Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions

3.2

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

After submitting my resume and cover letter through their website, I got an email the very next day saying my application had been fast-tracked and I was to do a video interview that consisted of 3 - 5 questions. It had 1 written/short essay type question asking about my experience and then 2 questions to be answered via video recording about the industry/position. It was nice because you could rerecord your answers as many times as you like before submitting.

The email said they'd get back to me in a few days with my next steps, but it's been a month and I haven't heard a word from them. The email that was sent regarding the video interview is a generic no response email from a third party job listings site so I'm not sure how I could follow up without going through Wildfire's facebook which doesn't seem appropriate to me.

The least they could do is send an email saying: Thanks for taking the time to do your end, but we've gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your work experience / background   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing when working with an online community   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in May 2012.

I was contacted via email by a recruiter shortly after I submitted my resume. They sent me a video interview with about 3-4 questions asking about my experience and what I think about the social media industry. Once I submitted this, it prompted the recruiter to call me and do another pre-screening interview with her over the phone. The questions were fairly simple, again asking about my general experience, why I like the industry and some examples of my favorite social media B2B and B2C campaigns.

Interview Questions
    • Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about how you think social media can help brands achieve their marketing goals today and where do you think social media is headed in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After an initial email, there was an online interview which involved writing three answers and then recording on video two answers. It was really exciting because you had the time to review what you did and really make it whatever you wanted it to be. I personally let myself almost be a little too much myself, and was very pleased to see that Wildfire was receptive to it. Then there was a phone interview which should be about 30-40 minutes, but with my big mouth of course it was almost an hour. The recruiter was passionate and informative. I had interest in other positions as well as sales and she had amazing advice about where to start in the company and how to grow if invited to join the team. Finally, there was an in-person interview which was about 90 minutes and included a tour of the office. First thing I noticed was how happy everyone seemed. People just look thrilled to be there. The office has a warm feel to it and the excitement you see running through all the employees is infectious. It makes you want to be there right away.
    The final in-person interview was fantastic. These people are routing for you to succeed. We did do some role-playing to see how well I took coaching for cold-calls. There was much discussion about the position itself, the hours, what kind of personality you need to have, how you would break up your day in terms of research and getting leads.if you are up for the challenge and willing to take their advice, I think you got a good shot at joining this incredible team.

Interview Questions
    For this position, because there is so much bonus and growth opportunity, everyone starts at the same pay, but if you have things like vacations already planned, they are super flexible about your start date and are willing to accommodate preexisting plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
    Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
    Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
    By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

The interview process at Wildfire was one of the best I have experienced. After submitting my information, the company reached out to me within a day, and had the process moving right away. I was invited in for an in-person interview with several team members, and had great conversations with each of them. In addition, everyone also provided valuable insight on both their roles individually as well as the company as a whole. The entire Wildfire team was thoughtful, deliberate, and made the interview process incredibly enjoyable.

Compared to many other companies, the recruiting team at Wildfire is incredibly organized, efficient and communicates very well, which also made the interviews an even better experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when have worked in an entrepreneurial environment.   Answer Question
    • Is there a time when you have had to balance working with a large number of clients?   Answer Question

Ruby Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

The recruiter quickly scheduled an interview with the HR. I had a brief talk with the HR over the phone and then they scheduled a technical interview. I was told it would be 30 minutes and put it as such on the calendar, but it was in fact a bit over 1 hour.

The interview was with a Software Engineer and consisted of a number of questions, some related to experience with programming, web development, jQuery and Ruby language, some technical questions. I didn't answer 2 questions, for the rest I sometimes provided more then it was seemingly expected and he indicated happy. I heard him typing my answers (or whatever) in, and in the end he said they would contact me for further interviewing. I never heard back from them. I think they interview everybody who qualifies but would pass only those who fit their socio-demographics (I didn't). Also, they ask to provide links to code samples with the resume, but I collect statistics and have never seen them visited.

Interview Questions
    • Ruby: How to write a sum of numbers in an array in one line?   View Answers (2)
    • CSS and jQuery: There are 2 classes "foo" and "bar". How to select elements that belong to both classes?   View Answer

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After being notified through email that Wildfire liked my resume, I was invited to do an "active interview" online by following a link to an internal website. Very cool. It consisted of two longer essay questions (fit for the position, motivation for applying, experience, etc.) and two video response questions (a more technical question about an on-the-job scenario, and a fun, "tell us more about yourself" question). Prompts were very clear in stating that both written and verbal communication skills would be evaluated. I'd never experienced an interview like this prior to Wildfire. The video responses were especially fun to complete! They provide a wonderful opportunity to infuse personality into this part of the interview process. Note: you are allowed to re-record your video responses as many times as desired.

I submitted the active interview on a Saturday, and was totally thrilled to get a call the following Tues/Wed. Quick chat with a recruiter, and we set up an interview for the upcoming Tuesday. Recieved a call the next Monday, and realized that in my flustered excitement I'd most likely jotted down the wrong time for the interview. The recruiter was extremely nice in re-scheduling me for a couple days later that week. Phew. The actual phone interview lasted about thirty minutes, and covered a wide range of topics. No questions were too surprising or difficult, but all did seem very thoughtful and managed to gather a LOT of information. Know Wildfire as a company. Know current topics/happenings in Social Media space. The recruiter was extremely friendly, and simply a delight to speak with. It truly felt more like a conversation than an interview. As the interview was wrapping up, the recruiter informed me that the next step would be an in-office interview. Woohoo!

About two weeks later (I wasn't a local candidate for the position and needed to find time to make cross country travel arrangements), I arrived in office for the in person interview. Upon arrival, the recuiter I'd spoken with on the phone greeted me and gave me quick tour of the space. Very nifty wide open layout; great first impression and office vibe. Everyone who I met was friendly, cheerful and professional. First panel interview consisted of myself and three members of the recruiting team. Second component was a 1:2 interview with two different members of the team. My best advice would be to know Wildfire well, really try to understand its unique work culture, and be able to very specifically spell out how your experience will translate perfectly to your new position. As with the phone interview, all interviewers were a pleasure to work with. In office interview was complete in 2+ hours; certainly wasn't rushed. Received and accepted the offer two days later!

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach trying to recruit a strong candidate away from companies like Google, Facebook etc?   Answer Question
    • In 2 -3 sentences, explain to me the appeal of Wildfire Interactive within the Social Media space.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in February 2012.

A few days after submitting a resume to Wildfire online, a recruiter contacted me via email expressing their interest and explaining the next step in the process would be an interactive online "interview".
    In a separate email an invitation for a the online "interview" was sent consisting of a link.
    The online interview consisted 5 questions.
    The first three were essay style questions with a free form box to answer
    The last two were video essays which you had to answer by recording yourself with a webcam
    A few days after the online "interview" the recruiter would schedule a phone interview with you.

The phone interview consisted of about 5 basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.   Answer Question
    • Of your previous experiences (professional or personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?   Answer Question
    • Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients? Tell us about an instance where an issue came up with a client and how you solved it   Answer Question
    • By way of video, tell us about an activity, passion or story that best defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it? greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question