Wieden And Kennedy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.9

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

I landed this interview through a recruiting company, otherwise I never would have had the connections to land it. The minimum of 2-3 years before promotion had gotten my attention and the interviewer got the impression I wanted to move up sooner than that, so I didn't get offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Don't be too ambitious because the position requires 2-3 years with no flexibility of moving up)   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by their HR on LinkedIn. Had 2 phone interviews with the HR and one with the manager. The HR department seemed very positive and keen that they wanted me to interview. After one hour long conversation with the manager it was clear there was some internal miscommunication. The interviews were casual and not very pressing so did not expect there to be a second one.

Interview Questions

• The manager was mostly interested in asking about willingness to be team player. Past examples of good teamwork. The conversation and questions were very vague so at times hard to judge how much detail he wanted you to go into regarding past work.   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Got an interview by first connecting with the Global HR Director on LinkedIn, who then referred me to a junior recruiter. Junior recruiter interviewed me by phone twice before submitting my resume for consideration to the hiring manager. Hiring manager passed on me citing she wanted someone with more direct agency experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Standard behavioral and background questions. Brought up the fact that I really enjoyed their recent campaigns, and was asked about which one was my recent favorite and why.   Answer Question

Junior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

Interview

First met through college job fair info-session. Followed up and received Initial interview over phone. First woman I spoke to was very nice and impressed with my background, but would not be a person I would work directly under. The next round was a phone interview with what would be my supervisor. She was much tougher and much less impressed with what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• (In response to a class project I had worked on): "Why do you think that is good enough to work?"   Answer Question

I didn't get the original full-time position I applied for in Portland HQ, but got an internship offer for their NY location.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was initiated through an agency. The process was quick and communicative. I had two interviews with two prospective managers, who were both friendly and encouraging, and asked easy questions.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience in attention to detail apply to this role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was from out of town, so I had two phone interviews with the Account Director and Account Supervisor before flying up to New York for additional interviews the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the ****** brand does well now, and how do you think it can improve?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviews at W+K, in my experience, work in multiple stages. As a writer, I basically had to spend the afternoon with three members of the W+K team. I met for a creative recruiter for over an hour where they reviewed my book, asked questions and gave me a full tour of their crazy space. Next, I met two other writers, both senior. They spent a good long while with me. They were definitely a feedback and chemistry check meetings. I got good reviews and able to pick the brains of some great creatives. Good, friendly exchange. Made contacts. No second interview but I was only in town for the week. Kept in contact, so who knows. Good experience either way.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge you've faced in your previous positions?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Mostly about who I was a person rather than industry based questions. W+K is very unique and they prefer people who are different. You hire advertising people you get advertising.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in June 2014.

Interview

I received communication through recruiter and it was well mediated. Though, what was promised initially as a part of compensation and the work profile had some discrepancy. The interview was not very long. I was interviewed by 4 people individually but it did not last very long.

Interview Questions

• None of them were difficult. I was well prepared for my interview and I was asked usual questions.   Answer Question

Senior Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

Interview

Very long process, took 5 months to secure an offer.

Negotiation

quick