Wilbur-Ellis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant II Interview

Accountant II
Tukwila, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. I then had in-person interviews 4 times. One was a group forum with the team I'd be working with, then with the manager, Assistant Controller and finally the Controller

Interview Question – How many boxes of tissues would you use the cover the walls of the room we were having the interview in.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was given the offer and had a week to respond. They held strong on their offer after I tried to increase the annual salary

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in August 2007.

Interview Details – Obtained listing from Craigslist. Sent resume. Received call from Manager for interview. Met with two managers. Standard interview questions, reviewed resume, background, job history and skills. Took and passed several online tests. Took tour of facilities. Met potential colleagues. Asked questions of management. Was told I would be contacted in a few days. Told them I had another job offer pending. Heard back in 5 days. Started job 4 days later.

Sales and Service Engineer Interview

Sales and Service Engineer
Shah Alam (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in December 2012.

Interview Details – It was a pleasant interview with the hiring business manager and country manager, the interview was started with my background discipline basically is what i have learnt back in the university, my strength and weakness and elaborate my personality, moving on to my previous job experience and methods of solving problem and the reason of leaving my previous company.

Interview Question – technical question on water treatment   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Management Training Program Interview

Management Training Program

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in July 2011.

Interview Details – I found out about the company through a recruiter, and was able to learn more about their products and what they are active in on their website.
the first step was a personally test and IQ test, both done online, then was a interview with 3 people on the phone from their end, the Division manager, HR manager and senior sales manager. The phone conversation was about an hour long. They already had a copy of my resume however I went through it again and clarified a few things. Keep time spent going over your resume to a minimum, it’s just a waste of their time. They then asked me about travel (yes you will travel). They were all easy to talk to and liked well-formulated responses. After this phone interview the next week I was scheduled to have a 30 min talk to another manager, keeping answers focused and well rehearsed is advised.

Almost everyone in the company comes from an agro background and many used to work on farm’s. a salt of the earth type personality is quite everywhere. However the office structure is also very present.

I was always responded to quickly, usually in less then one day if I was moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – This was a uniform offer, no negotiation for salary, but was reimbursed for relocation expenses.

Worked for Wilbur-Ellis? Contribute to the Community!