William Beaumont Hospital

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

Nursing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital.

I applied online and got a call from the manager on the floor about a week later. I interviewed with the manager and then interviewed with a charge nurse and NA on the floor. A day later HR called and I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of teamwork and "what would you do in this situation" questions. You also want to have specific reasons for why you want to work at Beaumont   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in October 2014.

Interview was very intense with HR with over fifteen questions being asked, before interviewing with the supervisor of the department. Both interviewers were very nice and professional. Beaumont Hospital is a straight-shooter when it comes to interviews. If they are not interested you will know immediately. The interview/hiring process is quite lengthy due to the scheduling of the physical exam, etc. I would say about a month is average which includes interviewing, physical exam, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a co-worker who is not a team player, but requires two disciplines to treat the patient effectively and safely.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation with this company. They have a pay-scale they refer to which is based on your experience, e.g. the date your license was obtained up until the present year. However, the great benefits more than make up for the amount offered. Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) continue to pay more, however often the insurance is very expensive. In addition, many SNF are no longer offering coverage for employees' spouses as of January 2015.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in June 2014.

Filled out application online, was called two days later for an interview. The interviewers were very nice, but I felt like every time I answered a question they had to glance at each other, It made me uncomfortable. I think it was a good thing that they didn't offer me the job because I don't think I could have worked for someone that made me so uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when your integrity was questioned and what was the outcome, I told them I couldn't recall a time when my integrity was every in question (I still can't ever think of a time) and they didn't seem to like that,   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in May 2014.

The pre interview is very strict. You have to answer a bunch of medical terminology questions, take a spelling quiz, and a typing test. The spelling test was I think 25 words and either you checked it if was spelled wrong or left it if it wasn't. The words had nothing to do with medicine or a hospital.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was the typing test. I was one word per minute short of the requirement and was told I couldn't continue. I have to go back in two weeks to try again.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at William Beaumont Hospital.

I had three total interview and a lot of back and forth communication to address further questions. I was contacted by manager and brought in for an interview with her (usually you go through HR first). I then had my HR interview and finally an interview with the staff. The whole process was fairly drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions related to my previous work processes and accomplishments. A few behavior questions.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied online – interviewed at William Beaumont Hospital.

Easy resume talk through. Very relazed

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a staff conflict you had and how you dealt with it. Difficult to answer, as I had never experienced it before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Straight forward pay scale for RN's

Physician's Scribe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in December 2012.

I was contacted by phone for an interview after an application was submitted online. They got back to me promptly and arranged for an interview through HR. Interview was very informal and laid back. The interviewer was interactive and warm. Beaumont immediately stresses how important their "Beaumont Standards" are and how you would fit into their environment, how you deal with stress, how you deal with unsatisfied patients, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths / what are your biggest weaknesses?
      How do you deal with stressful situations?

Answer Question
    Hourly pay was set from previous contracted position.

Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in November 2012.

First interview was with an HR employee. The questions were straight forward tell me about a time when..., what I like best about scribing, all relevant questions. Second interview was with the chief scribe and chief physician of the EC. Similar questions to HR. Everyone was pretty nice.

Interview Questions
    • There were no odd ball questions. everything was straight forward and relevant to the job and my experience. Had to take a spelling test, medical terminology test, and typing test.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate compensation. Ultimately left the position as it didn't pay enough, particularly compared to other EC positions who made much more than scribes yet required less experience, education, and knowledge.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in January 2012.

The atmosphere is casual. Interviewers are easy going and honest. They easy to talk to and give tours of the department to all applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions about past job. Their dislikes and future goals.   View Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at William Beaumont Hospital in June 2010.

Standard for RN interview