Whole Foods Market

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Columbus, OH

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Very open eneded questions about why I'm interested in position and what experience I have in this area.
Asked many questions of why this area instead of other areas in the store to work?

Interview Question – Explain something in the past that was very hard to overcome, that you did. And why this is important for this position and this job description and makes you better than the others we have interviewed.and why should we hire you. Be very specific.   View Answer

Whole Body Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and they called/emailed within one week to set up an interview. I was interviewed by one of the Associate Store Team Leaders and it went well. She gave me a lot of situation examples and asked how I would handle it. She asked what Whole Foods mission and core values are and what I liked about Whole Foods Market as a company.

Interview Question – What are some of the Whole Foods Market core values?   View Answer

Whole Body Team Member

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – 1st interview was with the team leader of whole body department. The second interview was with the store manager. Both were very casual in the cafe seating area, and prompt. Felt appreciated, and not a number associated to an application.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for whole foods, What is your goal in life, Do you know the philosophy that whole foods follow. What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – set rate of 10.00 hr, with the opportunity to grow with the company.

Whole Body Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair because they were opening a new store. I like the store, but I was originally very overwhelmed to see the amount of people who attended the job fair. I spoke to a person who looked at my resume, and we discussed a passion for "whole foods" and then I waited for several hours for a secondary team specific interview. I interviewed with the team lead for whole body and she asked product specific question and general retail questions. Then I was taken to the assistant store team leader who gave the final yes or no.

Interview Question – Specific product questions...   View Answer

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2012.

Interview Details – Invited to an interview at a Newport Beach job fair. Exciting atmosphere but the only WF employees with human hearts were the receptionists at the Welcome Table. Two women sat an interview table with me. Only one spoke while the other scribbled notes down, giving off severely bad vibes. Neither were receptive to me attending school or experiencing personal growth through previous jobs. The woman speaking to me said she had no problem with me attending school, but the business must always come first-no matter what. The woman talking to me was insincere and made me feel just as uncomfortable as her silent but deadly partner.

Both frowned on my inability to recite everything there is to know about vitamins and their products. Every product must be memorized as a prerequisite apparently.

Said they'll call by Thursday if they're interested. I'm not holding my breath.

Interview Questions

• What would you prescribe a customer that has joint issues?   View Answer
  • What would you prescribe for immunity problems or bone health?   Answer Question

Whole Body Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – Though Whole Foods' application is online, I decided to turn in a resume and cover letter in person in order to meet the team leader and make a face-to-face connection. I had to come back three times to catch her while she was in, but I think that made a big difference! She gave me a five-question interview on the spot, called to conduct a phone interview several days later, and finally scheduled an in-person interview for the next week. The final interview was actually her and two other department members with some level of seniority (Assistant Team Leader and I think Assistant Buyer). The interview took about 45 minutes, and we waited around for me to meet a shift leader afterwards, who then interviewed me for another five minutes.

The interviewers were friendly, young, and pretty bubbly. They really didn't make the interview feel awkward and explicitly gave me encouragement ("you're really marketing yourself well!" "that's the answer I was looking for," "you're a strong candidate," etc).

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
  • Do you know what DSHEA is?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle (or give) criticism from a fellow Team Member?   Answer Question
  • If a customer approached you and was angry that an item was not in-stock after they called ahead and drove two hours, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Are there ever times when you would bend the rules?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, but make sure you ask what kind of potential there is for the position in the future. For example, I was hired for an explicitly "very part-time" less-than-20 hrs a week position, but the Team Leader clarified that I might eventually be able to up my hours to 30 (without benefits). She told me they promote almost exclusively from within, so that should make a difference if I stay on longer.

Whole Body Team Member

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was a quick pre-interview at a job fair. If you pass that you go onto another interview that's more in depth. For mine they ran out of time for the second one. I was called a week later and had to go in two more times to meet different team leaders.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations if you have never worked for Whole Foods before. Everyone starts at 10/hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Member interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.