Wikia

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wikia in November 2014.

Was contacted via email. Had phone interview and then was asked to come in for onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly and awesome. Unfortunately I wasnt offered a job. The recruiter even offered feedback from the interview. Overall great learning expereince! Seems like a great place to work for

Interview Questions
    • I was asked do you prefer working in a team enviornment or by yourself.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wikia in February 2014.

The recruiter I spoke to on the phone was really nice, personable and delightful to converse with. He was thorough and happy to be apart of Wikia - which is awesome and refreshing! Towards the end of our phone conversation, the top of compensation came up. Unfortunately, the position pay is extremely low and a pitch above entry-level. The job description asks for someone with plenty of technical knowledge, versatility and comfortable with engineers yet, the pay is not up to par with the skill set. It's a shame as Wikia seems like a really great company to be with and has a promising outlook. I hope their management will consider a reasonable pay rate for the position otherwise risk losing out on qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to get into San Francisco?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wikia in June 2013.

Multi step interview process:

Skype conference with QA Manager and tech lead.
    In person interview with 3 engineers
    Final in person interview with SVP.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Or may be in my almost 20 year career I've heard all kinds of questions and nothing can surprise me now :)
      Technical questions mixed with other types of questions.

Example:

Sample of Java code was provided and I was asked to read/modify it for different results.
      Linux command line questions.
      Database questions (SQL queries)
      Also other non-tech questions.

Answer Question
    Easy negotiation. Received an offer, submitted counter offer. Got new offer within few hours. Accepted offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wikia.

The interview process felt pretty haphazard and uncoordinated. It was clear they lacked experience interviewing for this type of role. The people were friendly and rolled with the punches so it wasn't unpleasant.

It also wasn't challenging. A lot of the same questions asked in different ways from different people. I had the impression that they weren't talking with each other. I did sense some salesmanship in the process, but that was also sort of randomly applied here and there.

Pretty straightforward. The company favors equity over salary. It was pretty obvious that the first offer had a negotiation buffer built in and it wasn't hard to ask some leading questions to find the pre-planned sweetener.

QA Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wikia in March 2013.

They Asked me my offshore team and testing experience