Wildfire Interactive

Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Redwood City, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Details – Professional and courteous from start to finish. First I filled out an online questionnaire, followed by a video response portion. This was interesting and something I hadn't encountered in my job search, so it was kind of fun. Next were a series of phone interviews followed by an on site interview in Redwood City.

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.
Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it?
By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Interview Details – Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Question – Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in June 2012.

Interview Details – The entire thing was extremely positive. My recruiter (Jill) was in touch on a regular basis and kept me well informed about the process. The interview process consisted of a video + essay response portion, two phone interviews (approximately) and an in person interview, all of which went extremely smoothly and were even enjoyable. The people I interfaced with were upbeat and extremely well informed. My recruiter in particular spoke very clearly about the specifics of the role to which I was applying and had no issue getting into detail when asked questions. Wildfire's acquisition by Google took place as I was continuing through the process and I received a personalized email within hours (if that) of seeing the first Tweet about the acquisition. The email I received was shortly followed up with a call, and I was informed as much as was possible about the acquisition and assured that they were still moving forward with the hiring process.

Interview Question – Do you have a favorite Excel formula? (I think this was asked mostly out of curiosity on the interviewer's part and less formally than the other questions in the interview).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My expectations had been very clearly set during the interview process, and I felt I knew my recruiters well enough to ask them candid questions, which were promptly and clearly answered.

Sales Associate
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive.

Interview Details – The process was a few interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, this is where you show your personality. The next was an interview, in person, with the sales manager and the director of sales - here they really went into my background, the tools I used for efficiency and the way that I tracked my progress.

Interview Question – Mock cold call on the spot, was not expected - but a great way to determine if I was the right fit or not.   Answer Question

Sales Associate
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Question – The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Question – What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by a recruiter shortly after I submitted my resume. They sent me a video interview with about 3-4 questions asking about my experience and what I think about the social media industry. Once I submitted this, it prompted the recruiter to call me and do another pre-screening interview with her over the phone. The questions were fairly simple, again asking about my general experience, why I like the industry and some examples of my favorite social media B2B and B2C campaigns.

Interview Questions

• Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about how you think social media can help brands achieve their marketing goals today and where do you think social media is headed in the future.   Answer Question

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter over Linkedin and he asked me to apply online. I got a response on my application after about 1 week and was invited to a video interview. Funny enough this was a one-way interview so I got 5 questions in an online tool, had to answer 2 of 5 just with a written answer and record my answers for the other 3 online and upload the video. I heard back about 4 days later and was invited to a phone interview with a recruiter which was very nice, about 30 min. It was not only about my background but also about my expectations on the job and what I would bring into it. Right at the end of the call the recruiter said she wants me to talk to the Hiring Manager and sent me an invitation for that shortly. This was again a phone interview and pretty similar in terms of what we talked about as the first one I had. Some days later they contacted me again and saif they wan to meet me in person so I had a live interview onsite with the Hiring Manager, a co-worker and the recruiter, for about 60min. Also a very nice talk with just some hard questions where you had to go a little bit beyond your typical explanation of your resume. But all in one very nice. After the interview, I think it was the same day, they invited me to have lunch with some possible future co-workers to see if there is a match. Two days after the lunch they made me an offer, I started only 4 days later with the training. All in one a very easy and short process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation you solved just by using humour?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wildfire Interactive in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was extremely impressed by Wildfire's recruiting process. They were quick and efficient and an absolute pleasure to deal with!

Interview Question – Why recruiting?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wildfire Interactive

Worked for Wildfire Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wildfire Interactive interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wildfire Interactive employees and interview candidates.