Wildfire Interactive Social Media Account Manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in December 2011.

I applied blind on Wildfire's careers site. (No contacts or introductions)

I received an e-mail 3 days later saying that my resume had "caught their eye." They then sent me a link to something called an Active Interview (activeinterview.com) -- it is a service that allows candidates to type and record responses to questions. So, yes, I didnt even get to speak to a person!

The "interview" consisted of 5 questions - 3 written responses (2 under 1000 characters, and 1 under 3000 characters) and two 5 minute video responses. You can re-record the video response as many times as you like.

At the end you have a chance to look over and edit all of your answers! The whole process is not timed. I spent approximately 1.5 hours.

I found myself getting to the end of a video response and then messing up and having to re-record the whole thing! So definitely practice 5 minute responses to questions like "What job/experience have you had that is most similar to the one you are applying to?" and "What is not on your resume that helps us understand you better?".

Eight days after submitting my response they said that I was not a match.

I appreciate Wildfire's quick responses!

Interview Questions
  • Greatest accomplishment in the last 3 years?   Answer Question
  • What experience, professional or personal, has best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell a story that defines you as a person.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your job search and what you are looking for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

Social Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in October 2011.

I contacted a recruiter over Linkedin and he asked me to apply online. I got a response on my application after about 1 week and was invited to a video interview. Funny enough this was a one-way interview so I got 5 questions in an online tool, had to answer 2 of 5 just with a written answer and record my answers for the other 3 online and upload the video. I heard back about 4 days later and was invited to a phone interview with a recruiter which was very nice, about 30 min. It was not only about my background but also about my expectations on the job and what I would bring into it. Right at the end of the call the recruiter said she wants me to talk to the Hiring Manager and sent me an invitation for that shortly. This was again a phone interview and pretty similar in terms of what we talked about as the first one I had. Some days later they contacted me again and saif they wan to meet me in person so I had a live interview onsite with the Hiring Manager, a co-worker and the recruiter, for about 60min. Also a very nice talk with just some hard questions where you had to go a little bit beyond your typical explanation of your resume. But all in one very nice. After the interview, I think it was the same day, they invited me to have lunch with some possible future co-workers to see if there is a match. Two days after the lunch they made me an offer, I started only 4 days later with the training. All in one a very easy and short process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation you solved just by using humour?   Answer Question