Wilkins Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

CAM Interview

CAM

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – first phone interview 2 minutes. 2nd interview was with Vice President ( arrogant) in charge of training and sales force. Then a work assignment on how to present a proposal using the recommended template.

Interview Question – Do you have the ability to work for 6-9 months to work until you can get the business off the ground.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wanted to get in on ground floor for best businesses to sell products. got territory 2 hours from home.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was over the internet and finally phone. You need to pass a qualifying test online before the phone interview. There is a calculation and quote section that needs to be completed. The company is very nice. All the way through everyone that I spoke with was very helpful. It is a good company.

Interview Question – Calculating the correct pricing and discounts for the products in the quote. Once you do it it is not that difficult but the first time needs to be carefully reviewed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There were some personal issues that needed to be taken care of.

Commercial Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in May 2012.

Interview Details – it was unusually long, involved, and intricate, which sort of reinforced the notion that thiswa s a highly sought after and competitive situation.
We had a few emails to set up an "interview". I sent resumes and cover letters, all the usual things. We had a brief phone interview following that, and then a delay of some weeks. Then an offer letter, non-disclosure agreement, etc.

Interview Question – The thing I found most unexpected was the casual nature of the interview. I didn't notice any of the usual weeding out questions. All text book stuff for the most part.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as much as I should have. At the time, I was thrilled to get an offer. I wish I would have demanded either a base salary, or, more typically, a draw against future commissions. A draw is actually GOOD for both parties, because it means we both have skin in the game and believe it will be a successful arrangement.

Commercial Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – Takes some time but is thorough to help determine personality traits and set realistic expectations for the newcomers. Also tests some core competency levels to assess each applicants technological abilities.

Interview Question – I did not experiance difficult questions... I was open and honest as to what I was looking for from the company and how I thought I could not only develop my own skill set but eagerly assist others to help them meet their desire to succeed and assist in the National expansion of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple: it was a territory agreement and an understanding that we would help each other to excel.

CAM Interview

CAM
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple initial phone interviews; Lengthy, detailed performance requirements such as completing Excel spreadsheets and letters; final phone interviews. Offer. Non compete, non-disclosure agreement (they ask for life commitment, which seems odd, but is probably generic form fodder); typical background check, etc. Personally, I am an old pro, just looking for a little incremental income and some fun, I guess. I found the interview process, if I were to evaluate it from a professional standpoint, as "over doing it" or "trying too hard". Honestly, asking people to perform spreadsheet skills test is a bit too secondary schoolish, and says more about you than the interviewer. It says, "we are trying to look like big shots". When, in truth, the big shot companies, and I have worked for #3 and $ in my day, actually know they are big shots and don't have to be demanding to know it. Of course, I found these tasks a bit sophomoric. I have a lot of time on my hands and went for it, for fun. I don't regret that. Some of the younger ladies and gentlemen in the group might have thought otherwise, but I found it fun.

Interview Question – Asked for my questions right off the bat, which was a little unusual too.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple; just a back and forth offer and acceptance.

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1) 30 minute interview with HR hiring manager, poignant questions about sales and passions, all corporate/company questions are deferred/deflected
2) skills test of visiting a customer and writing a follow-up note
3) phone interview with VP of Sales
4) skills test of using quoting tool
5) Contact with offer

Interview Question – Going out to a prospective customer for a "mock" sales call...I had to find my own to go see and perform the follow-up letter. Bizarre.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a 1099, commission-only position and they state that upfront. The entire company is pay for performance, even the execs so no room to negotiate. No one gets a salary or benefits.

Commercial Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions.

Interview Details – Submitted Resume and Cover, Phone Interview with HR, Written and voicemail test, Excel test, FInal Phone Interview, Paperwork, Ref3erence Checks, Background CHeck, Offer Letter.

Interview Question – Title of my powerpoint presentation on the secret of success in sales   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - VERY GENEROUS commmission plan compared to what else I had come across

Commercial Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in April 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by another phone interview. You never meet anyone in person.

Worked for Wilkins Solutions? Contribute to the Community!