Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2013.

after walk-in to speak with manager for a applicatoin follow-up , got a job fair interview after a month or so. I got the job after that single job fair interview with 2 team leaders of the department. very typical but, positive and friendly experience.

Interview Questions
  • they asked about job situations including if a co worker ever lost their temper.   View Answer
no negotiation , salary was included in the acceptance letter.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later with an interview offer. The first interview went very well and lasted about 10 minutes with the hiring manager scheduling a 2nd interview with me on the spot. I came in for the 2nd interview and met with the department manager and store manager. Again, a very easy interview. A few more questions than the first meeting. I was told that I had all of the experience they were looking for (last job was at a natural foods coop out of state for a few years) and that I would hear back from them later in the day. I could tell that they liked me. Well, they didn't call that day so I called the next morning and was told that they had to check my references and then they would call me later in the day. I received a phone call with a job offer a few hours later.

Interview Questions
    • None. All very standard situational customer service questions, and questions directly related to the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base pay for the department is $10.20/hour starting with annual raises based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interviewed by team leader, and after a while one of store management joined with him. The question are not really complicated. Regular work interview questions (about yourself, experiences, how to handle difficult time at work place, strength and weaknesses, etc.). They were really concern about time flexibility to work. Very nice, to the point, and respectful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Was interviewed for a management position, which I did not qualify for. Was referred by interviewer to another department head, who promptly called me and offered me a job on the spot over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a case of food poisoning complaint from a customer, and the customer is being very angry and irrational towards you.   View Answer
    I was interviewing for a different position than the one I received. The job offer I received was immediate and not very negotiable. Base pay all around is 10 dollars an hour.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online for new store and was called for group interview. Group interview was four candidates to two hiring employees at 5 tables. (20 candidates at a time) First thing they had us do is stand up and introduce ourselves and say why you wanted to work for WF.

Interview Questions
    • We were given scenarios of a customer needing help with a product that we knew nothing about and had to work together to come up with solution to help customer.   View Answer
    • Which core value would you remove from list?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2013.

I filled out the application on their website which was relatively easy, after a month or so of applying to various stores I got a call for an interview. The interview was with the team leader of the department, lasted about 15 minutes and involved basic questions and making a good first impression. It is not common for interviews to be this easy at Whole Foods, sometimes there are various interviews with leadership before a job offer is made. For higher up positions promotion from within is highly favored and a group interview process is required.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the temperature "safe zones" for food, and about a time when I disappointed a customer and what I did to make the situation better.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everyone generally starts at $10 for starting positions. It is Whole Foods company policy in general not to drug test unless driving is required for the job, however this is a drug free work place and an extensive 7year background check will be completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2013.

I went through a total of 5 interviews it seems like a lot but it wasn't that bad. Everyone was very nice and the process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you compare other super markets to Whole Foods Market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Getting a job there was somewhat easy to me. I also knew someone in the company so I some what had an upper hand . But my initial interview was with the team leader and his boss whom was REALLY nice. They just asked the basic questions about myself, personality, work ethics , availability , etc. I got a call back the following week and they set up another interview with the shift leader and I was hired that day ! It took a week for my paperwork to clear and I was called in to fill out paperwork the next day . I have orientation on Tuesday and I officially start working on the 18th .

Interview Questions
    There was none all I was told is that u start off at $10 an hour so iit can only get better from there!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

A very generic interview- What are your strengths, weaknesses, experiences in the kitchen. Why should we hire you. It was with the head of the Prepared FOods Department and before that was with the store manager.

no negotiation. just a flat out offer of 10.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

I had to go back several times to get an interview. I was very persistent. They usually hire from within the company. They asked the usual questions. Why do you want to work at Whole Foods. What do you know about Whole Foods? Have you ever worked in a grocery store?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question