Wildfire Interactive

3.1

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ruby Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

The recruiter quickly scheduled an interview with the HR. I had a brief talk with the HR over the phone and then they scheduled a technical interview. I was told it would be 30 minutes and put it as such on the calendar, but it was in fact a bit over 1 hour.

The interview was with a Software Engineer and consisted of a number of questions, some related to experience with programming, web development, jQuery and Ruby language, some technical questions. I didn't answer 2 questions, for the rest I sometimes provided more then it was seemingly expected and he indicated happy. I heard him typing my answers (or whatever) in, and in the end he said they would contact me for further interviewing. I never heard back from them. I think they interview everybody who qualifies but would pass only those who fit their socio-demographics (I didn't). Also, they ask to provide links to code samples with the resume, but I collect statistics and have never seen them visited.

Interview Questions
    • Ruby: How to write a sum of numbers in an array in one line?   View Answers (2)
    • CSS and jQuery: There are 2 classes "foo" and "bar". How to select elements that belong to both classes?   View Answer

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After being notified through email that Wildfire liked my resume, I was invited to do an "active interview" online by following a link to an internal website. Very cool. It consisted of two longer essay questions (fit for the position, motivation for applying, experience, etc.) and two video response questions (a more technical question about an on-the-job scenario, and a fun, "tell us more about yourself" question). Prompts were very clear in stating that both written and verbal communication skills would be evaluated. I'd never experienced an interview like this prior to Wildfire. The video responses were especially fun to complete! They provide a wonderful opportunity to infuse personality into this part of the interview process. Note: you are allowed to re-record your video responses as many times as desired.

I submitted the active interview on a Saturday, and was totally thrilled to get a call the following Tues/Wed. Quick chat with a recruiter, and we set up an interview for the upcoming Tuesday. Recieved a call the next Monday, and realized that in my flustered excitement I'd most likely jotted down the wrong time for the interview. The recruiter was extremely nice in re-scheduling me for a couple days later that week. Phew. The actual phone interview lasted about thirty minutes, and covered a wide range of topics. No questions were too surprising or difficult, but all did seem very thoughtful and managed to gather a LOT of information. Know Wildfire as a company. Know current topics/happenings in Social Media space. The recruiter was extremely friendly, and simply a delight to speak with. It truly felt more like a conversation than an interview. As the interview was wrapping up, the recruiter informed me that the next step would be an in-office interview. Woohoo!

About two weeks later (I wasn't a local candidate for the position and needed to find time to make cross country travel arrangements), I arrived in office for the in person interview. Upon arrival, the recuiter I'd spoken with on the phone greeted me and gave me quick tour of the space. Very nifty wide open layout; great first impression and office vibe. Everyone who I met was friendly, cheerful and professional. First panel interview consisted of myself and three members of the recruiting team. Second component was a 1:2 interview with two different members of the team. My best advice would be to know Wildfire well, really try to understand its unique work culture, and be able to very specifically spell out how your experience will translate perfectly to your new position. As with the phone interview, all interviewers were a pleasure to work with. In office interview was complete in 2+ hours; certainly wasn't rushed. Received and accepted the offer two days later!

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach trying to recruit a strong candidate away from companies like Google, Facebook etc?   Answer Question
    • In 2 -3 sentences, explain to me the appeal of Wildfire Interactive within the Social Media space.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

The interview process at Wildfire was one of the best I have experienced. After submitting my information, the company reached out to me within a day, and had the process moving right away. I was invited in for an in-person interview with several team members, and had great conversations with each of them. In addition, everyone also provided valuable insight on both their roles individually as well as the company as a whole. The entire Wildfire team was thoughtful, deliberate, and made the interview process incredibly enjoyable.

Compared to many other companies, the recruiting team at Wildfire is incredibly organized, efficient and communicates very well, which also made the interviews an even better experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when have worked in an entrepreneurial environment.   Answer Question
    • Is there a time when you have had to balance working with a large number of clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in February 2012.

