overall manager of the entire store came out and talked to me, then the first manager came back, he offered me the position and I accepted it. Overall a kind of tedious process but I wasn't displeased too much.

Interview Questions
    • "How easy was it to steal from your last job?"   View Answer
    It was fine, I didn't really see any reason to negotiate on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I went to a whole foods job fair and interviewed with 2 of the team leaders. It was very casual and I felt at ease. After about two weeks of waiting for them to get my background check sorted, I received a call and went to an orientation where they talked about welcoming everyone on board.
    After reading some of the reviews on here, I was certain I'd get asked weird questions but maybe since I was hired out of a job fair they forewent that.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I knew anything about organics, GMOs, and what the company stood for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

I had to go back several times to get an interview. I was very persistent. They usually hire from within the company. They asked the usual questions. Why do you want to work at Whole Foods. What do you know about Whole Foods? Have you ever worked in a grocery store?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!