Wildfire Interactive

Wildfire Interactive Social Media Account Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in December 2011.

I applied blind on Wildfire's careers site. (No contacts or introductions)

I received an e-mail 3 days later saying that my resume had "caught their eye." They then sent me a link to something called an Active Interview (activeinterview.com) -- it is a service that allows candidates to type and record responses to questions. So, yes, I didnt even get to speak to a person!

The "interview" consisted of 5 questions - 3 written responses (2 under 1000 characters, and 1 under 3000 characters) and two 5 minute video responses. You can re-record the video response as many times as you like.

At the end you have a chance to look over and edit all of your answers! The whole process is not timed. I spent approximately 1.5 hours.

I found myself getting to the end of a video response and then messing up and having to re-record the whole thing! So definitely practice 5 minute responses to questions like "What job/experience have you had that is most similar to the one you are applying to?" and "What is not on your resume that helps us understand you better?".

Eight days after submitting my response they said that I was not a match.

I appreciate Wildfire's quick responses!

Interview Questions
  • Greatest accomplishment in the last 3 years?   Answer Question
  • What experience, professional or personal, has best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell a story that defines you as a person.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your job search and what you are looking for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

I contacted a recruiter over Linkedin and he asked me to apply online. I got a response on my application after about 1 week and was invited to a video interview. Funny enough this was a one-way interview so I got 5 questions in an online tool, had to answer 2 of 5 just with a written answer and record my answers for the other 3 online and upload the video. I heard back about 4 days later and was invited to a phone interview with a recruiter which was very nice, about 30 min. It was not only about my background but also about my expectations on the job and what I would bring into it. Right at the end of the call the recruiter said she wants me to talk to the Hiring Manager and sent me an invitation for that shortly. This was again a phone interview and pretty similar in terms of what we talked about as the first one I had. Some days later they contacted me again and saif they wan to meet me in person so I had a live interview onsite with the Hiring Manager, a co-worker and the recruiter, for about 60min. Also a very nice talk with just some hard questions where you had to go a little bit beyond your typical explanation of your resume. But all in one very nice. After the interview, I think it was the same day, they invited me to have lunch with some possible future co-workers to see if there is a match. Two days after the lunch they made me an offer, I started only 4 days later with the training. All in one a very easy and short process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation you solved just by using humour?   Answer Question

Social Media Account Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in November 2011.

After applying online, my specific process consisted of a webcam/online interview, two phone interviews, two in-person interviews, and then an offer. All in all, it took just about all of four weeks and in those four weeks' time, everyone I dealt with was professional, friendly, open, and dare I say, kind. Emails, phone calls, and interviews were promptly dealt with, set up, and executed, and even if I didn't get an offer, I think that I would really have no complaints at all about how smoothly everything went and how accessible each person was. I am admittedly a bit befuddled by some of the reviewers that shared negative experiences regarding the responsiveness (which I was initially worried about when I applied after reading these reviews), because it really wasn't an issue in my case, even from the very beginning.

That said, their friendliness didn't stop them from asking some pretty tough questions, and making some very shrewd, smart observations. Please know what you're talking about, and when they say that they want someone with X years of experience, they mean it--they'll figure it out pretty quickly if what you're saying is of any value, or just empty words (and while not always the case, value usually comes from actual experience). It's not enough to just know about the company--anyone can read the right articles--but know about the industry, have experience in the industry (if asked for), and prepare accordingly.

Social Media Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

After applying, I was invited to answer some questions with short answers via an online questionnaire, along with two video questions that I recorded through my laptop. I was called by a recruiter two days later, who said that she was very impressed with my answers and wanted to schedule a phone interview the next day.

During the phone interview, the recruiter asked standard questions regarding my background, education, and knowledge of the company. Through the entire process, her tone seemed bored in nature and it was clear that she wasn't very enthusiastic about the company or her role. At the end, she sprung on me that my experience was too light for the Account Manager role, and that she wanted to consider me for a "Customer Experience Service" role instead. I asked for information on this new role, and she seemed annoyed by my inquiry. She told me that she would present my information to management and let me know about next steps within a few days.

The next day, I sent a follow-up e-mail in which I thanked her for her explanation of the different roles and for taking the time to speak with me. I explained that I had time to analyze the different roles and believed that I believed I was a better fit for the Account Manager role, given my previous experience and the fact that my professional background was only three months short of the two years they required.

One week passed and I had no response. I left a friendly check-in voice mail stating that I was still interested in Wildfire and was eager to speak soon. Within a few minutes, I received an auto-generated rejection e-mail.

Overall, I thought that the recruiter was pretty unfriendly and put way too much emphasis on the job description preferences rather than the individual circumstances surrounding my candidacy. It's a shame, since I had a referral in the company who backed me up and Wildfire does have an exciting and innovative product. For its sake, I hope the company has some more competent HR reps on staff.