Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brentwood, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for the Brentwood (Galleria), Missouri location, I was called in for interview 1 month later. The interview went great. I was asked several culinary skills questions and answered them all correct. I wasn't nervous at all, which made it easy to smile and make eye contact the entire time.The interviewer noted that I answered these questions better than most any other candidate and was really impressed. He even complimented me on my knowledge and experience.He asked me to hang around for the 2nd interview, but the ATL was too busy and I was to receive a call later in the week.

The call didn't come so I called them. This seemed to upset the manager that I called to follow up, but said the reason they didnt call me was because their computer system was down. They denied me the job. It was a very wierd situation.

Interview Question – Name the knife cuts and their dimensions, how to make a chicken stock, basic things.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Be prepared for panel interviews even for entry level positions. Usually response time is quick.

Interview Question – What was the worst thing you have ever done professionally at any job?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had and over the phone pre-interview. After that got a call back to come in for an interview. Met with the Assistant Team Leader and after a few questions about experience and availability, met with Assistant Store Team Leader. Lasted about one hour. Was told that Team Leader would get back to me within the week as they had a few more interviews to conduct.

Interview Question – What would you do if you encountered a difficult customer that could not be pleased no matter what you did?   View Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – The hiring took FOREVER. First you have to get past the computer selection process -- which when I put "Native American" instead of "White", I got a call right away. (I am part NA). Before that, I'd tried to get a job there for months and months and months.......(and I'm college educated and have worked since I was 15 -- I just wanted to go into a new field and believe me, it was HARD to break in to!)

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult once I got an interview. I do remember being asked what I would say to a customer that was upset because they'd driven all the way to out store only to find that we didn't have in stock what they were looking for -- they also ask you to talk about what you like to cook or like to eat....it is a grocery store, afterall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations. They offer you a position and then you get an email with the salary. It is what it is.

Prepared Foods Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application on their website which was relatively easy, after a month or so of applying to various stores I got a call for an interview. The interview was with the team leader of the department, lasted about 15 minutes and involved basic questions and making a good first impression. It is not common for interviews to be this easy at Whole Foods, sometimes there are various interviews with leadership before a job offer is made. For higher up positions promotion from within is highly favored and a group interview process is required.

Interview Question – I was asked about the temperature "safe zones" for food, and about a time when I disappointed a customer and what I did to make the situation better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone generally starts at $10 for starting positions. It is Whole Foods company policy in general not to drug test unless driving is required for the job, however this is a drug free work place and an extensive 7year background check will be completed.

Lake Grove, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple, you get called in to get interviewed by 2 people. They ask basic question "what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, what do you do for fun?" "why did you leave your previous job?"

Interview Question – "What do you like about Whole Foods?" "Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2013.

Interview Details – after walk-in to speak with manager for a applicatoin follow-up , got a job fair interview after a month or so. I got the job after that single job fair interview with 2 team leaders of the department. very typical but, positive and friendly experience.

Interview Question – they asked about job situations including if a co worker ever lost their temper.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation , salary was included in the acceptance letter.

Very Easy Interview

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later with an interview offer. The first interview went very well and lasted about 10 minutes with the hiring manager scheduling a 2nd interview with me on the spot. I came in for the 2nd interview and met with the department manager and store manager. Again, a very easy interview. A few more questions than the first meeting. I was told that I had all of the experience they were looking for (last job was at a natural foods coop out of state for a few years) and that I would hear back from them later in the day. I could tell that they liked me. Well, they didn't call that day so I called the next morning and was told that they had to check my references and then they would call me later in the day. I received a phone call with a job offer a few hours later.

Interview Question – None. All very standard situational customer service questions, and questions directly related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base pay for the department is $10.20/hour starting with annual raises based on performance.

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for a management position, which I did not qualify for. Was referred by interviewer to another department head, who promptly called me and offered me a job on the spot over the phone.

Interview Question – How would you handle a case of food poisoning complaint from a customer, and the customer is being very angry and irrational towards you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was interviewing for a different position than the one I received. The job offer I received was immediate and not very negotiable. Base pay all around is 10 dollars an hour.

Prepared Foods Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online for new store and was called for group interview. Group interview was four candidates to two hiring employees at 5 tables. (20 candidates at a time) First thing they had us do is stand up and introduce ourselves and say why you wanted to work for WF.

Interview Questions

• We were given scenarios of a customer needing help with a product that we knew nothing about and had to work together to come up with solution to help customer.   View Answer
  • Which core value would you remove from list?   Answer Question