Wilkins Solutions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wilkins Solutions

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in June 2013.

Interview was over the internet and finally phone. You need to pass a qualifying test online before the phone interview. There is a calculation and quote section that needs to be completed. The company is very nice. All the way through everyone that I spoke with was very helpful. It is a good company.

Interview Questions
    • Calculating the correct pricing and discounts for the products in the quote. Once you do it it is not that difficult but the first time needs to be carefully reviewed.   Answer Question

There were some personal issues that needed to be taken care of.

CAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in June 2012.

Multiple initial phone interviews; Lengthy, detailed performance requirements such as completing Excel spreadsheets and letters; final phone interviews. Offer. Non compete, non-disclosure agreement (they ask for life commitment, which seems odd, but is probably generic form fodder); typical background check, etc. Personally, I am an old pro, just looking for a little incremental income and some fun, I guess. I found the interview process, if I were to evaluate it from a professional standpoint, as "over doing it" or "trying too hard". Honestly, asking people to perform spreadsheet skills test is a bit too secondary schoolish, and says more about you than the interviewer. It says, "we are trying to look like big shots". When, in truth, the big shot companies, and I have worked for #3 and $ in my day, actually know they are big shots and don't have to be demanding to know it. Of course, I found these tasks a bit sophomoric. I have a lot of time on my hands and went for it, for fun. I don't regret that. Some of the younger ladies and gentlemen in the group might have thought otherwise, but I found it fun.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for my questions right off the bat, which was a little unusual too.   View Answer
    It was simple; just a back and forth offer and acceptance.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in May 2012.

it was unusually long, involved, and intricate, which sort of reinforced the notion that thiswa s a highly sought after and competitive situation.
    We had a few emails to set up an "interview". I sent resumes and cover letters, all the usual things. We had a brief phone interview following that, and then a delay of some weeks. Then an offer letter, non-disclosure agreement, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The thing I found most unexpected was the casual nature of the interview. I didn't notice any of the usual weeding out questions. All text book stuff for the most part.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as much as I should have. At the time, I was thrilled to get an offer. I wish I would have demanded either a base salary, or, more typically, a draw against future commissions. A draw is actually GOOD for both parties, because it means we both have skin in the game and believe it will be a successful arrangement.

CAM Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

first phone interview 2 minutes. 2nd interview was with Vice President ( arrogant) in charge of training and sales force. Then a work assignment on how to present a proposal using the recommended template.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have the ability to work for 6-9 months to work until you can get the business off the ground.   View Answer
    Wanted to get in on ground floor for best businesses to sell products. got territory 2 hours from home.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

Takes some time but is thorough to help determine personality traits and set realistic expectations for the newcomers. Also tests some core competency levels to assess each applicants technological abilities.

Interview Questions
    • I did not experiance difficult questions... I was open and honest as to what I was looking for from the company and how I thought I could not only develop my own skill set but eagerly assist others to help them meet their desire to succeed and assist in the National expansion of the company.   Answer Question
    Simple: it was a territory agreement and an understanding that we would help each other to excel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in August 2011.

1) 30 minute interview with HR hiring manager, poignant questions about sales and passions, all corporate/company questions are deferred/deflected
    2) skills test of visiting a customer and writing a follow-up note
    3) phone interview with VP of Sales
    4) skills test of using quoting tool
    5) Contact with offer

Interview Questions
    • Going out to a prospective customer for a "mock" sales call...I had to find my own to go see and perform the follow-up letter. Bizarre.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is a 1099, commission-only position and they state that upfront. The entire company is pay for performance, even the execs so no room to negotiate. No one gets a salary or benefits.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions.

Submitted Resume and Cover, Phone Interview with HR, Written and voicemail test, Excel test, FInal Phone Interview, Paperwork, Ref3erence Checks, Background CHeck, Offer Letter.

Interview Questions
    • Title of my powerpoint presentation on the secret of success in sales   Answer Question
    None - VERY GENEROUS commmission plan compared to what else I had come across

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wilkins Solutions in April 2011.

phone interview followed by another phone interview. You never meet anyone in person.