Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Reaching out to stores, prescreening interview, final panel interview with 10 people including senior leadership. There were many other candidates involved and the entire process got held off for a couple months.

Interview Question – If I wrote you a check for 1,000,000 today would you still work for Whole Foods?   View Answer

Team Leader

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Panel interview consisting of 6 - 10 team members.

Interview Question – What keeps you awake at night?

If you don't get this position, why do you think that is?
  View Answer

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Panel interviews, expectation of working shift on the team for due diligence, expectation of talking to coordinators, store team leaders, team members

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult, but panel is often looking for certain candidate   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Westminster, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2010.

Interview Details – pannel interview. this is when 4-6 people interview you at the same time.

Interview Question – if you where a kite how would you describe yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a phone call and they tell you what they would like to pay you.

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – The interview process starts well in advance of the interview -- especially if you are an internal candidate. If you're keeping an eye out for a certain position or a certain location, there are many resources available on the WFM website. After first having a conversation with current leadership to verify their support for my next move, I filled out the internal application and then reached out to the hiring leadership. I planned on many phone conversations (since this was long-distance) and spoke with people in the position I was applying for as well as my own peers for feedback. I spoke with each individual that would be on the interview panel so that I would know what they were looking for as well as using it as an opportunity to talk about who I am and what I could offer. The interview itself was a panel of 6-8 people (regional and store leadership) with a lot of hypothetical questions as well as questions about situations I have been in.

Interview Question – Ranking our core values.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted this job and knew what my minimum wage expectation would be. They offered just above that. With WFM, you get excellent benefits and support so I knew what to expect.

Edgewater, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Call Screening. (MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABITY)
In face Interview.
job offer on the spot if they like you, if they say they will call because "there are other candidates" thats a NO.

Interview Question – What is integrity?
Prefer to be like or respected?
  Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very difficult people to interview for. Certainly an air of arrogance in the room. No smiles. No patience. Certainly not the type of people that founded Whole Foods. They expect you to do quite a bit of in-store research prior to the interview. 15 minutes to tell your background, 30 minutes of vague questions being thrown at you and 15 minutes for you to wrap up why you should be hired. Not common for someone from the outside to be haired as a department manager. Invited back to interview for another position but due to the continued lack of professionalism I ultimately opted not to pursue a position with Whole Foods.

Interview Question – If you were asked to improve margin by 5% what would you do.   View Answer

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – It is a panel interview, that sometime requires upwards of 7-10 people. The people are team members throughout the store and are going to ask questions that relate to how that positions will affect them. They will usually allow 3 people to interview for a position, and after the interview, they vote on who they felt is most deserving of the job.

Interview Question – Speaking to the financials aspects of the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a wage that I felt was fair, and I accepted

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – There is a Due Diligence process which allows you to meet as Team Members as possible. You gather insight on what the job entails and what is to be expected of you. You also get to meet the team and others who are in your potential position and you can decide if it is even a good fit for you. You learn a lot about the Core Values of the company. The next round, should you be invited, is a panel of 8-10 Team Members. You are asked several questions and usually give a presentation.

Interview Question – What would you change about this store?   Answer Question

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a panel interview- there were 8 people in mine. The structure was a 5 minute introduction, 40 minutes of questions from the panel and then a five minute wrap up. I was not given the opportunity to ask questions about the position. The panel members were nice, but I did feel that they were trying to trip me up at times (to be expected). It is VERY hard to land a team leader position being an outside candidate. I did not get the job, the internal candidate got it. I was offered the associate position, but I declined.

Interview Question – Which of WF core values do you most identify with?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.