Wildfire Interactive

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Questions
    • The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in December 2011.

I applied blind on Wildfire's careers site. (No contacts or introductions)

I received an e-mail 3 days later saying that my resume had "caught their eye." They then sent me a link to something called an Active Interview (activeinterview.com) -- it is a service that allows candidates to type and record responses to questions. So, yes, I didnt even get to speak to a person!

The "interview" consisted of 5 questions - 3 written responses (2 under 1000 characters, and 1 under 3000 characters) and two 5 minute video responses. You can re-record the video response as many times as you like.

At the end you have a chance to look over and edit all of your answers! The whole process is not timed. I spent approximately 1.5 hours.

I found myself getting to the end of a video response and then messing up and having to re-record the whole thing! So definitely practice 5 minute responses to questions like "What job/experience have you had that is most similar to the one you are applying to?" and "What is not on your resume that helps us understand you better?".

Eight days after submitting my response they said that I was not a match.

I appreciate Wildfire's quick responses!

Interview Questions
    • Greatest accomplishment in the last 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What experience, professional or personal, has best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell a story that defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your job search and what you are looking for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Process:
    Online Short Answer/Video Questionnaire
    Phone Call with Recruiter
    Phone Call with Sales Manager
    In-person interview at San Francisco office with two Sales Managers

It took anywhere from a day to a little more than a week to get a call back for the next round. The interviewers asked me questions about my ability to prospect on the phone and by email, my knowledge about the company, and my interest in social media.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume that helps me understand you better.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Professional and courteous from start to finish. First I filled out an online questionnaire, followed by a video response portion. This was interesting and something I hadn't encountered in my job search, so it was kind of fun. Next were a series of phone interviews followed by an on site interview in Redwood City.

Account Executive (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

Shaky start.....and shaky finish.
    I applied for this job online, and received a phone call back within a day or two. The HR woman I spoke to said they were interested in interviewing me for this position, and asked me when is a good time for me to set up a phone interview. Because I wanted to research more into the position, I told her that I would be open to an interview 4 days out, and she set a time to call me @ 2pm.
    So I studied up for the position/company, and I felt I was prepared to give details about my background and effectively explain what the company did and how I could contribute to the company's success.
    The interview date came. 2 p.m. came. No phone call. 2:10 came, no phone call. 2:20 came, no phone call. Very unprofessional. I saved the HR woman's number, so I gave her a call at about 2:30, she didn't pick up. I left her a message stating we had a time set for an interview at 2, and no one had called me yet. She called me back within 5-10 minutes and apologized. She said she was in a meeting that ran over the alotted time (??), and asked if I could still do the interview then, even though it was more than 30 minutes off schedule. I agreed, because I felt I was prepared and had the time to do it.

So the interview began. She asked the basic questions: tell me about yourself, why social media, why sales, tell me about your sales experience, What do you know about Wildfire...etc. She also asked "What are the 3 skills or traits every salesperson must have ?" She did get pretty in-depth with her questioning, and I thought she was doing a really good job screening me as a candidate. She asked for more detail in terms of "Why Social Media", because my previous experience was in Financial Services. At the end of the interview, she said she would get back to me within a day or two to let me know if I was advancing in the process.
    I got a call back from her the next day, stating they would like to advance me into the next round of interviews. She asked if i was available to speak to a Senior Sales Executive the next day, and I was.
    So I got a call from the Senior Sales Executive the next day, and it was a pretty in-depth interview. She wanted to get to know more about me as a person, she asked similar sales questions, and also some similar questions as before. I thought it wasn't as difficult as the 1st round of interviews, and I thought I did alright. At the end of the interview, she stated she would get back to me within 1 or 2 business days to let me know if they wanted to proceed with me as a candidate. I said ok.

I waited one business day. Nothing. I waited 2 business days. Nothing. I waited 3 and then 4 business days, and received no e-mail or phone call from Wildfire regarding the status of my candidacy. I thought this was very very unprofessional. So on the 4th day after the 2nd interview, I decided to call the HR woman to check to see what was going on. She didn't answer, so I left a message stating "I was wondering about the status of my candidacy, please give me a call back when you can.."

