Wildlife Conservation Society Interview Questions in Bronx, NY

Conservation Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Invited for a 1 of 3 rounds of group interviews at the Bronx Zoo, about 25 per group so I estimated 75 people up for about 20 positions at the various WCS zoo/aquarium locations.

First we split off into groups based off which age group we're most interested in working with during the zoo camp (toddlers, elementary, middle , teens) and were given a task to come up with a lesson plan in 10 minutes. This was pretty hectic. Next we had 1-on-1 interviews for 30-40 mins or went on a short tour of the Bronx Zoo. Questions were basic situational and behavioral questions, such as:

Talk about a time when you had to work in a team

Talk about your experience working with X age group

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a long frustrating, stressful day of working with students   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Series of back-to-back interviews for an Assistant Director position, with individuals or panels from various levels. Presentation to an open invitation group.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were not difficult, but the way some of them were posed was odd. Questions from the presentation ranged in quality because audience was open, some attendees were specialists and others were attending from unrelated units as a lunchtime talk.   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It wasn't terrible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing at all.

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

After applying online and submitting my resume, I was interviewed very briefly by phone and set up a date for the in-person interview. I actually had two interviews that day: with the head of HR and with the Head of the Education Department. Each was about 30 minutes. The HR interview had much more to do with the overall work environment and benefits at WCS and with answering more generic questions about my viability as a candidate. Then I went to interview with my potential boss and he explained the aspirations of the education department, what they've been doing in the past and how they've updated their offerings, and their plans for online and other education. He described the daily work,who my reporting staff would be, and the office atmosphere. He asked me about my experiences developing environmental education and teacher training programs. it was not very unusual, no questions about where I want to be in 5 years or what sort of vegetable I would be if I were a vegetable. Straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• how would you translate in-person and onsite courses and offerings to an online format, trying to keep the most important benefits intact? What is most important to retain in online courses?   Answer Question
    • How would you recruit new enrollment to our existing offerings and potential new online offerings   Answer Question