Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Was interviewed for a management position, which I did not qualify for. Was referred by interviewer to another department head, who promptly called me and offered me a job on the spot over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a case of food poisoning complaint from a customer, and the customer is being very angry and irrational towards you.   View Answer
I was interviewing for a different position than the one I received. The job offer I received was immediate and not very negotiable. Base pay all around is 10 dollars an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2011.

I did a short phone screen interview a few days after I posted an application online and went to interview at the store the fllowing week. After reading the comments on this site I may have over-prepared for interview questions but at least I was more comfortable in having those answers ready to go. Their seven core values were never brought up but I would recommend at least looking at them to know more about the company and what they are about. I ended up interviewing with about three to four separate people at a job fair to determine which department and store to work at. I was offered a part-time position but I was informed it could quickly turn into a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a product you like here at Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • What is something special that you cook at home?
      How would you describe that food to a customer?
        Answer Question
    There weren't any opportunities for negotiation. Everyone hired at the Team Member level was offered $10 per hour to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  River Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Getting a job there was somewhat easy to me. I also knew someone in the company so I some what had an upper hand . But my initial interview was with the team leader and his boss whom was REALLY nice. They just asked the basic questions about myself, personality, work ethics , availability , etc. I got a call back the following week and they set up another interview with the shift leader and I was hired that day ! It took a week for my paperwork to clear and I was called in to fill out paperwork the next day . I have orientation on Tuesday and I officially start working on the 18th .

Interview Questions
    There was none all I was told is that u start off at $10 an hour so iit can only get better from there!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2008.

Was very laid back interview to get hired initially. They wanted to know a lot about my personality in addition to what kind of skills i possessed. When interviewing for a promotion from within, the interviews are panel style and you are voted in. Questions are fired at you from 3 or more people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are better then the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2010.

Whole Foods Has one of the best ways to Hire, Review, and Promote. They will always set time aside to talk to you 1 on 1. They dont just tell you what you have or have not done. They will explain reasons then wait for you to respond before they move on. I have worked for 2 other Stores and none of them have a process like Whole Foods.

PROS:
    Respectful
    Listen
    Recommend
    Even Care about you and your life (Only if you approve)
    Multiple Reviews (Not just one a year) During First stages of work 5+ Interviews

Cons:
    Must be voted on by your team after 4 weeks work (Great system but can be stressful)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself when you work (or have worked)   View Answer
    • What do you look for in this company?   View Answer
    Listen to exact details. Don't say yes to anything unless you have one day to think about it. They are very good at promotional advancement in their company so when they have an interview...Take you time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Applied online for the Brentwood (Galleria), Missouri location, I was called in for interview 1 month later. The interview went great. I was asked several culinary skills questions and answered them all correct. I wasn't nervous at all, which made it easy to smile and make eye contact the entire time.The interviewer noted that I answered these questions better than most any other candidate and was really impressed. He even complimented me on my knowledge and experience.He asked me to hang around for the 2nd interview, but the ATL was too busy and I was to receive a call later in the week.

The call didn't come so I called them. This seemed to upset the manager that I called to follow up, but said the reason they didnt call me was because their computer system was down. They denied me the job. It was a very wierd situation.

Interview Questions
    • Name the knife cuts and their dimensions, how to make a chicken stock, basic things.   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online for new store and was called for group interview. Group interview was four candidates to two hiring employees at 5 tables. (20 candidates at a time) First thing they had us do is stand up and introduce ourselves and say why you wanted to work for WF.

Interview Questions
    • We were given scenarios of a customer needing help with a product that we knew nothing about and had to work together to come up with solution to help customer.   View Answer
    • Which core value would you remove from list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

I went overboard and wrote a cover letter and spiffied up my resume for this entry-level position. I visited the store after submitting the application and asked to speak with a manager of the department to tell them I'd applied (put my face to the name) and to show my interest. Pretty sure that guaranteed me an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to clean drains?   View Answer
    • What do you expect from management? What is your "happy place?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Be prepared for panel interviews even for entry level positions. Usually response time is quick.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst thing you have ever done professionally at any job?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The hiring took FOREVER. First you have to get past the computer selection process -- which when I put "Native American" instead of "White", I got a call right away. (I am part NA). Before that, I'd tried to get a job there for months and months and months.......(and I'm college educated and have worked since I was 15 -- I just wanted to go into a new field and believe me, it was HARD to break in to!)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult once I got an interview. I do remember being asked what I would say to a customer that was upset because they'd driven all the way to out store only to find that we didn't have in stock what they were looking for -- they also ask you to talk about what you like to cook or like to eat....it is a grocery store, afterall.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations. They offer you a position and then you get an email with the salary. It is what it is.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!