Wiley

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.7

Editorial Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Wiley.

Pretty simple. I signed in at the front desk. (Remember to bring some sort of legal ID like a driver's license). Then I met with HR, the head of the department, and the person who would become my immediate supervisor. At one point I needed to copy-edit a letter. Nothing too stressful.

I didn't really get to negotiate. They have a pretty set budget for jobs.

Sales Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wiley in October 2014.

I applied online. First interview was by phone. Second was in person with the manager I would be reporting to, and third was with director. Second interview I was ask to answer 4 written questionnaire, and completed a background check form. It's been 1 week since second interview, have not heard anything yet. Environment is friendly, and the culture at Wiley seems to be pleasant to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Laid back interview. Very friendly environment. Written questionnaire. Made it to second interview, still waiting to hear back if I got the position or not. One week between first and second interview. Hope I get an offer!   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wiley.

The recruiter and department head were both very professional. There was a phone screening, a written questionnaire, a phone interview and a 1 on 1. It seems like a nice place to work. It is a fairly large company. They will expect you to have an understanding of corporate culture.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wiley.

Recruiter Called me about 3 weeks after application, scheduled an on site interview for the next week. Very laid back environment. All questions were basic things on your resume and "tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions
    • When I was interviewing with the third person he asked me a lot about accounting that I was not even exposed to   Answer Question

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wiley.

Applied online, got an email confirming interview date. They asked me to fill out a background request form and bring it with me. Met with HR and hiring manager. Both interviews went well, but heard nothing afterwards. its been almost a week.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get any difficult questions. They seem to be really nice people.   Answer Question

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wiley in March 2014.

A recruiter found my resume on a job board and contacted me. After exchanging a few emails, I had a phone interview. The phone interview lead to an in person interview in Chantilly, VA.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wiley.

I got this temp job through a staffing agency, no interview was conducted.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wiley in November 2013.

There was an application filled in and then 1 month or more later a phone call and then a test of "your personality" -- a predictive index test which they say is "just to find out more about you." Then nothing. Silence. And if you follow up by email...still silence...and if you check in 2 weeks later by phone....still silence and no email or anything else in the way of feedback. Cracks me up. You want someone to give your clients good customer service....and yet, you deliver far short in that area. You and your resume go into a black hole if you are not selected for follow up and it appears you will hear nothing at all either way. So my suggestion: move on even when commencing the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. Seemed very cookie cutter which actually alarmed me a bit. I figured someone would ask a few "out of the box" thinking questions, but they did not.....how do you plan your day....how do you find new clients...what could you do for us that someone else cannot/did not....   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wiley in October 2013.

I actually applied through a networking connection to another position. When they called me in for an interview I had a brief chat on the phone with the HR representative, but it wasn't really a formal interview. When I went in, I had a great initial interview with HR, but in meeting with the hiring manager it as pretty clear it really wasn't the right position for me. But shortly after they notified me that I wasn't hired for that position, they said there was another one open that better fit my qualifications and goals, so I came in for another interview, and a few days later received a job offer. The interviews were fairly low-key. They basically just went through my resume and asked about my experiences, then asked a couple of basic questions. It kind of seemed like they had an idea beforehand that they wanted to hire me or didn't. There was also a copyediting test and another test involving writing a business letter.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I really remember was, "What would your ideal position look like?" Not really a hard one...   Answer Question

Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wiley.

went through a very long hiring process during which time met the editors and publisher-- that alone was a nightmare as people there contrary to what one expects 'intelligent' people to be-- are arrogant, and their cultural and educational pedigree aside-- pretentious; uninformed; and egotistical