Whole Foods Market Specialty Team Leader Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialty Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2013.

I saw the posting on Indeed.com and sent in my resume. I received a call from one guy doing a phone pre-screening who liked me and me on to a face-to-face interview in the store where the position would be based out of. I also had to go to the actual Whole Foods website to fill out an application there as well. I was interviewed by two individuals simultaneously and it appeared they had interviews set up every half hour as they were finishing one as I arrived and there was another candidate there as I left. I was told that the next step would be a panel interview of 8-10 people and they would be calling back Friday (this is a Tuesday.) If they do call back, I won't continue with the process.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was asking how I would set up a display case on an end cap.   Answer Question
  • What would you consider your management style to be?   Answer Question
  • What are your three favorite wines and what would you pair them with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Specialty Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2013.

Interviewed with 5 people over the phone in the course of 2 weeks. Was invited for panel interview with 4 people around the table. Was asked to be ready to talk about leadership, customer service, finance, profit and loss, foods knowledge, team management, relations and need it to have an opening and closing statement.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question, while preparing for the interview today, what did you learn from Whole Foods that you didn't like it?   View Answer

Because, for a company who pretend of the welfare of the people, and criticize that the government takes over healthcare responsibility. The non so conscious capitalist that is WFM ask a flexibility of 7/7 from 7.30 to 11.30pm with potential night shift a not so sure 40 hour a week and offer at leader level, no benefits before a certain amount of time, offer 8 hours of vacation for 6 months worked and flip flops on going to offer from was suppose to be an annual salary to a hourly wages that doesn't allow you to leave with decency ...the conscious capitalism is more a modern slavery concept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2010.

Being persistent is key to getting interviewed. You have to really earn this job. The interview process was fantastic! Make sure you have knowledge of the department you are applying for. I had one panel interview with 2 team leaders. And then I was asked back for a second interview with a larger panel including the store managers and regional manager. Great people, very friendly. Nice and organized work space and offices. Everyone that I talked to that is employed with Whole Foods had such a positive attitude about their job. You could tell everyone really loved working there. My main advice is be prepared to "wow " your panel because they are looking for extraordinary people!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience with a difficult customer. Why was the customer difficult and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!