Whole Foods Market
3.6 of 5 1,125 reviews
www.wholefoodsmarket.com Austin, TX 5000+ Employees

Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Member Or Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whole Body Team Member Or Customer Service Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the online application and attached resume and cover letter. Received an email with an invitation to a job fair. Had to RSVP by email and was told in the email to expect a job fair confirmation email within 72 hours. After 4 days and no confirmation email from WFM, I resent my RSVP. The very next morning, I finally received the email with job fair confirmation in it. I signed up for the first of six job fair sessions (you had to select just one). It was to last 2 hours, with a 45 minute registration period prior to the interview. As this was the first session, they were having some technical difficulties and we didn't begin right on time. We did finish on time, however.
The 'interview' consisted of watching a slideshow about Whole Foods history and core values, then hearing a power point presentation that emphasized what they want in team members. It was during the power point that about a dozen Team Leaders and Associate Team Leaders were invited into the room to wander around and observe us. We never spoke to or heard from them, except for the very first activity. That was when we all went around the room saying our name, our favorite food, and tell 'Why Whole Foods?' in 3 minutes or less. Then the entire room full of applicants (about 25 people) was given a group assignment. We were then divided into 4 or 5 groups, given 10 minutes or so to come up with our presentation, and then group by group the presentations were done in front of the room full of people. During all of this time, the Team Leaders and ATLs were taking notes about us on big clipboards. We wore name tags with our first names and a number printed in large format and had been instructed to place the name tag in a very visible location.
After the first assignment was complete, we were then given a second assignment, divided into groups (different individuals in the groups this time), made a plan and presented it when called upon.
The first assignment had to do with demonstrating customer service. The second one was to choose one of the core values and demonstrate it somehow...I think we were supposed to do a third assignment but ran out of time.
After all of that, we had been given a sheet of paper on which to put our schedule of availability for work, and left it with the presenter as we left the room. We were told we would hear within a couple of days, would get an email either way. To date (it has been 4 days now) I haven't received an email. Don't know, but assume I am on the 'not hired' list, and that is a low priority for them at this time.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, but the format was rushed. That was difficult. And, we were not told until the end of the morning that there would be no call back interviews. That was it. Large group observation was how the hiring was to be determined. Seems somewhat arbitrary.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Member Or Customer Service Team Member interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.