Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.0

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very matter-of-fact: I applied online via the Whole Foods website, and received a call from the Team Leader two days later asking me a few preliminary questions. He then invited me an in-person interview, which was held two days later. He and the Store Manager interviewed me together, and the questions were very much "standard interview" questions: "tell me about yourself", "where do you see yourself in five years", "what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses", etc. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, and I was told they'd get back to me within a couple of days. The Store Manager called me only a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you've had with a co-worker, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; they just offered the job to me, and told me what the wage would be. Since it was in line with what I was expecting, I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went to a whole foods job fair and interviewed with 2 of the team leaders. It was very casual and I felt at ease. After about two weeks of waiting for them to get my background check sorted, I received a call and went to an orientation where they talked about welcoming everyone on board.
    After reading some of the reviews on here, I was certain I'd get asked weird questions but maybe since I was hired out of a job fair they forewent that.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I knew anything about organics, GMOs, and what the company stood for.   2 Answers

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview

first had group interview that ran about 2 hours long. then called back for a second and brief interview questions why do you want to work for wholefoods.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview was very brief, not realistic of job conditions or scheduling.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, interview was about 5 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No was paid low & stayed that way for a year.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Getting this job was fairly easy. Many people went out of their way to contact the team leaders before the interview, which from what I've heard helped, but I did not do that. I had previous experience working in food, so they just called me up and went through a very relaxed interview and hired me immediately.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too difficult, all very typical interview questions: greatest strength and weakness, one problem you solved and how, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short. They asked what I wanted to get paid, and they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jericho, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It took them ages to do the background check, but since the orientation you could feel the good-positive environment of co-workers.

A lot of information to take in, first days of orientation can be a headache if you are not ready for the policy and core values.

Interview Questions

• if we don't have a product that a customer is looking for what could you do to offer them something similar?   Answer Question

Too much to take in and no support

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Had several different interviews. Met first with Team Leaders with the Department. Then the Store Assistant Team Leader. Then the Store Team Leader. After those 3 interviews, I was finally offered the job. However, you must then consent to the background check. When that comes back ok, then you are finally called in for your orientation process. The whole process took several weeks. (about 3 weeks from first interview to orientation).

Interview Questions

• They asked if I knew what the company stood for. Kind of threw me off guard for a second. I knew that they sold natural and organic foods and promoted healthy lifestyles, but I didn't know the "why" behind it. He (the interviewer) then told me the company motto. My advice is to just do as much research beforehand as you can! I did some research, and I think that is why I was successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you do your research on the company and what they stand for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Laguna Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I went overboard and wrote a cover letter and spiffied up my resume for this entry-level position. I visited the store after submitting the application and asked to speak with a manager of the department to tell them I'd applied (put my face to the name) and to show my interest. Pretty sure that guaranteed me an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean drains?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from management? What is your "happy place?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere but professional. Very nice and real person doing the interview.
    He was team leader for prepared foods.

Interview Questions

• Which of our core values is most important to you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Be prepared for panel interviews even for entry level positions. Usually response time is quick.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst thing you have ever done professionally at any job?   Answer Question