Wildfire Interactive

www.wildfireapp.com

Wildfire Interactive Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Question – The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive.

Interview Details – The process was a few interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, this is where you show your personality. The next was an interview, in person, with the sales manager and the director of sales - here they really went into my background, the tools I used for efficiency and the way that I tracked my progress.

Interview Question – Mock cold call on the spot, was not expected - but a great way to determine if I was the right fit or not.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Interview Details – If they're interested, they'll respond in a couple of days to your submitted application.

As I'm sure you know, the process begins with an active interview where you post videos of yourself in response to written questions. I don't think the active interview is a good way to screen candidates as not everyone looks good on a webcam! Also, it's really strange just talking to yourself into the camera as well. The bad sides of this are you don't get to ask questions or even really show you're good at communication.

I heard back two days later that they weren't interested so they move fast. Personally, I think these people are growing way too fast and they're going to burn out since social media obviously isn't worth that much if Facebook's IPO is any indication.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Question – What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Interview Details – Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Question – Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – After an initial email, there was an online interview which involved writing three answers and then recording on video two answers. It was really exciting because you had the time to review what you did and really make it whatever you wanted it to be. I personally let myself almost be a little too much myself, and was very pleased to see that Wildfire was receptive to it. Then there was a phone interview which should be about 30-40 minutes, but with my big mouth of course it was almost an hour. The recruiter was passionate and informative. I had interest in other positions as well as sales and she had amazing advice about where to start in the company and how to grow if invited to join the team. Finally, there was an in-person interview which was about 90 minutes and included a tour of the office. First thing I noticed was how happy everyone seemed. People just look thrilled to be there. The office has a warm feel to it and the excitement you see running through all the employees is infectious. It makes you want to be there right away.
The final in-person interview was fantastic. These people are routing for you to succeed. We did do some role-playing to see how well I took coaching for cold-calls. There was much discussion about the position itself, the hours, what kind of personality you need to have, how you would break up your day in terms of research and getting leads.if you are up for the challenge and willing to take their advice, I think you got a good shot at joining this incredible team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – For this position, because there is so much bonus and growth opportunity, everyone starts at the same pay, but if you have things like vacations already planned, they are super flexible about your start date and are willing to accommodate preexisting plans.

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.
Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it?
By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Redwood City, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Details – Professional and courteous from start to finish. First I filled out an online questionnaire, followed by a video response portion. This was interesting and something I hadn't encountered in my job search, so it was kind of fun. Next were a series of phone interviews followed by an on site interview in Redwood City.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in September 2011.

Interview Details – First, I was asked to complete an "Active Interview" which consisted of 3 questions requiring typed responses along with 2 questions requiring up to 5 minute video responses. The typed questions were pretty standard.

Wildfire responded saying I had one of the best active interviews lately, then the phone interview followed. I was prepared and confident in my responses and felt the phone interview went well. I received an email 4 days later saying they did not want to move forward with me and when I asked for feedback they told me they were too busy.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years   Answer Question
  • Tell us about and event or activity that describes a personality trait unique to you   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wildfire Interactive

Worked for Wildfire Interactive? Contribute to the Community!