A few days after submitting a resume to Wildfire online, a recruiter contacted me via email expressing their interest and explaining the next step in the process would be an interactive online "interview".
    In a separate email an invitation for a the online "interview" was sent consisting of a link.
    The online interview consisted 5 questions.
    The first three were essay style questions with a free form box to answer
    The last two were video essays which you had to answer by recording yourself with a webcam
    A few days after the online "interview" the recruiter would schedule a phone interview with you.

The phone interview consisted of about 5 basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.   Answer Question
    • Of your previous experiences (professional or personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?   Answer Question
    • Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients? Tell us about an instance where an issue came up with a client and how you solved it   Answer Question
    • By way of video, tell us about an activity, passion or story that best defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it? greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I received an email about a week after I submitted an application saying that my resume caught their eye. First, I completed the video interview. I was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. I typically feel good after an interview when the interviewer had their questions answered but it was also conversational and interactive. This interview was not that way at all. As soon as I finished answering a question, the interviewer wouldn't even acknowledge what I said. She would just say "Ok next question" as if she had a long list and had to hit every one. I was suprised when I was asked to come in for an in-person interview because of the lack of candid conversation. I knew I'd be interviewing with a recruiter rather than a coordinator so I figured this interview would be better. Nope. She probably squeezed about 50 questions into a half hour interview. It was as if she had just taken a class on interview questions and was overdoing it. Not conversational at all. I felt like I was being badgered and I was just waiting for a trick question to be thrown in. This is no way to make a candidate feel comfortable and excited to work at your company. I was turned off immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project that you've taken on that demonstrate your organizational skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

I applied online w/ the referral of a current employee. I received an Active Interview, answered video questions that were fun and fairly low pressure i.e. what accomplishment I'm most proud of. I recommend being enthusiastic and allowing your full personality to come through the computer screen. A day later, I was invited for a phone interview with HR staff member. It was pleasant, although she was slightly distant. A day or two later, I was invited to do an on-site interview which I planned for a week from then. It consisted of standard questions about what value I bring to a sales team and my current understanding of Wildfire product. There were two managers there to question me. Very friendly and young!

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important qualities/personality traits to have in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in January 2012.

The first step was that I had a phone interview. After that, there was a follow-up series of questions that I had to answer by video and essay format. The final step was flying down to HQ.

Interview Questions
    • The sales managers played good cop bad cop. They were REALLY young and one wore sun glasses the whole time. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. They offered $500 moving / interview travel reimbursement.

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in December 2011.

I applied blind on Wildfire's careers site. (No contacts or introductions)

I received an e-mail 3 days later saying that my resume had "caught their eye." They then sent me a link to something called an Active Interview (activeinterview.com) -- it is a service that allows candidates to type and record responses to questions. So, yes, I didnt even get to speak to a person!

The "interview" consisted of 5 questions - 3 written responses (2 under 1000 characters, and 1 under 3000 characters) and two 5 minute video responses. You can re-record the video response as many times as you like.

At the end you have a chance to look over and edit all of your answers! The whole process is not timed. I spent approximately 1.5 hours.

I found myself getting to the end of a video response and then messing up and having to re-record the whole thing! So definitely practice 5 minute responses to questions like "What job/experience have you had that is most similar to the one you are applying to?" and "What is not on your resume that helps us understand you better?".

Eight days after submitting my response they said that I was not a match.

I appreciate Wildfire's quick responses!

Interview Questions
    • Greatest accomplishment in the last 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What experience, professional or personal, has best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell a story that defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your job search and what you are looking for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

Interview Process:
    Online Short Answer/Video Questionnaire
    Phone Call with Recruiter
    Phone Call with Sales Manager
    In-person interview at San Francisco office with two Sales Managers

It took anywhere from a day to a little more than a week to get a call back for the next round. The interviewers asked me questions about my ability to prospect on the phone and by email, my knowledge about the company, and my interest in social media.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume that helps me understand you better.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.