Wildfire Interactive Sales Associate Interview Questions

3.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Questions
  • The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Other Interview Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive.

The process was a few interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, this is where you show your personality. The next was an interview, in person, with the sales manager and the director of sales - here they really went into my background, the tools I used for efficiency and the way that I tracked my progress.

Interview Questions
    • Mock cold call on the spot, was not expected - but a great way to determine if I was the right fit or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I submitted my resume online and was then asked to move on to the second round a few days later via email. This round was quite interesting and consisted of 5 questions online (via a website), 3 of which were written and the other two were video. This meant that I had to use my webcam and record myself while I answered the specific questions. It was new an quite interesting for me, but also difficult as recording yourself can be a bit intimidating. A few days later an email arrived saying that I was not moving on to the third round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

If they're interested, they'll respond in a couple of days to your submitted application.

As I'm sure you know, the process begins with an active interview where you post videos of yourself in response to written questions. I don't think the active interview is a good way to screen candidates as not everyone looks good on a webcam! Also, it's really strange just talking to yourself into the camera as well. The bad sides of this are you don't get to ask questions or even really show you're good at communication.

I heard back two days later that they weren't interested so they move fast. Personally, I think these people are growing way too fast and they're going to burn out since social media obviously isn't worth that much if Facebook's IPO is any indication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After an initial email, there was an online interview which involved writing three answers and then recording on video two answers. It was really exciting because you had the time to review what you did and really make it whatever you wanted it to be. I personally let myself almost be a little too much myself, and was very pleased to see that Wildfire was receptive to it. Then there was a phone interview which should be about 30-40 minutes, but with my big mouth of course it was almost an hour. The recruiter was passionate and informative. I had interest in other positions as well as sales and she had amazing advice about where to start in the company and how to grow if invited to join the team. Finally, there was an in-person interview which was about 90 minutes and included a tour of the office. First thing I noticed was how happy everyone seemed. People just look thrilled to be there. The office has a warm feel to it and the excitement you see running through all the employees is infectious. It makes you want to be there right away.
    The final in-person interview was fantastic. These people are routing for you to succeed. We did do some role-playing to see how well I took coaching for cold-calls. There was much discussion about the position itself, the hours, what kind of personality you need to have, how you would break up your day in terms of research and getting leads.if you are up for the challenge and willing to take their advice, I think you got a good shot at joining this incredible team.

Interview Questions
    For this position, because there is so much bonus and growth opportunity, everyone starts at the same pay, but if you have things like vacations already planned, they are super flexible about your start date and are willing to accommodate preexisting plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
    Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.
    Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
    Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
    What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it?
    By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Did an online survey and then had a phone interview. questions discussed passed sales experience

Interview Questions

Worked for Wildfire Interactive? Contribute to the Community!