Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Laguna Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I went overboard and wrote a cover letter and spiffied up my resume for this entry-level position. I visited the store after submitting the application and asked to speak with a manager of the department to tell them I'd applied (put my face to the name) and to show my interest. Pretty sure that guaranteed me an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean drains?   1 Answer
  • What do you expect from management? What is your "happy place?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere but professional. Very nice and real person doing the interview.
    He was team leader for prepared foods.

Interview Questions

• Which of our core values is most important to you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Be prepared for panel interviews even for entry level positions. Usually response time is quick.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst thing you have ever done professionally at any job?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring took FOREVER. First you have to get past the computer selection process -- which when I put "Native American" instead of "White", I got a call right away. (I am part NA). Before that, I'd tried to get a job there for months and months and months.......(and I'm college educated and have worked since I was 15 -- I just wanted to go into a new field and believe me, it was HARD to break in to!)

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult once I got an interview. I do remember being asked what I would say to a customer that was upset because they'd driven all the way to out store only to find that we didn't have in stock what they were looking for -- they also ask you to talk about what you like to cook or like to eat....it is a grocery store, afterall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. They offer you a position and then you get an email with the salary. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charlestown, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I called one location several times and they had very poor communication with me and we immaturely were forced to play phone tag for approx. a month before another location near by finally reached out to me for an interview. I went for the interview (which went well) and then was asked to go through a two week background check process (which I thought was too long but to each his own). Then I had my on site interview with my soon to be manager (detailed below). He was pleasant, then after some questions, the overall manager of the entire store came out and talked to me, then the first manager came back, he offered me the position and I accepted it. Overall a kind of tedious process but I wasn't displeased too much.

Interview Questions

• "How easy was it to steal from your last job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fine, I didn't really see any reason to negotiate on anything.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online for the Brentwood (Galleria), Missouri location, I was called in for interview 1 month later. The interview went great. I was asked several culinary skills questions and answered them all correct. I wasn't nervous at all, which made it easy to smile and make eye contact the entire time.The interviewer noted that I answered these questions better than most any other candidate and was really impressed. He even complimented me on my knowledge and experience.He asked me to hang around for the 2nd interview, but the ATL was too busy and I was to receive a call later in the week.

The call didn't come so I called them. This seemed to upset the manager that I called to follow up, but said the reason they didnt call me was because their computer system was down. They denied me the job. It was a very wierd situation.

Interview Questions

• Name the knife cuts and their dimensions, how to make a chicken stock, basic things.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

after walk-in to speak with manager for a applicatoin follow-up , got a job fair interview after a month or so. I got the job after that single job fair interview with 2 team leaders of the department. very typical but, positive and friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• they asked about job situations including if a co worker ever lost their temper.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation , salary was included in the acceptance letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later with an interview offer. The first interview went very well and lasted about 10 minutes with the hiring manager scheduling a 2nd interview with me on the spot. I came in for the 2nd interview and met with the department manager and store manager. Again, a very easy interview. A few more questions than the first meeting. I was told that I had all of the experience they were looking for (last job was at a natural foods coop out of state for a few years) and that I would hear back from them later in the day. I could tell that they liked me. Well, they didn't call that day so I called the next morning and was told that they had to check my references and then they would call me later in the day. I received a phone call with a job offer a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• None. All very standard situational customer service questions, and questions directly related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base pay for the department is $10.20/hour starting with annual raises based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Savannah, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by team leader, and after a while one of store management joined with him. The question are not really complicated. Regular work interview questions (about yourself, experiences, how to handle difficult time at work place, strength and weaknesses, etc.). They were really concern about time flexibility to work. Very nice, to the point, and respectful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boise, ID).

Interview

Was interviewed for a management position, which I did not qualify for. Was referred by interviewer to another department head, who promptly called me and offered me a job on the spot over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a case of food poisoning complaint from a customer, and the customer is being very angry and irrational towards you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was interviewing for a different position than the one I received. The job offer I received was immediate and not very negotiable. Base pay all around is 10 dollars an hour.