Whole Foods Market

Employer Engaged

Whole Foods Market Produce Team Member Interview Questions

2.6

Produce Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I went to a career fair where I was hired by the Produce Regional Coordinator, but then I also had to be interviewed again by my Team and Store Leaders.

Interview Questions
  • Not really that difficult (ex: "what is your greatest strength/weakness" and "how would you treat an unruly customer?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

After applying online, I called the store and expressed my interest. I was told that they would review my application and give me a call at a later time to set up an interview. A few days later they called to set up an interview. I came in and the produce team leader sat me down in the cafe. It was very casual, which was a relief. The first question he asked me was a silly ice breaker question. He basically just asked me about my experience, why I wanted to work at Whole Foods, etc. He took me to the produce department and asked me to describe what my first priority would be if I had just come in for a shift. I described how I would start filling the produce tables that were empty first. It was a typical interview. I ended the interview, felt good about it, and received a call a couple days later asking to come in for a second interview. This time, I was interviewed by the Store Team Leader. It was really nerve-wracking, but he was SUPER laid back. He did more talking than I did and explained things that were really cool about Whole Foods Market. After my interview with him, the produce team leader came back with the hiring paperwork. I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my favorite things about Whole Foods Market were.   View Answer

Produce Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interviewed for a position for produce, I was contacted via phone and scheduled an interview for the next day. Interview ended up being with 3 people - team leader, another team leader and the store manager. Typical interview questions - describe situations where you have dealt with a difficult customer or situation and how did you handle it, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I would handle a customer who wanted a specific item that I couldn't get - after I answered the question, was then questioned about my answer. but wasn't a big deal…I simply repeated the answer.   Answer Question
    Great.

Produce Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

basic simple questions, no suprises

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2013.

Easy - repetitive common sense questioning by different leaders in the store, but easy to answer.

Produce Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

I am writing this several years after interviewing, thus my recollection is a tad bit spotty. I received a call after applying a month or two prior. Two interviews are conducted. First interview is typically with an assistant store team leader followed by an interview with the department team leader in which you've applied. I was offered a job on the spot on the second interview. After being hired, you undergo a three month probationary period. At the end of the three months, your team will hold a vote to determine whether or not you keep your job. If voted on, you can begin to receive your monthly labor surplus bonus. Bonuses are varied and depend upon performance of the department as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. You're asked to describe times where you were required to deal with a difficult customer and explain how you handled the situation. I was also asked produce-specific questions as well (e.g., how many types of lettuce can you name?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2012.

Was called in for 1 interview. Very basic interview. Was called in for a second interview and it was more serious. Then the next day i was called for the job.

Interview Questions
    They asked me what i was looking for (shift wise) and i said days or nights. They only had nights available. They also told me what they were going to pay me and when i would start.

Produce Team Member Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Writing this review for anyone who has a pending interview with Whole Foods Market, what to expect, ect. Expect a phone interview from the lead of your department, basic screen, offer for group interview. I was interviewed by three people: Team Lead, Department Manager, Store Manager, if you get interviewed by three people then your chances of being employed by Whole Foods are definitely good because it shows serious interest on their part it's just your job to sell yourself (not out), just be yourself, sell yourself and I guarantee you get the job!

Interview Questions
    None. My advice to you is accept whatever salary they present you with, be thankful you got the job.