I got no phone call back (??), but I got an e-mail back; she stated that the Senior Sales Executive really enjoyed our conversation, and she wanted to set up a time to meet in NY for the final round of interviews. They didn't set up a time to meet at all. But they said to reach out to them if there were any pressing concerns. So I waited 2 weeks, and still didn't hear anything from them. So I e-mailed them and asked "When can we meet?" Makes sense right? They said they wanted to meet me for a final interview, but they had not mentioned anything about a final interview date. So they said I could come in to the office within the next few days to meet. I agreed.

I went into the final round of interviews (which was a full 30 days after my initial interview, might I add). It was very laid back, a lot less intensive questions from previous rounds of interviews. They asked more in-depth about my background, usual sales questions, and also asked me to Role-play as a salesperson, calling a former company that I worked for. They said I did really well in the role-play. After the interview, they said they would get back to me in 2 days. I felt good about the interview

They gave me a call back in 2 days stating I didn't get the job because: "We were looking for someone with experience in Social Media and Technology"

......uhh...I never claimed to have experience in Social Media or Technology. I had experience in Sales and Financial Services. I made that very clear from Day 1 when I submitted my resume for an interview. I did have a great interest, however, in Social Media and Technology, and i was looking for a career change. I made that quite clear in each stage of the interview process.

So to sum it up, very unprofessional beginning, unprofessional middle, and an unprofessional ending to the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Give us the 3 most important characteristics of a salesperson   Answer Question
    • Role-play: How would you sell Wildfire to a particular company   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

In general, the interview process was pretty laid back and they asked pretty basic questions - mostly behavioral and reasons why I would fit/why I want the job. Unfortunately, I did not make it to the last round, which was an in person interview at the location. They really stress the high-energy work environment and perpetuate a strong collective affection for the CEO, which seems to be an integral part of the work culture. My only complaint is that email responses were slow, and I had to play phone tag with the recruiter more than once. In fact, I did not get a rejection email after a few weeks, and I had emailed them twice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your job search and what kinds of opportunities you are looking for.   Answer Question

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

I contacted a recruiter over Linkedin and he asked me to apply online. I got a response on my application after about 1 week and was invited to a video interview. Funny enough this was a one-way interview so I got 5 questions in an online tool, had to answer 2 of 5 just with a written answer and record my answers for the other 3 online and upload the video. I heard back about 4 days later and was invited to a phone interview with a recruiter which was very nice, about 30 min. It was not only about my background but also about my expectations on the job and what I would bring into it. Right at the end of the call the recruiter said she wants me to talk to the Hiring Manager and sent me an invitation for that shortly. This was again a phone interview and pretty similar in terms of what we talked about as the first one I had. Some days later they contacted me again and saif they wan to meet me in person so I had a live interview onsite with the Hiring Manager, a co-worker and the recruiter, for about 60min. Also a very nice talk with just some hard questions where you had to go a little bit beyond your typical explanation of your resume. But all in one very nice. After the interview, I think it was the same day, they invited me to have lunch with some possible future co-workers to see if there is a match. Two days after the lunch they made me an offer, I started only 4 days later with the training. All in one a very easy and short process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation you solved just by using humour?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in September 2011.

I was extremely impressed by Wildfire's recruiting process. They were quick and efficient and an absolute pleasure to deal with!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in September 2011.

First, I was asked to complete an "Active Interview" which consisted of 3 questions requiring typed responses along with 2 questions requiring up to 5 minute video responses. The typed questions were pretty standard.

Wildfire responded saying I had one of the best active interviews lately, then the phone interview followed. I was prepared and confident in my responses and felt the phone interview went well. I received an email 4 days later saying they did not want to move forward with me and when I asked for feedback they told me they were too busy.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years   Answer Question
    • Tell us about and event or activity that describes a personality trait unique to you   Answer Question