Wildfire Interactive

3.1

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in August 2011.

First round: online interview consisting of basic phone screen questions (what has been your greatest achievement thus far? etc) - had to either type responses to the questions or film yourself.

Second round: typical phone screen, similar questions to the online portion. maybe a question or two about relevant sales / cold calling experience.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

After submitting my resume and cover letter through their website, I got an email the very next day saying my application had been fast-tracked and I was to do a video interview that consisted of 3 - 5 questions. It had 1 written/short essay type question asking about my experience and then 2 questions to be answered via video recording about the industry/position. It was nice because you could rerecord your answers as many times as you like before submitting.

The email said they'd get back to me in a few days with my next steps, but it's been a month and I haven't heard a word from them. The email that was sent regarding the video interview is a generic no response email from a third party job listings site so I'm not sure how I could follow up without going through Wildfire's facebook which doesn't seem appropriate to me.

The least they could do is send an email saying: Thanks for taking the time to do your end, but we've gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your work experience / background   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing when working with an online community   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

If they're interested, they'll respond in a couple of days to your submitted application.

As I'm sure you know, the process begins with an active interview where you post videos of yourself in response to written questions. I don't think the active interview is a good way to screen candidates as not everyone looks good on a webcam! Also, it's really strange just talking to yourself into the camera as well. The bad sides of this are you don't get to ask questions or even really show you're good at communication.

I heard back two days later that they weren't interested so they move fast. Personally, I think these people are growing way too fast and they're going to burn out since social media obviously isn't worth that much if Facebook's IPO is any indication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in May 2012.

Saw the job posting online and sent in my resume and cover letter. About a week later I was invited to submit a video interview in which they send you an email with a link to a special website and you answer some questions in writing and some questions in a video recorded on your computer (which you can re-record any number of times in one session if you mess up). That's a really neat idea! It's also tough to do, as the interviewee.

A couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a couple of weeks after that an on-site interview with the hiring manager and a peer manager, both at once. I was expecting a more structured interview, but it was a little casual - not many "standard" interview questions. I was also expecting to meet with one, and possibly two other people (as per the email they had sent me), but I only met with those two. They let me know when I should hear back, and then followed up via email when the decision regarding the next round was delayed another week.

After they made their decision, they called me on the phone to let me know they had selected someone else. I thought it was a very nice touch that they called me directly instead of sending an email.

The hiring manager was communicative throughout the process so I never was left wondering what was going on. All-in-all it was a good experience, even though I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Record a 5 minute video detailing your relevant experience in technical support management.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in June 2012.

I wasn't looking for a new job but a recruiter reached out to me about this position via email. The email was well worded and enticing so I decided to chat with her. She was really nice and informative and after that call, she set me up to talk to the lead recruiter on the team. That call was also really insightful and gave me a good perspective of what the company was all about. They set me up for yet another call so I could talk to the manager of the account manager team. He was really friendly and nice as well (recurring pattern for the people I interacted with) and the call was more like a conversation than an interview. A day later, the recruiter called me to ask if I was interested in coming into the office for an interview. I agreed so she set it up for the next week. I came in and it consisted of an office tour (they have kegs and scooters!) an interview with 2 managers from the team (the man I talked to and another manager). Again, they were friendly and informative and it wasn't too intimidating. Ultimately, the recruiter called me a few days later and said they were passing on me. My primary complaint is that there were so many steps, but it was still a pretty quick process so that's good. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and nice and I felt like they really appreciated the time I gave. At the end of the day, I am still happy in my current job but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work out at Wildfire. Seems like a cool company with cool people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach this role where you'd be dealing with multiple clients and internal stakeholders? How would you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • How does our product help brands achieve their marketing goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in September 2011.

First, I was asked to complete an "Active Interview" which consisted of 3 questions requiring typed responses along with 2 questions requiring up to 5 minute video responses. The typed questions were pretty standard.

Wildfire responded saying I had one of the best active interviews lately, then the phone interview followed. I was prepared and confident in my responses and felt the phone interview went well. I received an email 4 days later saying they did not want to move forward with me and when I asked for feedback they told me they were too busy.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years   Answer Question
    • Tell us about and event or activity that describes a personality trait unique to you   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

In general, the interview process was pretty laid back and they asked pretty basic questions - mostly behavioral and reasons why I would fit/why I want the job. Unfortunately, I did not make it to the last round, which was an in person interview at the location. They really stress the high-energy work environment and perpetuate a strong collective affection for the CEO, which seems to be an integral part of the work culture. My only complaint is that email responses were slow, and I had to play phone tag with the recruiter more than once. In fact, I did not get a rejection email after a few weeks, and I had emailed them twice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your job search and what kinds of opportunities you are looking for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Process:
    Online Short Answer/Video Questionnaire
    Phone Call with Recruiter
    Phone Call with Sales Manager
    In-person interview at San Francisco office with two Sales Managers

It took anywhere from a day to a little more than a week to get a call back for the next round. The interviewers asked me questions about my ability to prospect on the phone and by email, my knowledge about the company, and my interest in social media.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume that helps me understand you better.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in December 2011.

I applied blind on Wildfire's careers site. (No contacts or introductions)

I received an e-mail 3 days later saying that my resume had "caught their eye." They then sent me a link to something called an Active Interview (activeinterview.com) -- it is a service that allows candidates to type and record responses to questions. So, yes, I didnt even get to speak to a person!

The "interview" consisted of 5 questions - 3 written responses (2 under 1000 characters, and 1 under 3000 characters) and two 5 minute video responses. You can re-record the video response as many times as you like.

At the end you have a chance to look over and edit all of your answers! The whole process is not timed. I spent approximately 1.5 hours.

I found myself getting to the end of a video response and then messing up and having to re-record the whole thing! So definitely practice 5 minute responses to questions like "What job/experience have you had that is most similar to the one you are applying to?" and "What is not on your resume that helps us understand you better?".

Eight days after submitting my response they said that I was not a match.

I appreciate Wildfire's quick responses!

Interview Questions
    • Greatest accomplishment in the last 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What experience, professional or personal, has best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell a story that defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your job search and what you are looking for.   Answer Question