Wildflower Bread Company

Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wildflower Bread Company

Cashier Interview

quick and easy online. sat down with shift leader was asked if i ever worked food before, would i be willing to work full time and did i have any questions.

there was none

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company.

I found their add on Craigslist. Job fair. Went in. Interviewed with District Manager I believe. He said I would be hired and if I didn't get a call before the weekend was over, then I was to call him personally. I got his card. I didn't need to call him, Wildflower called me, asking me to bring in my social security card and such. Easy.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I knew about Wildflower values. I answered fine, as I had reviewed them on the craigslist add and a few stuck out to me. But our values are really important to us, so if you have an interview, don't BS this question. Our values are awesome and apply to everyone both in and out of the work force. Find a few that really speak to you.   Answer Question
    If you're doing a good job, you'll be working hard. Don't cheat yourself. You're worth more than min wage. And this is a company that values it employees. So ask for what you think you're worth. Or maybe better, ask for what you're happy with getting after working your butt off all day.

Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company in June 2013.

I submitted a resume/cover letter via Craigslist ad. I received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview. The woman I spoke with worked at the AZ "Corporate offices." I would describe her as direct, no nonsense, not personable via our phone conversation. She asked me to go onto the Wildflower website submit an application, but said the job I was applying for was so new that I should just post my information to any other job under the "Accounting" field. I did that and showed up for the interview the next day 15 minutes early.

When I arrived I was greeted by a receptionist who was less than warm and fuzzy and she gave me a 10 question, questionnaire to fill out. The questions were things like "who's your hero?" "what charitable organizations are you involved with?" "what is your dream job?" Etc, etc. I finished the questionnaire, my interview time came and I sat and waited another 15 minutes to be called in. When they were finally ready, I was greeted by 2 employees, the woman who set up the interview and a man who offered his name, but failed to identify his position.

From the get-go the interview can best be described as awkward. The woman proceeded to look through my questionnaire. She noted my answer to the dream job question, which I'd answered with "published author." She asked, "So published author, what's holding you back?" Aside from the fact that this was the first question asked, I found this borderline offensive and I don't see how this relates to my skill set in any way. I mean if the arts were paying the bills, would I really be looking for a job in the accounting field? I fumbled for an answer to this question and it was difficult to recover after this. Most interviews are a back and forth conversation, this felt much more like an interrogation with questions being asked in rapid succession and no commentary from the interviewers between questions creating a rapport. 98% of the questions were asked by the woman and the male just sat there, head down, expressionless, staring at a clip board. It was so awkward. If the male interviewer was put in the room to test me and make me uncomfortable to see how I react to this, it worked. I attempted several times to answer questions in his direction to no avail. When he finally said something, he still never made eye contact with,me.

I'm used to interviews being a conversation, an opportunity to communicate and get to know one another. The only thing this interviewer told me about the company was that everyone was like "Family." This must be a family short on words. If this is their mantra, then I suggest getting personable employees to conduct interviews, not personalities who appear as though they never speak to others. Truly awkward, felt like grilling by poor communicators rather than a constructive interview.

I was told I would be informed of application status either way. I sent a follow up email and received no response.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? What is holding you back from achieving your dream job?   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedona, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedona, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company in June 2013.

Everyone makes you feel welcome..manager will ask questions about yourself to help you get comfortable. They will let explain the purpose and the opportunity to grow right away.. Managers will help you through all the paperwork process.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of anything, i felt very comfortable at all times..   Answer Question
    Very encouraging to feel that I could work in a place that could help me enjoy my everyday work experience and at the same time be able to spend time with my children, specially happy that I could grow at the same time.

Wildflower Bread Company Response

Jul 18, 2014Founder & President

We are so happy to hear that you had a great interview experience and that you felt welcome and comfortable! It is also great to hear that we have been flexible with your schedule and supportive of ... More

Breadhead (for Real, Isn't That Cute?) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company in February 2012.

We had a booklet that we had to have the other bread heads help fill out for us and had general interview questions, had to have the booklet done within a couple months

Interview Questions
    • what do you dislike the most about working here?   View Answer
    I did not bother to negotiate i was a kid back then and didn't bother with things like that, i was lucky to get a job.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company in August 2011.

Well I turned in my application online and received no call back, so I went into the store to get an application. I filled out the app and was told I would be contacted. About a week went by and nothing, so I called and was told they had not reviewed any applications. A few days went by and I called again, I was told to come in the following Wednesday for an interview. When I came in the guy who interviewed me took a while to come over and start. Basically he asked me about my availability, my work history and if I had done any volunteer work. Then he sent me on my way. A week went by and I did not hear anything from them so I called to be told they were looking for someone with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to work most? What time of day?   View Answer
    • What volunteer work have you done/ have you heard of this organization?   View Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in the future? What are your long term goals?   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildflower Bread Company in September 2010.

.Easy and quick and they are always friendly. They simply did a regular interview one on one with me. We sat down talked about my likes, dislikes, strong and weak qualities. The they reviewed the days I could work and they told me that they would love to give me an opportunity to grow with them.