Wholesale Interiors Interview Questions & Reviews

1.0

Buying/Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bensenville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wholesale Interiors in May 2014.

The interview didn't give me company address, had to find it by myself. The manager was rude, and seemed didn't know how to respect, asked a lot of private questions that I didn't want to share. very "Chinese culture".

Operations Supervisor Interview

interviewed at Wholesale Interiors in July 2013.

Interviewed for 'Operations Supervisor'. First thing on the ad: 'manage a team'. Under qualifications 'at least 2 years experience managing a team'.

Unbelievably unethical hiring procedure: completed interview and then informed me that the position I was interviewing for would be open in 6 months. Until then, five people would be hired for customer service, and then one of the five would be promoted to the managerial slot.

Read their own ad to them to clarify the job. "No, I've seen it, I posted that ad."

Not sure what kind of procedure this is. Perhaps this is cultural? However, the 'sweatshop' mentality was not appealing, and the bait and switch is plain unethical. Once one of you is promoted, what kind of team would the other four make? Who would inflict such a scenario on their employees?

Workplace was unclean, felt cramped and poor air circulation.

Sample of their furniture in the waiting area was of poor quality and looked disposable.

Overall a very poor experience.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept (half the pay normally earned in this position) for the first six months?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bensenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wholesale Interiors in April 2013.

Many of the job positions are listed on Craigslist and the initial job description was written cleverly and casually. Within just 2 or 3 days I was contacted via phone by the manager who left a voicemail and did not mention his name. Even though I had called back just a little bit after 5:00 PM the same day, nobody was in the office so I was forced to leave them a voicemail. I stated that I work 9-5 everyday so I could be most easily reached after 5 PM. The next day he called at 5:03 PM and left a message pointing out that it is 5:03 so he waited until after 5. Okay, well I don't know about most other people, but I do not *literally* punch out at five-zero-zero. Perhaps it was my fault to assume that the call would come more around 5:15 or later. After several days of telephone tag I ended up having to call him on my lunch break from work. He was nice on the phone and explained very briefly about the job and we arranged an interview for the following week.

The interview was very short--less than 20 minutes. I figured they had someone else in mind. I interviewed with the manager and one of the other Marketing staff. The interview was casual and I was just being my cheerful self the whole time. They asked all the normal questions. At the end I asked how long they had worked for Wholesale Interiors and the manager said "Since February" (it was April) and I asked why he left his previous job and he said he had a conflict with the management (hm...). The other staff worked there 6 years.

I was told that they had a few more interviews to do but that I would hear back from them. They called the next day (again, during 9-5 while I was at work) and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    The manager e-mailed me the job offer along with the salary. There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wholesale Interiors

Worked for Wholesale Interiors? Contribute to the Community!