Wilbur-Ellis

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.5

Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis.

Had 15-20 phone interview. Asked questions like: What are your strengths & weaknesses? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Give an example of goal you have recently achieved or greatest achievement? Why do you want to work for this company?
    Two weeks later had a in-person interview. Asked questions like: (Including above questions) Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? Why should we hire you? Tell us something that is not on your resume? How would you respond to issues with other employees and/or customers? How do you manage your schedule? What do you know about the company?

My suggestion is to learn everything you can about the company, director, channels, distribution network, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be an icecream flavor, what flavor would you be and why?   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wilbur-Ellis.

I talked with them at my school's career fair and got a call that night to come in the next day to interview. The interview went very well. It was two men who were very nice. Typical questions, none that really surprised me. Very interested in hearing about my experience and talents. I am waiting to hear back, but they openly said they were very impressed with me.
    Examples:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Tell me about your current job.

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in October 2013.

Applied online and a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. I then had in-person interviews 4 times. One was a group forum with the team I'd be working with, then with the manager, Assistant Controller and finally the Controller

Interview Questions
    • How many boxes of tissues would you use the cover the walls of the room we were having the interview in.   View Answers (2)
    I was given the offer and had a week to respond. They held strong on their offer after I tried to increase the annual salary

Dispatcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in August 2007.

Obtained listing from Craigslist. Sent resume. Received call from Manager for interview. Met with two managers. Standard interview questions, reviewed resume, background, job history and skills. Took and passed several online tests. Took tour of facilities. Met potential colleagues. Asked questions of management. Was told I would be contacted in a few days. Told them I had another job offer pending. Heard back in 5 days. Started job 4 days later.

Sales and Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shah Alam (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in December 2012.

It was a pleasant interview with the hiring business manager and country manager, the interview was started with my background discipline basically is what i have learnt back in the university, my strength and weakness and elaborate my personality, moving on to my previous job experience and methods of solving problem and the reason of leaving my previous company.

Management Training Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in July 2011.

I found out about the company through a recruiter, and was able to learn more about their products and what they are active in on their website.
    the first step was a personally test and IQ test, both done online, then was a interview with 3 people on the phone from their end, the Division manager, HR manager and senior sales manager. The phone conversation was about an hour long. They already had a copy of my resume however I went through it again and clarified a few things. Keep time spent going over your resume to a minimum, it’s just a waste of their time. They then asked me about travel (yes you will travel). They were all easy to talk to and liked well-formulated responses. After this phone interview the next week I was scheduled to have a 30 min talk to another manager, keeping answers focused and well rehearsed is advised.

Almost everyone in the company comes from an agro background and many used to work on farm’s. a salt of the earth type personality is quite everywhere. However the office structure is also very present.

I was always responded to quickly, usually in less then one day if I was moving forward or not.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts about the millennials generation?   Answer Question
    • What type of community involvement do you partake in?   Answer Question
    This was a uniform offer, no negotiation for salary, but was reimbursed for relocation expenses.