Wikia

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Account Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wikia in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter I spoke to on the phone was really nice, personable and delightful to converse with. He was thorough and happy to be apart of Wikia - which is awesome and refreshing! Towards the end of our phone conversation, the top of compensation came up. Unfortunately, the position pay is extremely low and a pitch above entry-level. The job description asks for someone with plenty of technical knowledge, versatility and comfortable with engineers yet, the pay is not up to par with the skill set. It's a shame as Wikia seems like a really great company to be with and has a promising outlook. I hope their management will consider a reasonable pay rate for the position otherwise risk losing out on qualified candidates.

Interview Question – Are you able to get into San Francisco?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wikia in June 2013.

Interview Details – Multi step interview process:

Skype conference with QA Manager and tech lead.
In person interview with 3 engineers
Final in person interview with SVP.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Or may be in my almost 20 year career I've heard all kinds of questions and nothing can surprise me now :)
Technical questions mixed with other types of questions.

Example:

Sample of Java code was provided and I was asked to read/modify it for different results.
Linux command line questions.
Database questions (SQL queries)
Also other non-tech questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiation. Received an offer, submitted counter offer. Got new offer within few hours. Accepted offer.

QA Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wikia.

Interview Details – Phone i/w and on-site 1-1

Interview Question – Previous QA work experience   Answer Question

QA Engineer Position Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wikia in March 2013.

Interview Details – They Asked me my offshore team and testing experience

Interview Question – Why do you want to work   View Answer

Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wikia.

Interview Details – The interview process felt pretty haphazard and uncoordinated. It was clear they lacked experience interviewing for this type of role. The people were friendly and rolled with the punches so it wasn't unpleasant.

It also wasn't challenging. A lot of the same questions asked in different ways from different people. I had the impression that they weren't talking with each other. I did sense some salesmanship in the process, but that was also sort of randomly applied here and there.

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward. The company favors equity over salary. It was pretty obvious that the first offer had a negotiation buffer built in and it wasn't hard to ask some leading questions to find the pre-planned sweetener.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wikia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wikia interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wikia employees and interview candidates.