Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Professional and courteous from start to finish. First I filled out an online questionnaire, followed by a video response portion. This was interesting and something I hadn't encountered in my job search, so it was kind of fun. Next were a series of phone interviews followed by an on site interview in Redwood City.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
    Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.
    Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
    Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
    What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it?
    By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The entire thing was extremely positive. My recruiter (Jill) was in touch on a regular basis and kept me well informed about the process. The interview process consisted of a video + essay response portion, two phone interviews (approximately) and an in person interview, all of which went extremely smoothly and were even enjoyable. The people I interfaced with were upbeat and extremely well informed. My recruiter in particular spoke very clearly about the specifics of the role to which I was applying and had no issue getting into detail when asked questions. Wildfire's acquisition by Google took place as I was continuing through the process and I received a personalized email within hours (if that) of seeing the first Tweet about the acquisition. The email I received was shortly followed up with a call, and I was informed as much as was possible about the acquisition and assured that they were still moving forward with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a favorite Excel formula? (I think this was asked mostly out of curiosity on the interviewer's part and less formally than the other questions in the interview).   1 Answer

Negotiation

My expectations had been very clearly set during the interview process, and I felt I knew my recruiters well enough to ask them candid questions, which were promptly and clearly answered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The process was a few interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, this is where you show your personality. The next was an interview, in person, with the sales manager and the director of sales - here they really went into my background, the tools I used for efficiency and the way that I tracked my progress.

Interview Questions

• Mock cold call on the spot, was not expected - but a great way to determine if I was the right fit or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Questions

• The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

If they're interested, they'll respond in a couple of days to your submitted application.

As I'm sure you know, the process begins with an active interview where you post videos of yourself in response to written questions. I don't think the active interview is a good way to screen candidates as not everyone looks good on a webcam! Also, it's really strange just talking to yourself into the camera as well. The bad sides of this are you don't get to ask questions or even really show you're good at communication.

I heard back two days later that they weren't interested so they move fast. Personally, I think these people are growing way too fast and they're going to burn out since social media obviously isn't worth that much if Facebook's IPO is any indication.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Saw the job posting online and sent in my resume and cover letter. About a week later I was invited to submit a video interview in which they send you an email with a link to a special website and you answer some questions in writing and some questions in a video recorded on your computer (which you can re-record any number of times in one session if you mess up). That's a really neat idea! It's also tough to do, as the interviewee.

A couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a couple of weeks after that an on-site interview with the hiring manager and a peer manager, both at once. I was expecting a more structured interview, but it was a little casual - not many "standard" interview questions. I was also expecting to meet with one, and possibly two other people (as per the email they had sent me), but I only met with those two. They let me know when I should hear back, and then followed up via email when the decision regarding the next round was delayed another week.

After they made their decision, they called me on the phone to let me know they had selected someone else. I thought it was a very nice touch that they called me directly instead of sending an email.

The hiring manager was communicative throughout the process so I never was left wondering what was going on. All-in-all it was a good experience, even though I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Record a 5 minute video detailing your relevant experience in technical support management.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I wasn't looking for a new job but a recruiter reached out to me about this position via email. The email was well worded and enticing so I decided to chat with her. She was really nice and informative and after that call, she set me up to talk to the lead recruiter on the team. That call was also really insightful and gave me a good perspective of what the company was all about. They set me up for yet another call so I could talk to the manager of the account manager team. He was really friendly and nice as well (recurring pattern for the people I interacted with) and the call was more like a conversation than an interview. A day later, the recruiter called me to ask if I was interested in coming into the office for an interview. I agreed so she set it up for the next week. I came in and it consisted of an office tour (they have kegs and scooters!) an interview with 2 managers from the team (the man I talked to and another manager). Again, they were friendly and informative and it wasn't too intimidating. Ultimately, the recruiter called me a few days later and said they were passing on me. My primary complaint is that there were so many steps, but it was still a pretty quick process so that's good. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and nice and I felt like they really appreciated the time I gave. At the end of the day, I am still happy in my current job but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work out at Wildfire. Seems like a cool company with cool people.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this role where you'd be dealing with multiple clients and internal stakeholders? How would you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • How does our product help brands achieve their marketing goals?   Answer Question