Wiley Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received an e-mail wanting to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was standard. They wanted to move me on to the next round, which was in person. A week later I did two 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The one thing that threw me off was an on the spot "attention to detail" test.

Associate Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy overall. Initially spoke with the hiring manager/HR person, who was lovely and extremely easy to talk to. Asked very basic general questions, wanted to know about my present job/company, a bit about my time at university, why I wanted to work for Wiley, etc. No trick questions or curveballs. Then gave me an overview of how the company is changing, moving more toward online educational and informational content, away from print, etc. Then I spoke with the person in charge of the department I'd be working in. She, also, was very congenial and easy to talk to. Pressed me a bit more about why I wanted to make a career change at this point, and discussed a bit about the challenges and details of the position. Although I ended up withdrawing my name from contention, due to it not being a good fit for me, I have nothing bad to say about the process or the way in which I was treated as a potential candidate. All in all, very professional and seemingly nice and intelligent people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the company you work for. Why do you want to make this change now? WHy Wiley?   Answer Question

Library Technical Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Came in twice; once to meet with the head of the department, next to meet with others. It was a long time between the first and second interview. It seems they want to change their organization, so asked a lot of questions related to that. They seemed to feel intimidated by my skill set, which I think is why I did not get the job. Play down technical knowledge as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you collaborate with others.   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens a month apart. Then, two half-day back-to-back interview process with 10 people. You could sense that it was a dog and pony show to support an internal candidate. During my 4:15 slot with two interviewers, one of them packed up his stuff and left...10 min into the 30 min process. That person said, "Oop, it's now 4:25, it's time for me to leave." Another interviewer started the interview by attempting to lecture me. The first thing he said was "Just to let you know..." Then he proceeded to use the remaining time to try to dig himself out of the hole. For the record, I am female and all but one interviewers are male. Most of them are condescending and did not take the interviews seriously. You could feel that they were there to make sure that the internal candidate got the job. One interviewer said he was concerned an external candidate would not have a good understanding of their IT environment. Wow, really?!?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume type of questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Library Technical Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the first interview in February. I did not hear anything from Wiley's HR or interviewer for two months after the initial interview. In April, I was contacted to see if I could come in for a second interview where I interviewed with four other Wiley employees. After the second interview I was contacted by Human Resources requesting two references. A week after I provided my references, I received an email from HR letting me know that they decided to go with another candidate. That was in mid-May of this year. Each time I went to the Wiley offices....security had to call up to HR because I was not on the visitor list. Human Resources seemed disorganized. I am not sure why there was such a delay in between interviews. I do not know if that is standard procedure at Wiley or if they had to put the interview process on hold because something else came up within the department.

Interview Questions

• They spoke a lot about the position in both of the interviews, since Wiley did not previously have this type of position in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the senior financial analyst opportunity. A week or so later I was contacted via email to set up a time to speak with the hr recruiter. We spoke about my background. Was simply asked to walk the recruiter through my resume, was asked what knowledge if any did I have on the company and what interested me most about the opportunity. I was asked salary history and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations a? Walk me through your resume. Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in January 2015.

Interview

2-3 weeks after applying online I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. The HR person also attached documentation for me to complete a background check. I was to bring the paperwork in with me when I arrived for the interview. I met with the HR person. The conversation was more about my experience and my career goals. The conversation lasted about 30-35 minutes. Next I met with the person that would be my boss. She spoke mostly and told me how inexperienced I was, but that she could teach me a lot. I appreciated her sentiment. I did not speak much and she told me about how she liked to do things in the office. I just did a lot of nodding and smiling. Next I met with another manager in the department. The conversation flowed nicely. I emailed shortly after the interviews thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks later I received an email indicating that they had chosen another candidate.

Editorial Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

Pretty simple. I signed in at the front desk. (Remember to bring some sort of legal ID like a driver's license). Then I met with HR, the head of the department, and the person who would become my immediate supervisor. At one point I needed to copy-edit a letter. Nothing too stressful.

Negotiation

I didn't really get to negotiate. They have a pretty set budget for jobs.

Sales Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. First interview was by phone. Second was in person with the manager I would be reporting to, and third was with director. Second interview I was ask to answer 4 written questionnaire, and completed a background check form. It's been 1 week since second interview, have not heard anything yet. Environment is friendly, and the culture at Wiley seems to be pleasant to work for.

Interview Questions

• Laid back interview. Very friendly environment. Written questionnaire. Made it to second interview, still waiting to hear back if I got the position or not. One week between first and second interview. Hope I get an offer!   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The recruiter and department head were both very professional. There was a phone screening, a written questionnaire, a phone interview and a 1 on 1. It seems like a nice place to work. It is a fairly large company. They will expect you to have an understanding of corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer