Wichita State University

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wichita State University.

Two weeks

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Since I am graduate research assistant, I have interviewed with my supervisor first. After a few phone calls and discussions, I got the approval, then it is easy to be accepted to university and work as GRA.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions on your previous experience and resume. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wichita State University in December 2013.

The hiring process for a GTA is quite simple. You study hard and get a GPA of 3.6-4, you have a good chance to be considered for a GTA postion. It is made sure that the individual considered for this position has good knowledge in the subject that he/she is appointed as a GTA

Interview Questions
    • There would be no questionnaire. You would be appointed as a GTA if the Graduate adviser feels that you can handle the responsibilities efficiently by looking at your score in the subject that you are allotted.   Answer Question

GRA Interview

submit resume, they call you, go to interview, easy

easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wichita State University.

I received very helpful information throughout the interview. Calls into their HR dept were always met with the utmost customer service and care regarding my concerns. I was given detailed information regarding the interview expectations, and was emailed at each transition point (phone interview, in-person, background check, sign-up process).

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite movie and why? (No joke. They wanted to see how i would react to be sure i was both professional and fun, it worked.) All other questions were as expected. The skills test was a bit unexpected (I actually had to perform tasks on the spot and present my rationalizations).   Answer Question
    None really, but my salary was increased as requested, so no complaints.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wichita State University in December 2012.

Asked about previous research experience; experience with statistical software

Interview Questions
    • How proficient with statistical software; Writing examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wichita State University in September 2012.

Very short process. I heard about the job through a student group I am a part of. I went and got an application in person and applied. About a week later I got a call to set up an interview. The interview was brief and touched on very basic skills, reactionary questions.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have pertaining to running media equipment and how do you deal with malfunctions with the media.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wichita State University in April 2009.

Usually a panel interview. Questions are situational. Will need to describe experience and how it relates to the position. Questions can actually sometimes be found on the website before showing for the interview. Wichita is very good at sticking the legal practices associated with hiring according to the local, state and federal laws.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wichita State University in November 2007.

The in-person interview consisted of many situational questions and work history related questions. Everyone seemed friendly and made me feel pretty open to answering.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation with a co-worker that made you uncomfortable and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wichita State University in May 2009.

a couple interviews are conducted and tests

Interview Questions
    • There are times when conflict arises between you and your supervisor, how do you deal with the situation?   Answer Question