Wildfire Interactive

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After being notified through email that Wildfire liked my resume, I was invited to do an "active interview" online by following a link to an internal website. Very cool. It consisted of two longer essay questions (fit for the position, motivation for applying, experience, etc.) and two video response questions (a more technical question about an on-the-job scenario, and a fun, "tell us more about yourself" question). Prompts were very clear in stating that both written and verbal communication skills would be evaluated. I'd never experienced an interview like this prior to Wildfire. The video responses were especially fun to complete! They provide a wonderful opportunity to infuse personality into this part of the interview process. Note: you are allowed to re-record your video responses as many times as desired.

I submitted the active interview on a Saturday, and was totally thrilled to get a call the following Tues/Wed. Quick chat with a recruiter, and we set up an interview for the upcoming Tuesday. Recieved a call the next Monday, and realized that in my flustered excitement I'd most likely jotted down the wrong time for the interview. The recruiter was extremely nice in re-scheduling me for a couple days later that week. Phew. The actual phone interview lasted about thirty minutes, and covered a wide range of topics. No questions were too surprising or difficult, but all did seem very thoughtful and managed to gather a LOT of information. Know Wildfire as a company. Know current topics/happenings in Social Media space. The recruiter was extremely friendly, and simply a delight to speak with. It truly felt more like a conversation than an interview. As the interview was wrapping up, the recruiter informed me that the next step would be an in-office interview. Woohoo!

About two weeks later (I wasn't a local candidate for the position and needed to find time to make cross country travel arrangements), I arrived in office for the in person interview. Upon arrival, the recuiter I'd spoken with on the phone greeted me and gave me quick tour of the space. Very nifty wide open layout; great first impression and office vibe. Everyone who I met was friendly, cheerful and professional. First panel interview consisted of myself and three members of the recruiting team. Second component was a 1:2 interview with two different members of the team. My best advice would be to know Wildfire well, really try to understand its unique work culture, and be able to very specifically spell out how your experience will translate perfectly to your new position. As with the phone interview, all interviewers were a pleasure to work with. In office interview was complete in 2+ hours; certainly wasn't rushed. Received and accepted the offer two days later!

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach trying to recruit a strong candidate away from companies like Google, Facebook etc?   Answer Question
  • In 2 -3 sentences, explain to me the appeal of Wildfire Interactive within the Social Media space.   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate.