Wichita State University

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Wichita State University.

Interview Details – Two weeks

Interview Question – What is your research background   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Wichita State University

Interview Details – Since I am graduate research assistant, I have interviewed with my supervisor first. After a few phone calls and discussions, I got the approval, then it is easy to be accepted to university and work as GRA.

Interview Question – Some questions on your previous experience and resume. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

GRA Interview

GRA

Interviewed at Wichita State University

Interview Details – submit resume, they call you, go to interview, easy

Negotiation Details – easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wichita State University in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very short process. I heard about the job through a student group I am a part of. I went and got an application in person and applied. About a week later I got a call to set up an interview. The interview was brief and touched on very basic skills, reactionary questions.

Interview Question – What skills do you have pertaining to running media equipment and how do you deal with malfunctions with the media.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wichita State University.

Interview Details – I received very helpful information throughout the interview. Calls into their HR dept were always met with the utmost customer service and care regarding my concerns. I was given detailed information regarding the interview expectations, and was emailed at each transition point (phone interview, in-person, background check, sign-up process).

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why? (No joke. They wanted to see how i would react to be sure i was both professional and fun, it worked.) All other questions were as expected. The skills test was a bit unexpected (I actually had to perform tasks on the spot and present my rationalizations).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None really, but my salary was increased as requested, so no complaints.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wichita State University in December 2012.

Interview Details – Asked about previous research experience; experience with statistical software

Interview Question – How proficient with statistical software; Writing examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wichita State University in April 2009.

Interview Details – Usually a panel interview. Questions are situational. Will need to describe experience and how it relates to the position. Questions can actually sometimes be found on the website before showing for the interview. Wichita is very good at sticking the legal practices associated with hiring according to the local, state and federal laws.

Interview Question – What makes you a great candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Wichita, KS

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wichita State University in November 2007.

Interview Details – The in-person interview consisted of many situational questions and work history related questions. Everyone seemed friendly and made me feel pretty open to answering.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation with a co-worker that made you uncomfortable and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wichita State University in May 2009.

Interview Details – a couple interviews are conducted and tests

Interview Question – There are times when conflict arises between you and your supervisor, how do you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wichita State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wichita State University interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wichita State University employees and interview candidates.