Wiley Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.7

Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wiley in January 2015.

2-3 weeks after applying online I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. The HR person also attached documentation for me to complete a background check. I was to bring the paperwork in with me when I arrived for the interview. I met with the HR person. The conversation was more about my experience and my career goals. The conversation lasted about 30-35 minutes. Next I met with the person that would be my boss. She spoke mostly and told me how inexperienced I was, but that she could teach me a lot. I appreciated her sentiment. I did not speak much and she told me about how she liked to do things in the office. I just did a lot of nodding and smiling. Next I met with another manager in the department. The conversation flowed nicely.

I emailed shortly after the interviews thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks later I received an email indicating that they had chosen another candidate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wiley in January 2015.

I applied online for the senior financial analyst opportunity. A week or so later I was contacted via email to set up a time to speak with the hr recruiter. We spoke about my background. Was simply asked to walk the recruiter through my resume, was asked what knowledge if any did I have on the company and what interested me most about the opportunity. I was asked salary history and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations a? Walk me through your resume. Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Editorial Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Wiley.

Pretty simple. I signed in at the front desk. (Remember to bring some sort of legal ID like a driver's license). Then I met with HR, the head of the department, and the person who would become my immediate supervisor. At one point I needed to copy-edit a letter. Nothing too stressful.

I didn't really get to negotiate. They have a pretty set budget for jobs.

Sales Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wiley in October 2014.

I applied online. First interview was by phone. Second was in person with the manager I would be reporting to, and third was with director. Second interview I was ask to answer 4 written questionnaire, and completed a background check form. It's been 1 week since second interview, have not heard anything yet. Environment is friendly, and the culture at Wiley seems to be pleasant to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Laid back interview. Very friendly environment. Written questionnaire. Made it to second interview, still waiting to hear back if I got the position or not. One week between first and second interview. Hope I get an offer!   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wiley.

The recruiter and department head were both very professional. There was a phone screening, a written questionnaire, a phone interview and a 1 on 1. It seems like a nice place to work. It is a fairly large company. They will expect you to have an understanding of corporate culture.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wiley.

Recruiter Called me about 3 weeks after application, scheduled an on site interview for the next week. Very laid back environment. All questions were basic things on your resume and "tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions
    • When I was interviewing with the third person he asked me a lot about accounting that I was not even exposed to   Answer Question

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wiley.

Applied online, got an email confirming interview date. They asked me to fill out a background request form and bring it with me. Met with HR and hiring manager. Both interviews went well, but heard nothing afterwards. its been almost a week.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get any difficult questions. They seem to be really nice people.   Answer Question

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wiley in March 2014.

A recruiter found my resume on a job board and contacted me. After exchanging a few emails, I had a phone interview. The phone interview lead to an in person interview in Chantilly, VA.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wiley.

I got this temp job through a staffing agency, no interview was conducted.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wiley in November 2013.

There was an application filled in and then 1 month or more later a phone call and then a test of "your personality" -- a predictive index test which they say is "just to find out more about you." Then nothing. Silence. And if you follow up by email...still silence...and if you check in 2 weeks later by phone....still silence and no email or anything else in the way of feedback. Cracks me up. You want someone to give your clients good customer service....and yet, you deliver far short in that area. You and your resume go into a black hole if you are not selected for follow up and it appears you will hear nothing at all either way. So my suggestion: move on even when commencing the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. Seemed very cookie cutter which actually alarmed me a bit. I figured someone would ask a few "out of the box" thinking questions, but they did not.....how do you plan your day....how do you find new clients...what could you do for us that someone else cannot/did not....   Answer Question