Whole Foods Market

Updated Jun 26, 2014

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Reaching out to stores, prescreening interview, final panel interview with 10 people including senior leadership. There were many other candidates involved and the entire process got held off for a couple months.

Interview Questions
  • If I wrote you a check for 1,000,000 today would you still work for Whole Foods?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Team Leader Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Panel interview consisting of 6 - 10 team members.

Interview Questions
    • What keeps you awake at night?

If you don't get this position, why do you think that is?

View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Panel interviews, expectation of working shift on the team for due diligence, expectation of talking to coordinators, store team leaders, team members

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult, but panel is often looking for certain candidate   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The interview process starts well in advance of the interview -- especially if you are an internal candidate. If you're keeping an eye out for a certain position or a certain location, there are many resources available on the WFM website. After first having a conversation with current leadership to verify their support for my next move, I filled out the internal application and then reached out to the hiring leadership. I planned on many phone conversations (since this was long-distance) and spoke with people in the position I was applying for as well as my own peers for feedback. I spoke with each individual that would be on the interview panel so that I would know what they were looking for as well as using it as an opportunity to talk about who I am and what I could offer. The interview itself was a panel of 6-8 people (regional and store leadership) with a lot of hypothetical questions as well as questions about situations I have been in.

Interview Questions
    I wanted this job and knew what my minimum wage expectation would be. They offered just above that. With WFM, you get excellent benefits and support so I knew what to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Very difficult people to interview for. Certainly an air of arrogance in the room. No smiles. No patience. Certainly not the type of people that founded Whole Foods. They expect you to do quite a bit of in-store research prior to the interview. 15 minutes to tell your background, 30 minutes of vague questions being thrown at you and 15 minutes for you to wrap up why you should be hired. Not common for someone from the outside to be haired as a department manager. Invited back to interview for another position but due to the continued lack of professionalism I ultimately opted not to pursue a position with Whole Foods.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to improve margin by 5% what would you do.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2010.

pannel interview. this is when 4-6 people interview you at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • if you where a kite how would you describe yourself?   View Answer
    It is a phone call and they tell you what they would like to pay you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2008.

Phone Call Screening. (MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABITY)
    In face Interview.
    job offer on the spot if they like you, if they say they will call because "there are other candidates" thats a NO.

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

It is a panel interview, that sometime requires upwards of 7-10 people. The people are team members throughout the store and are going to ask questions that relate to how that positions will affect them. They will usually allow 3 people to interview for a position, and after the interview, they vote on who they felt is most deserving of the job.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a wage that I felt was fair, and I accepted

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

There is a Due Diligence process which allows you to meet as Team Members as possible. You gather insight on what the job entails and what is to be expected of you. You also get to meet the team and others who are in your potential position and you can decide if it is even a good fit for you. You learn a lot about the Core Values of the company. The next round, should you be invited, is a panel of 8-10 Team Members. You are asked several questions and usually give a presentation.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2012.

Be prepared for a panel interview- there were 8 people in mine. The structure was a 5 minute introduction, 40 minutes of questions from the panel and then a five minute wrap up. I was not given the opportunity to ask questions about the position. The panel members were nice, but I did feel that they were trying to trip me up at times (to be expected). It is VERY hard to land a team leader position being an outside candidate. I did not get the job, the internal candidate got it. I was offered the associate position, but I declined.