Whole Foods Market

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and also decided to show up at the store personally as well. The first day the Team Leader wasn't there so I had to come again. The second day it was a good thing I brought my resume because the Team Leader couldn't find my application in the system. It was a short and informal interview that turned into my signing work papers. The next thing you know, I'm going to orientation where I fell in love with the culture of Whole Foods Market.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because I had no retail experience.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Interview Details – called on a Sat... two person I -view...job offer same day

Negotiation Details – offer was fair

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Went through a company called Workforce1. It was a 3 part interview; each part was on different days over the course of maybe 3 weeks. Then a dreadful 4-day orientation.

Interview Question – "If you had to prepare a 3 course meal for very important people, what would you make?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Phone interview - basic answered a few questions. Was about 3-4 mo before I was called in for a face to face interview. Hadn't heard anything for a month so I follow up w/a phone call & was told i was hired but needed to get the position approved along w/having new budget approve to afford to bring me on. Months went by each w/me calling & following up & being told still waiting on approval finally 3 mo later I was brought on. I was originally hired to work PT but they kept scheduling me FT which was a bit of an issue since I had another FT job.

Interview Question – all the questions were pretty standard that you can find on the internet & properly prepare for.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2013.

Interview Details – Whole foods conducted a hiring fair for a new store in Austin. I got there about ten minutes before the earliest interviews took place, and there were already about 200 people lined up waiting to get in. We waited for two hours and were ushered into a waiting area where recruiters would come by and try to "pump us up" every few minutes with cheesy 80's music. One guy mentioned that they were giving away positions "first come first serve", but that there were about 200 positions left and we'd all get one if we were qualified. Eventually I got through a two-minute "screening" interview where they decided whether to forward me on to my department of interest. I waited another hour in a new waiting area. They told us they were out of our positions and tried shuffling us around to interviews for other departments of the store, after most of those interview slots had already been filled by people FAR behind us in line. Everyone I spoke to at this point refused to give me an estimate of how long the rest of the process would take. I left at this point- I saw people dressed in jeans and slippers who came in much later than I did leaving with job offers as I waited to be interviewed. A girl I met there waited for five hours total and they continued to bounce her around to different interviews, only to give away all available positions before she got in. The fair was "invite only", but I feel like they invited just about anyone they pleased and hired the first few hundred people in the door, qualified or not, so the recruiters wouldn't have to stay all day.

Interview Question – Just a couple basic interview questions- "tell me about a time that you gave a customer a great experience"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – They ask the basic questions. It's a pretty dry process. They weren't very friendly but just okay. They ask you to wait seven days and call you at the last moment on the seventh day. They pretty much keep you in suspense. It's all so silly.

Jamaica Plain, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2011.

Interview Details – interview with two persons

Interview Question – what makes you happy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation -- everyone starts at base rate $10/hr

Interview Details – Online, then contact from HR, then interview in person

Interview Question – Basic question. They want to see how good you are in customer service   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person, Team Leader conducts a group interview which can last 2+ hours. I wore a button up shirt and tie and they told me I was 'overdressed' another guy wore a suit...he didn't get the job. Roundtable style interview where each person answer the same question.

Interview Question – Which is your favorite whole foods value and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, $11 an hour, I had no experience.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I was called yesterday to come in for an interview this morning, went to the interview, very causal, interviewer asked if I had experience, I said yes and then we just talked like it was not an interview, she had me met/talk store manager, offered the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Team Member interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.