Wilfrid Laurier University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.3

Interview

The most ridiculous interview I have ever had. 2 rounds interview with 2 sessions each. Each session I was Interviewed by 5 people for 45 minutes. During the interview each people take his/her chance to read a qustion that they had prepared on a paper. Very unprofessional.

That is obviously why U of Waterloo is U of Waterloo and Laurier can only be Laurier

Interview Questions

• If you find a cheet in budget(they used the fancy term "in favour of"), do you report to finance department first or do you report to faculty first?   1 Answer

International Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers, one from International Office, the other a mentor herself, both friendly and easy to talk to. They took a lot of notes and had a long list of prepared questions. Most questions are typical interview questions focusing on cultural sensitivity and communication skills. They also asked about my understanding of the position and related rules. We had a pleasant conversation anyways.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a mentee does not reply to any of your emails?   Answer Question
    • Describe a past experience of a cultural shock. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How to best respect your mentee's culture? (i.e. incorporate cultural sensitivity into your job)   Answer Question
    • What do you think are some of the things a peer mentor should definitely not do on this job?   Answer Question

Registrar Office Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

1 interview with a panel of 5 including HR Manager, perhaps 15 questions, 1 hr. Friendly and relaxed. Good questions. Enjoyed it. A very positive experience and panel provided helpful feedback following the decision. Got the feeling it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of co-workers that I most like and dislike working with.   Answer Question

Annual Giving Representative Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First was a group interview.Questions were asked to see if you could think on the spot, reflect your personality and if you are able to talk about different topics. Then a phone/ mock phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• Be confident for the mock phone call interview and go into the script right away.   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

The application form was first filled out online, where you gave basic information about yourself as well as which course(s) you wanted to apply for. All eligible applicants (based on past course completion and grades) were given a blank timetable to fill out. Those who were then short-listed were given a skill test in order to see if you remembered the material that would ultimately be studied in the course. Applicants with the highest scores were chosen - NO FORMAL INTERVIEW.

Interview Questions

• Having to recall specific material that was taught to me long ago   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University.

Interview

Applied for a short term project. What is ur fav course? Are you detail focused? Very nice people.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online at their website. I was selected from the pool and brought in for the interview. I waited 1 week to get a reply back from the application. Then another week for the interview, and lastly another week for their decision. I interviewed with 5 people. They were fairly laid back. They tried to put you at ease and were dressed down. The questions were typical behavioural ones and standard where do you see yourself in 5 years and why are you a good fit? Most questions dealt with the job description and duties though. They had their list of questions and didn't go any further into them then what they had on their sheets. It was difficult to address all members of the interview team as we were at an oval table and it was hard to make eye contact with all members throughout an answer.

Web Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy, had 3 people interviewed me. Basically asked me if I knew how to use Dreamweaver. Showed them my website samples and amazed them with my skills. They were really nice.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University in August 2008.

Interview

meeting in the lab. give my talk. answer to the questions. lunch with my supervisor and other profs. meeting later.