Wickes

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.6

Customer Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wickes.

The online survey was OK everything is done through email. Got an interview it was OK I suppose the women was a bit cheeky against me. She asked me some personal questions which some I was no happy with.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wickes in October 2014.

I was reffered by a friend for a job there, The process took about a week and then i got called in for an interview! The interview was about 10 minutes long and i was only asked about 6 questions that werent hard at all! It was more like a sit down with a friend than an interview with the store mananger!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you could bring to wickes? Why do you want to work for us? Name a time where you delalt with a difficult customer? Describe a time you worked in a team?   View Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

So far I've only completed the online survey but the questions were so straightforward it was almost unbelievable. They were essentially as glaringly obvious as "if a customer is rude to you are you allowed to punch them in the face?" which is a clear no. They're multiple choice and it doesn't take too long, and you answer a few questions about yourself and your possible working hours and they'll let you know (or not) within 21 days whether they're interested in you enough for an interview. It helps if you know someone who works there for when you apply. Hopefully I'll find out soon if i might be in with a chance!

Hgv Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littlehampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littlehampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wickes in April 2013.

I was told that they were trying to employ some people through the official TP Group methods, as opposed to just hiring someone who knows someone. The online application screens anyone out who is does not pass the online quiz, and spend considerable time uploading their CV. Once submitted this filters down to the store management. If successful for the interview stage, you will be given a formal slot with management who reads from a corporate script. If you check all the boxes, happy days!

Interview Questions
    • What task did you most dislike about your last job role.
      Very corporate sounding question, may startle the unsuspecting candidate.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wickes in June 2010.

I had posted my CV to the company, and in return was called to set up an interview. There was just one interview, which felt more like an informal chat with one of the bosses. Questions: What do you think heath and safety is? When was the last time you worked as part of a group? How would you deal with an irate customer? are you flexible in relation to working hours? I was also asked to complete a small practical maths test. I was then later phoned with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Health and Safety is a large part of work at Wickes, what do you think health and safety is?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wickes in February 2009.

easy. Small maths test and basic knowledge about DIY.