Wiline Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wiline

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wiline (San Carlos, CA).

Interview

I was contacting first by a staffing agency to see if I would be interested in working for Wiline. Following a successful screen with mutual interest to proceed it was arranged that I would do a phone interview with ultimately who became my direct supervisor. Once that step was successful completed, i then had a face to face interview with my manager. Following that I met with other stakeholders throughout the company. An offer came shortly after.

Interview Questions

• My interview was a behavioral interviewed that focused a lot on working in a startup environment and key learning/results gained from these similar type companies. There were no trick questions so if you bring a good work record and can articulate what you have accomplished in the past and how you will use your skills to benefit the company, you should be in good shape.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiline (San Carlos, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was rushed in to work with them out of desperation. I never met with my manager and the sales director just told the manager that he had hired me. When in the meeting, because it wasn't an interview, the sales director wanted to talk about sports and family. Then we went over commission and then salary, because I asked to. He attempted to give me $40k, when I settled for $45k knowing he was paying the men more. We shook hands and I started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you know (Manager Name)?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiline (Princeton, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I had three interviews with three different people. It was all very casual and friendly and they were very interesting people to meet with. Very highly educated with Masters and in some cases PhD's and lots of telecom and business experience. Overall, I was very excited to be even at the interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviews was all about Team players and how I would fit into the overall team. They asked why I left my last position and would I go back if the old company contacted me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very low key and casual. They have a HR VP in the Foster City office and he called me with an offer.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiline in June 2010.

Interview

First interview was by phone. Standard questions (why do you think you would be a good fit? Review of resume) Second interview was face to face. What are your goals?, what techniques have you used in the past that were successful?) Third interview, meet with VP of Sales, revisit the same questions from 1st and 2nd interview for the most part. Offer letter emailed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiline in December 2008.

Interview

Was doing my M.S. in Chicago and received a phone call asking me to come to SF for an interview. Decided on date and then made a visit to the company. Very friendly/encouraging people, questions included , What is OSPF, VLSM, Vlans, subnetting.