Wiley Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wiley.

The recruiter and department head were both very professional. There was a phone screening, a written questionnaire, a phone interview and a 1 on 1. It seems like a nice place to work. It is a fairly large company. They will expect you to have an understanding of corporate culture.

Senior Editor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wiley in December 2010.

Initial phone interview, flown to headquarters for a day of interviews with the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, peers, and direct reports. Interviews were not particularly difficult. But the decision making process dragged out for several months.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to move to New Jersey for this job.   View Answer
    Only communicated with HR--contact with hiring manager was forbidden.

Production Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wiley in October 2013.

I actually applied through a networking connection to another position. When they called me in for an interview I had a brief chat on the phone with the HR representative, but it wasn't really a formal interview. When I went in, I had a great initial interview with HR, but in meeting with the hiring manager it as pretty clear it really wasn't the right position for me. But shortly after they notified me that I wasn't hired for that position, they said there was another one open that better fit my qualifications and goals, so I came in for another interview, and a few days later received a job offer. The interviews were fairly low-key. They basically just went through my resume and asked about my experiences, then asked a couple of basic questions. It kind of seemed like they had an idea beforehand that they wanted to hire me or didn't. There was also a copyediting test and another test involving writing a business letter.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I really remember was, "What would your ideal position look like?" Not really a hard one...   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wiley.

Recruiter Called me about 3 weeks after application, scheduled an on site interview for the next week. Very laid back environment. All questions were basic things on your resume and "tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions
    • When I was interviewing with the third person he asked me a lot about accounting that I was not even exposed to   Answer Question

Market Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wiley.

Applied online, got an email confirming interview date. They asked me to fill out a background request form and bring it with me. Met with HR and hiring manager. Both interviews went well, but heard nothing afterwards. its been almost a week.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get any difficult questions. They seem to be really nice people.   Answer Question

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Wiley in March 2014.

A recruiter found my resume on a job board and contacted me. After exchanging a few emails, I had a phone interview. The phone interview lead to an in person interview in Chantilly, VA.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Senior Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wiley in January 2010.

Resume submission, HR interview, manager interview, director interview, vice president interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness, what can you bring to the position, where can you improve.   View Answer
    None, told my salary and I accepted.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wiley in January 2013.

Takes a while for them to get back to you, but once they do the ball is rolling.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a higher salary based on my position at the moment and I was explained I was already in the higher range.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wiley in November 2013.

There was an application filled in and then 1 month or more later a phone call and then a test of "your personality" -- a predictive index test which they say is "just to find out more about you." Then nothing. Silence. And if you follow up by email...still silence...and if you check in 2 weeks later by phone....still silence and no email or anything else in the way of feedback. Cracks me up. You want someone to give your clients good customer service....and yet, you deliver far short in that area. You and your resume go into a black hole if you are not selected for follow up and it appears you will hear nothing at all either way. So my suggestion: move on even when commencing the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. Seemed very cookie cutter which actually alarmed me a bit. I figured someone would ask a few "out of the box" thinking questions, but they did not.....how do you plan your day....how do you find new clients...what could you do for us that someone else cannot/did not....   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malden, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Wiley.

I got this temp job through a staffing agency, no interview was conducted.

Worked for Wiley? Contribute to the Community!