Wieden And Kennedy

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I landed this interview through a recruiting company, otherwise I never would have had the connections to land it. The minimum of 2-3 years before promotion had gotten my attention and the interviewer got the impression I wanted to move up sooner than that, so I didn't get offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Don't be too ambitious because the position requires 2-3 years with no flexibility of moving up)   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in July 2014.

Was contacted by their HR on LinkedIn. Had 2 phone interviews with the HR and one with the manager. The HR department seemed very positive and keen that they wanted me to interview. After one hour long conversation with the manager it was clear there was some internal miscommunication. The interviews were casual and not very pressing so did not expect there to be a second one.

Interview Questions
    • The manager was mostly interested in asking about willingness to be team player. Past examples of good teamwork. The conversation and questions were very vague so at times hard to judge how much detail he wanted you to go into regarding past work.   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in December 2013.

Got an interview by first connecting with the Global HR Director on LinkedIn, who then referred me to a junior recruiter. Junior recruiter interviewed me by phone twice before submitting my resume for consideration to the hiring manager. Hiring manager passed on me citing she wanted someone with more direct agency experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Standard behavioral and background questions. Brought up the fact that I really enjoyed their recent campaigns, and was asked about which one was my recent favorite and why.   Answer Question

Junior Strategist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

First met through college job fair info-session. Followed up and received Initial interview over phone. First woman I spoke to was very nice and impressed with my background, but would not be a person I would work directly under. The next round was a phone interview with what would be my supervisor. She was much tougher and much less impressed with what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • (In response to a class project I had worked on): "Why do you think that is good enough to work?"   Answer Question

I didn't get the original full-time position I applied for in Portland HQ, but got an internship offer for their NY location.

Assistant to the Creative Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in June 2014.

I received communication through recruiter and it was well mediated. Though, what was promised initially as a part of compensation and the work profile had some discrepancy. The interview was not very long. I was interviewed by 4 people individually but it did not last very long.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult. I was well prepared for my interview and I was asked usual questions.   Answer Question

Senior Art Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

Very long process, took 5 months to secure an offer.

quick

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in October 2009.

I had several interviews

Creative Services Group Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in September 2008.

My interview experience was probably atypical compared to that of someone coming in cold. I knew some people that worked there, and they recommended me and got me the interview.
    The process for me was very informal, once we found a day and time that worked for myself, the manager who I'd work under, and the department head. These were the only people I met with, other than a quick tour of the area I'd be working in.
    The department head meeting, coming after the manager meeting, seemed somewhat perfunctory – no big surprise questions that I hadn't gotten in the manager interview.
    The manager asked about the amount of experience I had with specific functions I'd be doing and software apps I'd be using, what my career path aspirations looked like, and negotiated the salary. Since I came recommended, it was pretty easy.
    This is a high-energy place, so I'd suggest being on the more enthusiastic side. Personality and popularity are a part of the culture.
    Unless you're interviewing for a total suit position (do they ever wear them? Hard to recall...) dress casual or fashionably hip casual. Jeans and a reasonably nice shirt are about as formal as you need to go.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult problem and how you approached it in previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe ideal career path and timelines.   Answer Question
    Working for this company will likely enhance your talents, connections, and resume. They're aware of that, and that there are many other people who want the job you're after, so negotiating a higher salary is tough. Probably the only way to gain much ground is to demonstrate some unique skill or area of expertise that adds value over a typical applicant for the same position.